Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Fall Promotion 2014 - Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Points - stay 9/1-11/30/14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Were you targetted?
Diamond - Tragetted
28.51%
Diamond - Not Targetted
42.57%
Platinum - Targetted
8.15%
Platinum - Not Targetted
14.66%
Gold - Targetted
2.85%
Gold - Not Targetted
3.26%
Voters: 491. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Ashasan2005
Please post your targeted offer with link:
- 5000 points after 5 nights, 10000 points after 10 nights, 15000 points after 15 nights, 20000 points after 20 nights for a total of 50k points
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/50KSTAY20.html
- 5000 points after one stay, 5k maximum
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/5KSTAY1.html
-2000 points after one stay, 2k maximum
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/2KSTAY1.html
-2000 points after one stay, 4k maximum
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/partnerlandingpage/en/2KSTAY2/.html
- 10000 points after 3 stays, 10k maximum
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/10KSTAY3.html
- 2000 points after one stay, 6k maximum
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/2KSTAY3.html
- 8000 points after 2 stays, 8k maximum
http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/8KSTAY2.html
Print Wikipost

Fall Promotion 2014 - Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Points - stay 9/1-11/30/14

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Diamond, and was targeted
16 stays, 49 nights YTD
3 future stays booked at this point
Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Not targeted and not eligible to register for the promo.

I've already cancelled two Hyatt reservations since others have reported the details on this promo. I plan to cancel a third one and am considering doing the same for another one. That would leave me with one active reservation that was booked long ago using a Diamond suite upgrade.

I'm currently at about 15 stays and will requalify (if I do) on stays rather than nights.

Normally I don't make most of my hotel reservations very far in advance, but I do have several trips per year for which this works. So if part of the criteria is having already made a bunch of advance reservations during the promo period, I will lose every time.

OTOH, I wonder why Hyatt is so eager to offer extra points to people for stays that are already booked. This is a windfall for them but provides no incentive to make additional Hyatt stays unless it's to hit one of the divisible by five thresholds. This consideration does not affect a number of people who have posted here that they got the promo, for example with exactly 10 nights booked and those ten exactly needed for requalification.

IIRC I registered for the similar winter/spring (early 2014) promo but didn't get much because I wan't able to add a bunch of Hyatt stays at the point.

One wonders whether a criterion for this one was how the previous similar promo(s) apparently affected behavior. Either Hyatt is giving it to people who were incentivized as desired (but no loss to offer it to those who weren't?) or is withholding it from those who got too many point this way.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
One wonders whether a criterion for this one was how the previous similar promo(s) apparently affected behavior. Either Hyatt is giving it to people who were incentivized as desired (but no loss to offer it to those who weren't?) or is withholding it from those who got too many point this way.
This could be it. I know I didn't have a Hyatt stay for at least a month or two before the last promotion and then maxed out that promotion.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:03 am

My husband who is a Diamond was not targeted for this offer.
13 stays, 19 nights YTD
2 future stays booked

I also checked my account with no status and i got targeted for the one stay, 5000 pts.
0 stays, 0 Nights YTD
0 future stays booked
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Ritz Carlton Plat, Hyatt Diamond, DL Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I'd certainly like some extra points, but it seems silly to leave just because you aren't targeted for an offer. Those of you leaving, what happens when the chain you move to doesn't target you for their next program?
FWIW, most Marriott and SPG promos are not targeted.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by ruahamore
Anyone had luck calling Diamond line and asking to be manually added? I'm not sure if Hyatt's customer service is that good.
Spoke with Guest Relations yesterday.
Both, agent and supervisor did not know anything about it and could not access the page.

Not targeted
14/48
Booked for the fall 4/24

The message is that: We can no longer count on a Spring and Fall Promotion to be offered to anyone.
This is a big disappointment.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Diamond trial - targeted. 2 stays prev booked (1 aug, 1 sept)

8k points after two stays. Bummed I didn't get the 50k deal
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:43 am

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 11:44 pm
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Was not targeted, though I'm not going down the path of "I'm now mad and going to stay with (insert hotel here)".

I'd certainly like some extra points, but it seems silly to leave just because you aren't targeted for an offer. Those of you leaving, what happens when the chain you move to doesn't target you for their next program?
I left Hilton because the hotel by my client didn't participate in this season's bonus, the Hyatt is 45 mins from my client (vs 10 for the Hilton), if both are going to exclude me from their offers then the hotel that's closest to my client is going to win out. I can, without equivocation, say that this has changed my stay pattern away from Hyatt, which again, is an awful shame, because I greatly prefer the actual Hyatt vs. the Hilton.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by SPBanker
I just received the promo email, some 14 hours after the first post in this thread. So maybe some patience is needed?
Same here. I am quite surprised to be targetted actually as I have been excluded for every targetted promo across all three of my programmes so far this year.

I have 5 stays totalling 14 nights booked for the period.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, IC Plat AMB
Targeted Diamond
Already requalified for next year, 27 stays, 55 nights
7 stays and 23 nights already booked during the promo.

First targeted promo I have ever received from Hyatt.

I maxed out the last 2 of these promos, glad to get an easy 50K bonus.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
For those not targeted, please call or email and request to be offered the promotion. They need to see that we all talk and share our experiences and all frequent Hyatt customers should be given the same opportunities to give them more business.

[Paging Jeff Z!]
Old Aug 19, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Platinum here. I was targeted for 3 nights and 10,000 points. Wife wasn't targeted...at least not yet. I registered then I copied the link from the email and pasted in the browser. I then replaced my number with her number and it went ahead and registered her for the promo. Not sure if it will work since there is no way to check if you are registered for a promo like the IHG or Marriott site. May or may not work.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by dmodemd
For those not targeted, please call or email and request to be offered the promotion. They need to see that we all talk and share our experiences and all frequent Hyatt customers should be given the same opportunities to give them more business.

[Paging Jeff Z!]
Yes, let's all call and "request to be offered the promotion".

When a promotion which was offered every year in the fall is now offered to a select few, we should try to find out if Hyatt intends to offer the spring promotion to a select few as well.

The spring promotion is now the only one that was offered this year to everyone.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Diamond Targeted
14 Stays and 43 nights YTD
7 stays and 15 nights booked for the rest of the year
Maxed out the spring promo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.