Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Auckland - Pre-Opening discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Auckland - Pre-Opening discussion

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2019, 6:05 am

It's a little troubling that the hotel is being constructed by a de facto agency of the Chinese government with financing fronted by China's "wealthiest woman."
Old May 2, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Well no more troubling than those funded by the Saudi royal family of the Sultan of Brunei...
katstarr likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
Well no more troubling than those funded by the Saudi royal family of the Sultan of Brunei...
Agree. But still troubling.
Old May 3, 2019, 4:38 pm

Maybe it’s just me imagining things but i think I noticed a small change on the Hyatt site.

Until Yesterday, searching “Auckland” or “New Zealand” would yield no results nor would it populate any locations in the search bar. Yesterday evening I noticed that when you type any NZ location into the search bar, it will populate with NZ cities/landmarks. Carrying out the search will still lead to a “no hotels” message but it looks like Hyatt has at least updated their search engine for NZ. This is a fairly useless bread crumb but hopefully it’s a step towards the opening of PH Auckland.
katstarr likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 12:45 pm

Well, they are now hiring. Any guesses on what that mean in terms of timing?

https://www.seek.co.nz/jobs?advertiserid=40268334
Old May 14, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
I just sent them a message 2 days ago and they again said September 1st. We shall see!
Old May 14, 2019, 12:59 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by katstarr
Well, they are now hiring. Any guesses on what that mean in terms of timing?

https://www.seek.co.nz/jobs?advertiserid=40268334
That it won’t be long before first arriving guests will be the guinea pigs for good or bad stay experiences 😉🤞🙃
Old May 14, 2019, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
I just sent them a message 2 days ago and they again said September 1st. We shall see!
Dang, I'll be there in august.
Old May 18, 2019, 12:58 am
tsz

Just checked out of the PH Melbourne today and am headed to Auckland. Was told by the agent at checkout that the front office manager at PH Melbourne just left to take a job as Director of Rooms at the PH Auckland, and that late July is a possibility but not yet advertising that yet. Obviously taking with a grain of salt but interesting nonetheless.
Old May 18, 2019, 5:13 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tsz
Just checked out of the PH Melbourne today and am headed to Auckland. Was told by the agent at checkout that the front office manager at PH Melbourne just left to take a job as Director of Rooms at the PH Auckland, and that late July is a possibility but not yet advertising that yet. Obviously taking with a grain of salt but interesting nonetheless.

See post 27. Christian left earlier this year.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:22 pm

We'll be there 11/6-8/19 and just messaged Hyatt. Said they'd be open in early September. Booking the Hilton and keeping an eye on the PH.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:16 am

I contacted the hotel GM, Brett Sweetman. I told him I'd be in Auckland in August. He said "We are not expected to open until the end of Quarter Three"
Old Jun 1, 2019, 6:49 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
They just ran a competition for two nights in a Suite stating ‘Opening in Q3.’

Sounds like it’s going to be Q4.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
They just ran a competition for two nights in a Suite stating ‘Opening in Q3.’

Sounds like it’s going to be Q4.
do you have a link?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:14 pm

Not sure when it was listed because I haven’t looked in a week or two but the hotel is now on the Hyatt website. Reservations “coming soon”.

Opening September 2019.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ne...auckland/aklph

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.