Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by speedytimmy
I am not objecting. I am adding actual factual experiences.

If you have stayed here, I assume you have already added your upgrade experiences upthread.

I personally have no problem with upgrades/elite treatment at this property and am very much looking forward to my next stay.

If you want to add value to this thread, please add facts - otherwise don't post.
LOL. If you want to add value to the discussion, then refute something I said, not something you imagined I said.

If there are a bunch of U.S. Hyatts with a reputation for being a lot stingier toward elites than the PHNY, people should list them.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
FWIW, I've stayed here almost ten times over the years, as both a Diamond member (at the time) and as a Globalist Guest of Honor, always on points, and have not been upgraded to a Suite just one of those times. The rest have been in either Studio Suites or the 1-bedroom suites (non-city view level). It's a mix of getting lucky, occasionally asking in advance, and asking at check-in if not proactively offered.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by callmedtop
FWIW, I've stayed here almost ten times over the years, as both a Diamond member (at the time) and as a Globalist Guest of Honor, always on points, and have not been upgraded to a Suite just one of those times. The rest have been in either Studio Suites or the 1-bedroom suites (non-city view level). It's a mix of getting lucky, occasionally asking in advance, and asking at check-in if not proactively offered.
That's great to hear, but how many of the times were you simply upgraded without asking? A Globalist shouldn't have to ask, hat in hand, for benefits that are supposedly part of the Globalist package — and this is doubly true for a Globalist checking into a $550/night (minimum) company-owned hotel.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
I am staying here right now in the middle of a 5 night stay using one of my TSU's. I don't now how the room I was given could be considered a suite.. it is a room with two double beds with a sofa and desk at the end. After arriving in the room, I called down to the desk as I was sure they must have given me the wrong room. They said it was the right one and I had been upgraded. I said that it wasn't an upgrade as I had burned one of my TSU's on the reservation. She then said well it is a suite.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:25 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by BSpatula31
I booked our trip using Hyatt points and only have a Discoverist status with Hyatt.
I guess my question is if I reach out to them beforehand and let them know it is our anniversary and we are celebrating a special occasion, and ask for this type of room specifically, are they more likely to upgrade us, say the standard depends on availability, or not upgrade us at all ...
My best guess: they'll try to up-sell you, offering you a better room if you pay an upcharge.

Everyone's entitled to guess.

Please post here after your stay to let us know how it went!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by joe_miami
If there are a bunch of U.S. Hyatts with a reputation for being a lot stingier toward elites than the PHNY, people should list them.
Andaz Maui
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by joey965
I am staying here right now in the middle of a 5 night stay using one of my TSU's. I don't now how the room I was given could be considered a suite.. it is a room with two double beds with a sofa and desk at the end. After arriving in the room, I called down to the desk as I was sure they must have given me the wrong room. They said it was the right one and I had been upgraded. I said that it wasn't an upgrade as I had burned one of my TSU's on the reservation. She then said well it is a suite
Welcome to PHNY. That room also comes with a lovely view of the traffic on 57th Street from the 9th floor or lower.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
First stay at PHNY received upgrade to West Side Suite. Since then, ~3 1-2 night stays on free nights (points or certificates) have led to worse and worse rooms to the point that I only got a base room last time. Hotel hasn't ever shown fully booked. Still a nice hotel, but unfortunate with the downgrades.

This echoes my experience at Andaz Maui where I started with a full ocean view suite and since then have received worse and worse rooms despite staying on paid rates. Still a nice hotel, but disappointing when each stay gets worse and worse.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:51 am

I got ahold of their Guest Relations Manager. Her exact email says:
"We are thrilled to know about your arrival and the special occasion you will be celebrating when visiting with us. Thank you for your email and happy to ensure that we will welcome you in an upgraded room."

"Please do let me know if I can be of any further assistance."

Will report back once we go next month lol
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:25 pm

really do love this hotel - a star in the chain, even more now that TSU eligible on full points
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:19 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joe_miami

...If there are a lot of U.S. Hyatts with worse reputations when it comes to upgrades/elite treatment, I'd like to see the list.
My worst Hyatt experience in this regard has been the three times I stayed at the GH Washington DC. I've only been treated poorly here three times but that's because after three times, I stopped staying here.
Old May 13, 2018, 10:42 pm

Michael Avenatti stayed here last week, as shown in large chunks of tonight’s The Circus on Showtime.

He also flew into Newark, presumably from his home in LA.
Guess he likes the UA flat bed or his UA status.
Old May 13, 2018, 11:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Colin
Michael Avenatti stayed here last week, as shown in large chunks of tonight’s The Circus on Showtime.
If PHNY charges an extra $100/stay for dogs, one wonders what they charged for this guy.

Jokes aside, this guy is (or very recently was) in bankruptcy and apparently owes back taxes. Must be nice to still be finagling $600/night (minimum) hotel stays.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Anyone know if the valet parking free for Globalist on an all points stay?
Old May 21, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Anyone know if the valet parking free for Globalist on an all points stay?
yes it is

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.