Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: FB gold, Marriott gold, Accor silver, Hyatt discoverist
Reading mixed reviews about this property. Would any of you recommend buying around 20000 points for around $400 to stay here on a night when the cash rate is $1100? No Hyatt status. Interested in your thoughts!
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:38 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by amstotheworld
Reading mixed reviews about this property. Would any of you recommend buying around 20000 points for around $400 to stay here on a night when the cash rate is $1100? No Hyatt status. Interested in your thoughts!
Depends on how much time you plan to be at the hotel. PHNY is great as a place to hole up, enjoy the pool, have a few drinks in the bar, etc., but I wouldn’t spend $400/night just to sleep and take a shower.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
On the NYC relative value scale, it's worth $400 a night. It's not worth $1100/night (nor $700 IMO).
platbrownguy, reigndrop and svo242 like this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Kacee
On the NYC relative value scale, it's worth $400 a night. It's not worth $1100/night (nor $700 IMO).
Yea, this is about right.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
I assume you already have 10000 points because this hotel requires 30000 points for a free night.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: Delta GM, Delta Amex Plat,
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Depends on how much time you plan to be at the hotel. PHNY is great as a place to hole up, enjoy the pool, have a few drinks in the bar, etc., but I wouldn’t spend $400/night just to sleep and take a shower.
Excellent assessment of this property. Couldn't agree more!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: FB gold, Marriott gold, Accor silver, Hyatt discoverist
Originally Posted by mmgm

I assume you already have 10000 points because this hotel requires 30000 points for a free night.
Indeed.

Thank you all for your thoughts. Despite the high points value, I will also consider other places!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
So looking at FHR rates for March stay in NYC, PH not only has a book 3, pay for 2 special, bringing the room rate under $600/night, they're offering a $250 property credit (as opposed to the usual $100). Given the absence of a true restaurant, not sure how one would spend that (beyond running up a massive bar tab).

Not really tempted.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

So looking at FHR rates for March stay in NYC, PH not only has a book 3, pay for 2 special, bringing the room rate under $600/night, they're offering a $250 property credit (as opposed to the usual $100). Given the absence of a true restaurant, not sure how one would spend that (beyond running up a massive bar tab).

Not really tempted.
Spa eligible? Or it's just for F&B?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Spa eligible? Or it's just for F&B?
Property credit, so that would include spa. They have one?

I booked MO for $530 (Hudson River view) via Virtuoso. You'd have to be pretty Hyatt dedicated to pay more for a base room at PH.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Property credit, so that would include spa. They have one?

I booked MO for $530 (Hudson River view) via Virtuoso. You'd have to be pretty Hyatt dedicated to pay more for a base room at PH.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/spas/Nalai-Spa/home.html

I would take MO at that price.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just used my cat 1-7 cert to book a night here in May (rate was $995 + taxes & fees). It worked out because (1) I really wasn't sure where I was going to use that cert before it expired in June, and (2) I'm only in NY for 1 night (red-eye in Fri night - Sat morning; leaving Sun evening) so this is a perfect opportunity to try it for a night without having to pay for more nights, or switch hotels mid-stay

Finally I'll get to see first-hand what everyone is complaining about...
platbrownguy and Biggie Fries like this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I just used my cat 1-7 cert to book a night here in May (rate was $995 + taxes & fees). It worked out because (1) I really wasn't sure where I was going to use that cert before it expired in June, and (2) I'm only in NY for 1 night (red-eye in Fri night - Sat morning; leaving Sun evening) so this is a perfect opportunity to try it for a night without having to pay for more nights, or switch hotels mid-stay

Let us hope that you will not experience our disappointment, LOL
Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VegasGambler

Hopefully, they will have improved but seems rather unlikely.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I have a two night stay here this week so will update the thread with my experience.

While nothing has been wow quality at this hotel, I have always found it very comfortable and clean and that’s all I really look for in a Manhattan hotel. The location is also very good for business meetings and meals that always happen in the 50s

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.