Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by footastic
Odd,

i have 2 rooms on a upcoming stay. Just was reviewing them and one is listed as a king the other is a LP GUESTROOM. I never have seen that classificafion previously here ? No TSU requested. Both booked at same time at same rate. Anyone have a clue what the heck a LP GUESTROOM is?
LP = "loyalty program." I assume you paid w/points for that room?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 6:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
LP = "loyalty program." I assume you paid w/points for that room?
both rooms booked via PL agent - Corp rate
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:27 pm

I just stayed there with my teen on a 3 night award stay.
As a Globalist, I was upgraded to a city view 1 bedroom suite. That was great. Very spacious living room with 1/2 bath and a bedroom with huge bathroom. Room was on a corner that had a sliver view of the park and an big view to the west down 58th St.
We did ask for a rollaway which they charged $75/night. I thought that was something they could waive for a Globalist on an award stay but they agreed to take off 1 of the 3 nights.
Good housekeeping. Nice touches like folding clothes we had left out and nicely wrapping up phone cords and that sort of thing.
Breakfast is a $100 allowance and you don't need to eat or drink much to exceed that.
As others have said, it is $13 for juice and $11 for coffee.
I had smoked salmon and bagel, juice and coffee and the other order was juice, bacon and french toast, It was about $125 with an 18% gratuity included.
I did find the breakfast service a bit slow. We had room service late night 2 of the nights and it was pretty prompt. The food was fine.
Overall I was pleased with the value of the redemption given the rate they were selling and the great upgrade.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by chuck1
As a Globalist, I was upgraded to a city view 1 bedroom suite. That was great. Very spacious living room with 1/2 bath and a bedroom with huge bathroom. Room was on a corner that had a sliver view of the park and an big view to the west down 58th St.
We did ask for a rollaway which they charged $75/night. I thought that was something they could waive for a Globalist on an award stay but they agreed to take off 1 of the 3 nights.
Good housekeeping. Nice touches like folding clothes we had left out and nicely wrapping up phone cords and that sort of thing.
Breakfast is a $100 allowance and you don't need to eat or drink much to exceed that.
As others have said, it is $13 for juice and $11 for coffee.
I had smoked salmon and bagel, juice and coffee and the other order was juice, bacon and french toast, It was about $125 with an 18% gratuity included.
I did find the breakfast service a bit slow. We had room service late night 2 of the nights and it was pretty prompt. The food was fine.
Overall I was pleased with the value of the redemption given the rate they were selling and the great upgrade.
Wow $75 for a rollaway is quite steep! I've only asked a few times, but as Globalist never been charged for a rollaway at any Hyatt (and never asked at PHNY).
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Wow $75 for a rollaway is quite steep! I've only asked a few times, but as Globalist never been charged for a rollaway at any Hyatt (and never asked at PHNY).
roll away has nothing to do with globalist. If you weren't charged it's because the hotel doesn't charge, not because you were a globalist
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by bknets88
roll away has nothing to do with globalist. If you weren't charged it's because the hotel doesn't charge, not because you were a globalist
Before I was a globalist, I was charged every single time for a rollaway (5/5 properties, I think).
Since I've become a globalist, I have been charged 0 out of 4times for a rollaway (at Hyatts that advertise a 25$ a night charge or so). Anecdotal? Yes, but put together anecdotes and you have data. It isn't a published benefit, but it seems properties don't typically charge Globalists the stated fee. It doesn't surprise me that NY PH would still charge. I love the hardware of the hotel and for the most part the service (when I was there); enjoyed cocktails when I was there as well (which were a little expensive, but not unreasonably so like that rollaway charge or the breakfast menu). But these kind of prickly things are a drawback.

At least it seems from this data point that the breakfast is given -a little- breathing room now.
lighthouse206 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:26 pm

Are you a Globalist? Comps outside of what is guaranteed are common (parking, beverages, rollaways, you name it...) it doesnt happen all the time but it does happen enough to be more than coincidental.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic

Are you a Globalist? Comps outside of what is guaranteed are common (parking, beverages, rollaways, you name it...) it doesn’t happen all the time but it does happen enough to be more than coincidental.
yes I am a globalist. Most hotels have a hard time giving required benefits so they are not really in the business of giving out extra benefits. I never heard of a hotel waiving a roll away fee just for being a globalist they either charge or they don't of course there can be rare exceptions

Last edited by bknets88; Oct 9, 2018 at 5:22 pm Reason: Typo
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Some Asian Hyatts hotels include it if you pay for the 3rd person in the room fee.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:29 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chuck1
...I had smoked salmon and bagel, juice and coffee and the other order was juice, bacon and french toast, It was about $125 with an 18% gratuity included.
The grocery store across the street sells bagels, cream cheese, and lox. It's open 24/7. Bagels, nice ones, are 69 cents each.

I do like this hotel, which is now my regular in NYC, but the breakfast prices are really ridiculous.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
I had a stay here last month and really liked the property. It was my first stay since qualifying as globalist, and most of what's been posted is still accurate, so I won't rehash everything.

Breakfast is a $50 credit per adult and a $25 credit per child, with a max of 2 adults/2 children. As stated, the credit can be used in the restaurant or room service and you have to watch the number of drinks you order, but in general, it's plenty for a nice breakfast. We went slightly over ($10-30) both days and the extra did not show up on our final folio for either day so YMMV.

With respect to upgrades, all room types (except the base suite) were available online when we checked in, and after some initial posturing regarding availability, the agent mentioned an upgrade to a studio suite. I inquired about a further upgrade to one of the true suites and was getting nowhere until I offered to pay. So I ended up paying $300/night extra for a city-view suite. I was a little disappointed to have to pay extra for what some Globalists reported receiving for free, but the suite was great and I'd pay the $300/night extra for it again.

The hotel's hard product was excellent, and while the service wasn't as polished as the St. Regis, Ritz or Chatwal where I usually stay, it wasn't bad either.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by spgplat21

The hotel's hard product was excellent, and while the service wasn't as polished as the St. Regis, Ritz or Chatwal where I usually stay, it wasn't bad either.
Glad you enjoyed your stay. The PHNY is, indeed, an incredible property. It's really too bad the service/attitude doesn't match. (Giving Globalists the hard sell like that is really lame.)
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a stay here last month and really liked the property. It was my first stay since qualifying as globalist, and most of what's been posted is still accurate, so I won't rehash everything.

Breakfast is a $50 credit per adult and a $25 credit per child, with a max of 2 adults/2 children. As stated, the credit can be used in the restaurant or room service and you have to watch the number of drinks you order, but in general, it's plenty for a nice breakfast. We went slightly over ($10-30) both days and the extra did not show up on our final folio for either day so YMMV.

With respect to upgrades, all room types (except the base suite) were available online when we checked in, and after some initial posturing regarding availability, the agent mentioned an upgrade to a studio suite. I inquired about a further upgrade to one of the true suites and was getting nowhere until I offered to pay. So I ended up paying $300/night extra for a city-view suite. I was a little disappointed to have to pay extra for what some Globalists reported receiving for free, but the suite was great and I'd pay the $300/night extra for it again.

300/night is a bit much. I wouldn't pay that much but appreciate that some people would for the view, space, etc. The service at PH NY isn't anywhere near the Chatwal or StR.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by Aventine
300/night is a bit much. I wouldn't pay that much but appreciate that some people would for the view, space, etc. The service at PH NY isn't anywhere near the Chatwal or StR.
I would agreed with that assessment. We also saw a regular room, and for one or two adults I think it's all most people would need. It was large by NY standards, and had a great layout. We were traveling with our children, and so there was certainly some added value in having a true suite configuration. For a family or a splurge I don't think anyone would be disappointed with the city view suite for that upgrade charge, but the standard rooms are still really nice.

With regards to the service, I think the one thing that stuck out the most to us was thinking back to how the staff at the St. Regis and Ritz treated our children on prior stays. Both properties offered some coloring books and other kid items at check-in. They also sent up a stuffed animal and some other treats periodically during our stay and at turndown. In general, they just seemed to go out of their way to make our children feel welcome and included and always asked how they were enjoying the hotel. At the Park Hyatt, no one was ever rude and we never felt unwelcome, but they generally just ignored the children. Not the end of the world; it was just something we both noticed and it speaks to the general service level.

I think it's fair to say we loved this property as an award redemption when rates were sky high throughout the city and award nights at other properties were hard to come by, but I'm not sure we would choose the property over the other comparable options at their usual cash prices.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would agreed with that assessment. We also saw a regular room, and for one or two adults I think it's all most people would need. It was large by NY standards, and had a great layout. We were traveling with our children, and so there was certainly some added value in having a true suite configuration. For a family or a splurge I don't think anyone would be disappointed with the city view suite for that upgrade charge, but the standard rooms are still really nice.

With regards to the service, I think the one thing that stuck out the most to us was thinking back to how the staff at the St. Regis and Ritz treated our children on prior stays. Both properties offered some coloring books and other kid items at check-in. They also sent up a stuffed animal and some other treats periodically during our stay and at turndown. In general, they just seemed to go out of their way to make our children feel welcome and included and always asked how they were enjoying the hotel. At the Park Hyatt, no one was ever rude and we never felt unwelcome, but they generally just ignored the children. Not the end of the world; it was just something we both noticed and it speaks to the general service level.

I think it's fair to say we loved this property as an award redemption when rates were sky high throughout the city and award nights at other properties were hard to come by, but I'm not sure we would choose the property over the other comparable options at their usual cash prices.
I'm with you on redemption value once you can put aside the potential breakfast overage charges and subpar service. For kids, FS Downtown treats them quite well too. I'm not surprised PH kind of ignores them. They're that way to the adults so...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.