Old May 8, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyMan
Opinion will vary but this was compiled by what was highlighted by most members:

All allow 2 adult with 2 kids
Print Wikipost

which Hyatt in Tokyo?

Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by hailstorm
So you're saying that you are no longer 100% like certain?
Still 100% certain. But that means going through exit A7, not exit A4, if you want to be a pedant about it. I've actually never gone through exit A7, only through exit A4, so I've had to walk an additional 20 meters, very exhausting. But if you're OsakaWino I'm pretty sure you can claim with 100% certainty that the HR has the closest distance between the hotel and the train platform.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Pickles
Toranomon, Kamiyacho, Shimbashi, and Uchisaiwaicho stations, the ones closest to the hotel, are all walkable along flat land with wide sidewalks.
+1

But just to add, for Toranomon it is important to chose the right exit depending on the direction you want to travel. We really liked Uchisaiwaicho for most purposes; close with readily accessible elevators.

On our way back to Tokyo Station from Andaz we decided to walk to Kasumigaseki Station Exit A6 because there is an elevator from ground level to the Marunouchi Line. It is a long gentle upward slope, just a bit tiring for someone with poor mobility pulling a wheeled suitcase.

Last edited by OsakaWino; Jun 30, 2019 at 1:15 am
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:55 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
I will be back at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo in Roppongi Hills in October, can't wait!

Convenient, stylish, and in the happening area, at least for me anyhow.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sapguy
I will be back at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo in Roppongi Hills in October, can't wait!

Convenient, stylish, and in the happening area, at least for me anyhow.
It was "happening" 10 years ago. Now you've got places like Hikarie and Tokyo Midtown Hibiya vying for attention.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Plenty of things happening in Roppongi, still. It just depends what you're after. Nightlife can still be plenty fun.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is anyone here going to be in Tokyo during the next week?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:46 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Currently having a hard time deciding where to stay for my last (4th) night in Tokyo:

Am booked at the PH for 3 nights, Governor, Governor and Park suite (Gov not available on 3rd). It is available on the 4th, but realistically, will they make me move twice?
All premium suites beyond governor are available on the entire duration of our stay, but if they were to move someone I figure it'd be the person staying on the single 3rd night instead of us? And of course I know i shouldn't be counting on this happening at all...

Alternatively standard/premium suites at the GH and Centric are available - figure that GH would be a good idea (actually the cheapest option as we won't have to pay for breakfast). I do have some appointments in the immediate Hills complex the 2nd last day. But next day departure to NRT would be quite problematic (my flight's at 5:15pm and the scheduled duration for the 2pm limousine bus is 2 hours? A bit uncomfortable as it leaves us too little time at NRT so we'll have to cab it to Shimbashi onwards to Skyliner or Shibuya/Tokyo for NEX...)

Never stayed at the GH before but my companion thinks the stock photos make their rooms look similar to HR. This must be wrong I assume?

For the same price of PH I could also get a view (standard) room at the Andaz, inclusive of perks thru Virtuoso etc...but it is just gonna be a 'room'

Except for the Andaz I'm looking to be using those 6000/9000 point upgrades for the above.

Or...or.....(off topic) the Aman is available for an extra $400 or so compared to the PH...worth a splurge?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Currently having a hard time deciding where to stay for my last (4th) night in Tokyo:

Am booked at the PH for 3 nights, Governor, Governor and Park suite (Gov not available on 3rd). It is available on the 4th, but realistically, will they make me move twice?
All premium suites beyond governor are available on the entire duration of our stay, but if they were to move someone I figure it'd be the person staying on the single 3rd night instead of us? And of course I know i shouldn't be counting on this happening at all...

Alternatively standard/premium suites at the GH and Centric are available - figure that GH would be a good idea (actually the cheapest option as we won't have to pay for breakfast). I do have some appointments in the immediate Hills complex the 2nd last day. But next day departure to NRT would be quite problematic (my flight's at 5:15pm and the scheduled duration for the 2pm limousine bus is 2 hours? A bit uncomfortable as it leaves us too little time at NRT so we'll have to cab it to Shimbashi onwards to Skyliner or Shibuya/Tokyo for NEX...)

Never stayed at the GH before but my companion thinks the stock photos make their rooms look similar to HR. This must be wrong I assume?

For the same price of PH I could also get a view (standard) room at the Andaz, inclusive of perks thru Virtuoso etc...but it is just gonna be a 'room'

Except for the Andaz I'm looking to be using those 6000/9000 point upgrades for the above.

Or...or.....(off topic) the Aman is available for an extra $400 or so compared to the PH...worth a splurge?
An alternative to the Narita Limo Bus is taking the Hibiya line from Roppongi Hills to Ueno and then catching the Keisei Skyliner to Narita. Doable in 1.5 hours.
G-CIVC likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:37 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
I would just stay put at the PH. There is a decent chance that they won't make you change rooms twice. Even if they do, changing rooms within the PH is preferable to moving to another hotel 30 minutes away for just 1 night. That time would be better spent enjoying Tokyo.

If you are curious about the GH, consider stopping by the Oak Door for a drink while you are in Roppongi.
G-CIVC likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 4:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
$400 extra for the Aman? I'd go with that. Unless it's just for that one night; then just stay put.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 4:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd make the decision largely on the NRT limobus schedule. If it works from the PH/HR, either stay there or move someplace nearby (that's likely to be cheap). Similarly the Andaz is nice, so go there if you must move and it the airport transportation (by limobus) schedule works.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I would just move rooms (if necessary) at PH. They'll even do the moving for you if you like.
G-CIVC likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Thanks everyone. All the suites suddenly got swept up at the PH (it's actually very near from now) - I'm not sure if they were really all bought out or what, but unlikely we can get further upgraded even if we booked yet another night. Not that I should be expecting it anyway and hopefully 3 nights won't be too short to make the most out of the hotel and the suites we're booked into

Ended up booking the GH. I figure the $300 savings vs PH can buy us a nice Michelin meal and some taxi rides instead. Unfortunately they didn't offer any 9000-pt upgrades/'premium suites' for redemptions (as in, there are none categorized for this apparently) but no complaints for getting the 100 sqm Grand Exec King suite as a standard suite upgrade despite not the preferred bed type
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Ended up booking the GH. I figure the $300 savings vs PH can buy us a nice Michelin meal and some taxi rides instead.
I hate Uber as a company, but I'll mention that in Tokyo the Uber Black service (all that is offered) will get you a minimum of a Crown and usually an Alphard-type van at similar pricing to the taxis - and also adds the convenience of not having to communicate addresses to the taxi driver. If you have a Japanese CC, you can use the local app services also.

I'm not sure where you're based, but in case you use Uber be aware that US-based credits do not apply in foreign countries, nor does the US loyalty program.
G-CIVC likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Trying to decide where I want to stay on points during my trip to Tokyo. Andaz is my favorite but i'm not sure if anything major has changed in the past year and a half. Only status I would have would be low level status from a hyatt credit card. Have stayed at park hyatt and wasn't really impressed and I found GH to not be very good if you don't have status. Have there been any major developments that have shifted which hyatts may be the go to on award stays?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.