Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 11:54 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
I was coming from JFK and the flat rate was cheaper than whatever Uber quoted (OTOH when we checked out and headed to JFK we hired an UberX and surprisingly scored a Lincoln navigator!).

To keep us on topic, re apathetic doormen in general - we saw a gentleman checking out from the hotel frantically scouting along the curb for a taxi to take him to EWR together with his bags - there was no one to help him at all
Old May 14, 2019, 1:13 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
I was coming from JFK and the flat rate was cheaper than whatever Uber quoted (OTOH when we checked out and headed to JFK we hired an UberX and surprisingly scored a Lincoln navigator!).

To keep us on topic, re apathetic doormen in general - we saw a gentleman checking out from the hotel frantically scouting along the curb for a taxi to take him to EWR together with his bags - there was no one to help him at all
PHNY is hopelessly understaffed, so absent doormen should be expected from time to time.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
I have another stay here coming up in a few weeks. I don't care that much about upgrades on short trips to NYC, as I spend zero extra time in the room, but which rooms are (supposed to be) the standard upgrades for Globalists here — the "1 King Bed with City View" or the "1 King Bed Studio Suite"? I remember there were some games being played at PHNY with rooms being renamed/re-classified, but I don't recall if that was before or after my last stay last year (on which I'm quite sure I wasn't upgraded, and might have even been downgraded, even though the place was a ghost town). Thanks.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Park Hyatt as an Explorist

Park Hyatt New York

Anyone with recent experiences, the good and the bad?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by joe_miami
I have another stay here coming up in a few weeks. I don't care that much about upgrades on short trips to NYC, as I spend zero extra time in the room, but which rooms are (supposed to be) the standard upgrades for Globalists here — the "1 King Bed with City View" or the "1 King Bed Studio Suite"? I remember there were some games being played at PHNY with rooms being renamed/re-classified, but I don't recall if that was before or after my last stay last year (on which I'm quite sure I wasn't upgraded, and might have even been downgraded, even though the place was a ghost town). Thanks.
I don't recall the official room type name, but the last few times I've stayed at PHNY I was told the standard "upgrade" for Globs is to the 11th floor rooms with the greenhouse/canopied windows. Based on the 3D model on the website, they appear most similar to the studio suite, although the last time I stayed in one there was no partition between the bed and window. These can be quite spacious though depending on the layout (the ones at the end have a different orientation).

I'm not a fan of these rooms as they got a lot of noise from the street and the window shades aren't fully blackout.
joe_miami likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I remember there were some games being played at PHNY with rooms being renamed/re-classified, but I don't recall if that was before or after my last stay last year
This property has been playing room type games since Day 1. They have never offered a true suite for DSU/TSU upgrades.
joe_miami likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:48 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the reply, @gengar.

Originally Posted by Kacee
This property has been playing room type games since Day 1. They have never offered a true suite for DSU/TSU upgrades.
Thanks. My first PHNY stay wasn't until a couple years after it opened. I know they did a new round of room rename/re-classification, which I'm sure is discussed in this thread, but I don't remember if that was one summer or two summers ago.

I didn't consider using an upgrade on this stay, so this would be a pure "if available" (and if they feel like it) upgrade.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I know they did a new round of room rename/re-classification, which I'm sure is discussed in this thread, but I don't remember if that was one summer or two summers ago.
Yes that sounds right. The DSU suite was originally called a "Junior Suite," all located on lowest floors (8, 9, or 10) facing 57th Street. I believe that's now called the "1 King Bed Suite." It was a nice enough room, though not a true suite, and dark with lots of traffic noise.
joe_miami likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mhdena
Park Hyatt New York

Anyone with recent experiences, the good and the bad?
Haven't stayed there recently (staying there again soon), but I follow the thread linked above. Long story short, beautiful property in a great location, but it's best to go in with low expectations re: upgrades, even as a Globalist.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:44 pm

As an Explorist, I never expected anything beyond the room I paid for and a 2 pm checkout. That would certainly be the scope of my expectations at PHNYC.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:36 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
April 2019 - upgraded from 1 BR suite to 1 BR City View (West Side) suite as Explorist
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Book what you can live with at PH New York, even. as a Globalist.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:54 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Aventine
Book what you can live with at PH New York, even. as a Globalist.
Golden rule of travel: Book the room you want to stay in using cash or an upgrade instrument (and hope for the best complimentary upgrade).
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:08 am

I’ve either gotten a studio suite or 1 bedroom suite. Proactively. Never had to ask. No use of upgrade. No noise issues, either.

The 1 bedrooms are especially gorgeous - esp the bathrooms.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I've also stayed here ~10 times and have only been in a regular room once. Rarely use TSUs and it always seems to work out. Sometimes need to give the front desk a nudge but not always.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.