Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by caliform
Thank you. I wasn't really interested in hearing whether or not they're both terrible or how much they've both slid from their past glory, but rather a value judgement. Will monitor prices at it seems they take a nose-dive about a week out — I can always rebook it at ~300/night for the Andaz or ~500 for the PHNY.
~300 a night for the Andaz and ~500 for the PHNY would be closer to fair value incorporating the NYC premium. The PHNY is definitely a nicer hotel. If I was there on business and only using the place to sleep, I'd take the Andaz at those rates, as their breakfast blows the PHNY one out of the water (at least it did when it was located next to the lobby), but if you're on holiday with someone special the PHNY is sexier and nicer overall.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 6:34 pm

Something seems off. I can book a one night stay using points at either a 500-625 sq ft 1 king bed room OR a 825 sq ft 2 double beds ADA room. I'm going with my wife for a single night. Obviously having a bigger bed is nice, but having a much larger room seems nice as well. Are there are any downsides to booking the ADA room?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:18 pm

Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by thenumblehigwoo
Are there are any downsides to booking the ADA room?
Got one as a "free upgrade", which I suppose it really was. The bath had kind of a goofy roll-in shower. Maybe some other things about the bath as well were different. I would rather have had a non-ADA, but not the stark room contrast I've seen elsewhere,
Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by thenumblehigwoo
Something seems off. I can book a one night stay using points at either a 500-625 sq ft 1 king bed room OR a 825 sq ft 2 double beds ADA room. I'm going with my wife for a single night. Obviously having a bigger bed is nice, but having a much larger room seems nice as well. Are there are any downsides to booking the ADA room?
Everything will be off in the bathroom . . . the toilet will be high, the sinks will be low, there will be a wide roll-in door to the shower, and there will be handles everywhere.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:29 pm

Hmm makes sense I guess. Probably going to book the regular room then. It’s be different if going with the kiddos but not this time! Thanks for the input.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 3:08 pm

I'm looking to stay for 5-6 nights at the end of October. My options are to land at JFK at 11 PM or 7 AM the following morning. Given the cost of this hotel, I would like to avoid paying for an extra night if I won't arrive at the hotel until after midnight. I have only Discoverist status with Hyatt. Is it likely the PH will grant me early check in around 8-9 AM on a Thursday morning? Do I need to book first before inquiring about this? I can't imagine late October is high season.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
October is a very busy season in NY. Lots of business, UN in session, etc.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:29 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I'm looking to stay for 5-6 nights at the end of October. My options are to land at JFK at 11 PM or 7 AM the following morning. Given the cost of this hotel, I would like to avoid paying for an extra night if I won't arrive at the hotel until after midnight. I have only Discoverist status with Hyatt. Is it likely the PH will grant me early check in around 8-9 AM on a Thursday morning? Do I need to book first before inquiring about this? I can't imagine late October is high season.
Are you trying to pay a normal every day rate or something more opaque / corporate / value?
A full rate guest probably could get the request honored on a 5 night stay
Down the street The Peninsula Hotel does it all the time
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by ABG
Are you trying to pay a normal every day rate or something more opaque / corporate / value?
A full rate guest probably could get the request honored on a 5 night stay
Down the street The Peninsula Hotel does it all the time
Actually, just a reward stay.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:01 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA

Actually, just a reward stay.
I'd say your odds are limited at a 9am check-in. October is def a busy period
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Fall is big business in NYC. They would definitely let you leave your bags and use the spa but checking in that early without paying for the prior night seems unlikely.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Well, we have now solved the mystery of why PHNYC is an upgrade scrooge.

Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by solewalker
Well, we have now solved the mystery of why PHNYC is an upgrade scrooge.

Interesting. Something has had to be up with them considering that they have a high percentage of suites but so few of us have gotten much of any complementary upgrade.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by MarkOK
Interesting. Something has had to be up with them considering that they have a high percentage of suites but so few of us have gotten much of any complementary upgrade.
Stayed here twice in the last year, both times proactively upgraded. Most recently upgraded to a *gorgeous* 1 bedroom suite for 3 nights. Really don't get the "Globalist Grumblings" about this hotel - have had such wonderful stays there....
PortlySpartacus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.