Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 2:14 pm

we really enjoyed our free full breakfasts daily of eggs, bacon, pancakes, pastries, tea, and coffee daily - this complaint is nonsense
Old Apr 6, 2018, 2:27 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Colin
we really enjoyed our free full breakfasts daily of eggs, bacon, pancakes, pastries, tea, and coffee daily - this complaint is nonsense
Pancakes and tea are not included in the Globalist benefit (a.k.a. The Single Cheapest Item On The Menu). The hotel would charge a Globalist $18 extra for the pancakes and $10 extra for the tea, plus tax and tip, thus epitomizing the very concept of "chintzy".
Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:01 pm

what the hell are you talking about? pancakes are $21, which leaves 20 bucks for a side and drink, plus the entire 57th St Breakfast.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 5:41 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

what the hell are you talking about? pancakes are $21, which leaves 20 bucks for a side and drink, plus the entire 57th St Breakfast.
I don't get your response. It sounds like for two people you ordered one 57th st breakfast, one order of pancakes, and one extra tea. If so, that illustrates the point that others have been making, that is not really two full breakfasts.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 5:59 pm

how is ordering two 57th St breakfasts not two full breakfast?

how is ordering one 57th St breakfast plus pancakes (21), bacon (11), tea (8) not two full breakfasts? that's a ton of food.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

how is ordering two 57th St breakfasts not two full breakfast?

how is ordering one 57th St breakfast plus pancakes (21), bacon (11), tea (8) not two full breakfasts? that's a ton of food.
That's like my own breakfast at other, more generous Hyatts.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Haha ...

$65/night Hyatt Place in Panama City: Full breakfast buffet, with omelette station.

$550/night (if lucky) PHNY: $41 credit wiped out by a couple eggs, two sausage links, bread, and coffee.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:34 pm

Hey all,

My wife and I will get staying at the PHNY May 23-27 for our 5 year wedding anniversary. We have stayed here before a few months after it initially opened and received a complimentary upgrade to a King Studio Suite (I forgot what the room was called back then) which we very much enjoyed.
I booked our trip using Hyatt points and only have a Discoverist status with Hyatt.
I guess my question is if I reach out to them beforehand and let them know it is our anniversary and we are celebrating a special occasion, and ask for this type of room specifically, are they more likely to upgrade us, say the standard depends on availability, or not upgrade us at all since it is a "suite". I don't view it as a "suite", but I read they changed some of the names of the rooms around and now it falls into that category.

Thanks
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:51 pm
Suspended

I like the PHNY but it's arguably the worst Hyatt in the country when it comes to upgrades of any type, which is particularly egregious given that it's company-owned and the chain's flagship hotel. For a four-night stay on points for a person with the lowest status, I would guess the odds of an upgrade are low, but it's still worth an email or phone call.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:03 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by joe_miami
I like the PHNY but it's arguably the worst Hyatt in the country when it comes to upgrades of any type...
I strongly disagree with this when we had one room upgraded with a TSU and the other standard room upgraded to a West Side Suite as well.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by m0hamed
I strongly disagree with this when we had one room upgraded with a TSU ...
I didn't say they didn't allow instruments to be used.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:23 pm

But the post you only selectively quoted also said "... and the other standard room upgraded to a West Side Suite as well."

My last two stays as a Globalist both received upgrades - one to a deluxe room and the other a suite.

This said, for a guest with Discoverist status, I wouldn't expect an upgrade.

Last edited by speedytimmy; Apr 18, 2018 at 7:29 pm
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:32 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The second base room was upgraded to a West Side Suite. That was my point.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:38 pm
Suspended

But the post you only selectively quoted also said "... and the other standard room upgraded to a West Side Suite as well."

My last two stays as a Globalist both received upgrades - one to a deluxe room and the other a suite.

This said, for a guest with Discoverist, I wouldn't expect an upgrade.
I didn't say PHNY literally never gave upgrades, so it's unclear why you're objecting.

This thread is chock full of complaints about PHNY being stingy with upgrades, and the new room-naming format at PHNY was theorized here to have been done so that PHNY could be even stingier.

If there are a lot of U.S. Hyatts with worse reputations when it comes to upgrades/elite treatment, I'd like to see the list.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:47 pm

I didn't say PHNY literally never gave upgrades, so it's unclear why you're objecting.

This thread is chock full of complaints about PHNY being stingy with upgrades, and the new room-naming format at PHNY was theorized here to have been done so that PHNY could be even stingier.

If there are a lot of U.S. Hyatts with worse reputations when it comes to upgrades/elite treatment, I'd like to see the list.
I am not objecting. I am adding actual factual experiences.

If you have stayed here, I assume you have already added your upgrade experiences upthread.

I personally have no problem with upgrades/elite treatment at this property and am very much looking forward to my next stay.

If you want to add value to this thread, please add facts - otherwise don't post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.