Old May 8, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyMan
Opinion will vary but this was compiled by what was highlighted by most members:

All allow 2 adult with 2 kids
Print Wikipost

which Hyatt in Tokyo?

Old Oct 1, 2022, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
What does this mean? Aren't all the hotel sites hosted on hyatt.com only?
SLH hotels can be booked through Hyatt, but they are not Hyatt hotels. They are their own separate entity with their own website and booking entity.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 1:00 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I personally would choose the bigger room. I've never been to Ginza during Xmas, but I imagine there would be things in the area worth seeing at that time. Worst case, you can walk to Marunouchi and see the pretty lights there.
Thanks - I will probably stick with the Centric since it's harder to give up a nice suite!

@jlee132132 I will follow up when I return. I think this is now my 3rd or 4th attempt at trying to book a Tokyo trip since early 2020, so hopefully this time we can actually go!
jlee132132 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
I personally would choose the bigger room. I've never been to Ginza during Xmas, but I imagine there would be things in the area worth seeing at that time. Worst case, you can walk to Marunouchi and see the pretty lights there.

Hi,

In early Dec 2019, I walked through Ginza and apart from Marunouchi ( and several sky gardens overlooking Tokyo station plaza ( ie Kittte and Maru/ Shinmaru buidings with the malls having star wars toys collection), there was

Tokyo Midtown Hibya with lots of lights and a walk throgh christmas tree replica
The outside of the Peninsula Hotel ( lit up christmas tree and toys/bears at the foot of the tree
Tokyo Kotsu Kaikan ( circular buiding with icicles dangling from the balcony and a christmas tree on the 3rd floor room) . Also the surrounding streets had green lights on the trees and the area around Lumine Yurakucho ( Yurachuo/ Ginza metro stations ) were nice

A couple of photos

Outside Tokyo Peninsula Hotel Dec 2019

Tokyo Midtown Hibya Dec 2019 ( you can walk through the tree)

Tokyo Kaitsu Kaikan late Nov 19 ( and previous years also-seen the lights in early Jan also)

Regards

TBS
Boraxo, hailstorm and jch636 like this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Oct 2, 2022 at 3:52 am
Old Oct 2, 2022, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you're going that far, might as well check out the Imperial Hotel as well. It won't be around much longer...
Old Oct 2, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: n/a
ive just read 20 pages of this and think i have a good grasp (as well as a headache) over the general consensus and order at which people rank the hotels .
if price and point redemption are equal it's 1. andaz. 2. PH then 3 GH

We will be traveling with a toddler so some of the location subway talks get kinda confusing
some say it's annoyingly far away compared to the other properties and other commenters saying it's not too bad.

if you were traveling with a toddler would you guys still choose the andaz? might do one night at PH before we depart
Old Oct 2, 2022, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by br0wntown
ive just read 20 pages of this and think i have a good grasp (as well as a headache) over the general consensus and order at which people rank the hotels .
if price and point redemption are equal it's 1. andaz. 2. PH then 3 GH

We will be traveling with a toddler so some of the location subway talks get kinda confusing
some say it's annoyingly far away compared to the other properties and other commenters saying it's not too bad.

if you were traveling with a toddler would you guys still choose the andaz? might do one night at PH before we depart
It's an underground passage to Toronomon station but maybe with a toddler then GH would be best. You'd be at Roppongi Hills and could walk to Tokyo Midtown or use the subway.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
It's an underground passage to Toronomon station but maybe with a toddler then GH would be best. You'd be at Roppongi Hills and could walk to Tokyo Midtown or use the subway.
the fact that people rate andaz and PH higher on this thread (not sure if it changed recently since i mostly read the first 20 pages) is gonna give me major FOMO for not staying at the "consensus best" lol

but maybe youre right and location with the toddler will be better for us. i mean wed be out exploring tokyo anyway but man do i love enjoying the hotels too
Old Oct 2, 2022, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
also what's the neg for a underground passage? is it sketchy?
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
For Tokyo, I prefer the Grand Hyatt to all other Hyatt properties, but that just me. I love its location in Roppongi, the Narita airport bus stops here (and at other hotels too), and the Grand Club is very nice!
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by sapguy
For Tokyo, I prefer the Grand Hyatt to all other Hyatt properties, but that just me. I love its location in Roppongi, the Narita airport bus stops here (and at other hotels too), and the Grand Club is very nice!
i was lookin into grand hyatt but when i initially read all the reviews from the beginning it seemed like most people put grand hyatt 3rd.
ill have to check out grand hyatt then and maybe just do 1 night in either the andaz or park hyatt for the experience before we go back.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 4:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
The underground passage is a plus, not a minus. Smooth, stair-free, weather-protected access to the station.
hailstorm likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, location and train access from Andaz Tokyo is a lot better than it was when it opened. Location will be even better five years from now.
OsakaWino likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Yes, location and train access from Andaz Tokyo is a lot better than it was when it opened. Location will be even better five years from now.
When the station building is completed and the intersection at Toranomon Hills Station is cleaned up it will be a nice improvement. But even now the Andaz has the best public transport access of the Tokyo Hyatts.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
When the station building is completed and the intersection at Toranomon Hills Station is cleaned up it will be a nice improvement. But even now the Andaz has the best public transport access of the Tokyo Hyatts.
Unless you want to count Tokyo Station Hotel.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
i find it unlikely any underground passage in tokyo is sketchy! :-)
TravisMT81 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.