Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Herald Square (NYC) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Herald Square (NYC) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ang2383
Can't really tell from this thread, but it looks like there is no cap for diamond breakfast here (although it does look like some scams have happened). Can anyone with a recent stay please confirm?

Also, any rooms to stay away from? I have an upcoming stay. Thanks.
I spent a night here this August. Yes there is no cap for diamond breakfast. Most of the rooms are tiny so you don't have many choice. The ventilation produces a noticing noise at night.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by ang2383
Can't really tell from this thread, but it looks like there is no cap for diamond breakfast here (although it does look like some scams have happened). Can anyone with a recent stay please confirm?

Also, any rooms to stay away from? I have an upcoming stay. Thanks.
Two stays, August and October. No mention on cap of breakfast price for me, though I don't think I ever hit $19 in ten breakfasts/eighteen nights.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 12:15 pm

Thanks for the responses! Much appreciated.
Old May 26, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Just thought I'd post a data point here, regarding rates at this Hyatt. Have been looking for 3 nights in NYC as a Hyatt Globalist/ Diamond, for the last 3 weeks. This hotel has consistently been at $239. Suddenly today for a 3 nights stay (check in tonight) it's $129 a night! Amazing price. We are keeping our Hyatt Centric Times Square reservation with DSU suite for $179 that we got recently.
Anyway, thought it'd be helpful for people to see how low this one goes 😁
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:21 pm

At this property tonight for $116 + tax. Upgraded to a suite on check-in as a globalist ^
Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by mster
At this property tonight for $116 + tax. Upgraded to a suite on check-in as a globalist ^
Consider yourself lucky. In about 40 nights this year, none for me at this property.

They know me and treat me well though.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I'd totally return

I'm whatever status Platinum used to be and this property treated me well. There was a note, 2 bottles of water and a chocolate bar waiting in the room.

While small, I appreciated the detail and layout. Lots of nooks to put stuff. The high ceiling and faux hardwood floor were things I also liked. Good size bathroom. I worked from the couch with the swivel table rather than the tiny desk.

The espresso bar sometimes used as a front desk, while other times the desk being in the back was sort of confusing, but they did make a great cappuccino when you could find someone to go up to that desk.

As others have said, easy walk to Penn Station/MSG and of course Herald Square/34th street subway.
Old May 5, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Any recent reviews of this hotel as a Globalist? Seeing decent prices for some upcoming weekends.
So a few questions come to mind based on this hotel having almost no recent reviews from Globalists either here or on Trip Advisor....
1) Does the breakfast amenity cover an entire breakfast incl. tax and tips?
2) What is a Globalist Suite Upgrade at this hotel these days?
3) How is the Globalist amenity?
Thanks for any recent details!
Old May 5, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by kyushuman
1. Occasionally I have been charged a small amount for tip, I’m not sure what the threshold is but it’s always been a small amount not worth asking about.
2. There is only one suite at this hotel, in around twenty+ stays I have only seen it once. It is very nice but they don’t participate in the tier suite upgrade program.
3. No formal amenity but I typically have a small box of cookies, pretzels, or something else waiting in the room for me. I’m not sure if this is because the be stated here relatively often or because of globalist status.
Old May 5, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Any recent reviews of this hotel as a Globalist? Seeing decent prices for some upcoming weekends.
So a few questions come to mind based on this hotel having almost no recent reviews from Globalists either here or on Trip Advisor....
Just checked out from here on Wednesday. Breakfast was the standard entree and coffee and nothing was charged to my room for 2 adults. The rooms here are tiny so be prepared for that. I normally stay at the Andaz 5th Ave and the standard rooms there feel much bigger. I was in town for business so it wasn’t a big deal but if you are staying with family, this would be extremely tight. Only things we received were the bottles of water in the room fridge which was fun to try to find in the latest room we had. Typically the cheapest Hyatt in the city when I need to go and it is fine for short trips when you will not be in the room much.
Old May 5, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Last week when I stayed, the server at breakfast said, "Have anything and everything you want. I'll bring you a bill to sign, but everything will be included in the free breakfast including a 15% tip."

I had the one "big suite" upgrade a months ago. It was pretty awesome.

Good hotel, nice people. A definite like.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Remember, Andaz 5th does not have 2 queens (only 2 singles). So if you have a family of 4, this is way better than the Andaz 5th. And no up sell here to larger room. Andaz 5th felt like a vacation time share sale when I was there last year. Maybe it had change but that I don't know as I crossed it off my list.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Got a normal base room. Not somewhere I want to be more than tonight.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Great breakfast but a bit slow. One of the better points of this property. The Den can definitely fill up.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:16 pm

Just thought I'd post a data point here, regarding rates at this Hyatt. Have been looking for 3 nights in NYC as a Hyatt Globalist/ Diamond, for the last 3 weeks. This hotel has consistently been at $239. Suddenly today for a 3 nights stay (check in tonight) it's $129 a night! Amazing price. We are keeping our Hyatt Centric Times Square reservation with DSU suite for $179 that we got recently.
Anyway, thought it'd be helpful for people to see how low this one goes 😁
This is great advice for NYC. I've repeatedly noticed the same - rates plummet at these hotels at the last minute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.