Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bagglefork
Initially (a few weeks ago) I was able to get a basic room at the Park Hyatt for 3 nights for $650 per night.
$650 is cheap for this property. Base rate is often in the $9xx range.

As already mentioned, hotel room pricing is dynamic. The same room on the same date may cost $200 today and $400 tomorrow.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold (got kicked out of Plat)
Originally Posted by Kacee
$650 is cheap for this property. Base rate is often in the $9xx range.

As already mentioned, hotel room pricing is dynamic. The same room on the same date may cost $200 today and $400 tomorrow.
i know hotels do dynamic pricing. I just wonder if they have increased their base rates or is it because their inventory is low
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bagglefork
i know hotels do dynamic pricing. I just wonder if they have increased their base rates or is it because their inventory is low
Actually, that question indicates that you do not.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:17 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I recently stayed for 9 days. It did seem that the door service was beginning to slip back into its bad old ways, but that improved towards the end of my stay. Houskeeping, however, has definitely gotten better -- both more sensitive to guest needs and more thorough.

This continues to be my regular hotel in NYC, especially since I totally gave up on another luxury hotel not very far away because I did not like the name on the door!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:52 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

I have a Virtuoso booking come up. Does anyone know if the virtuoso credit can be used for parking?

thanks
fdw
Old Dec 1, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
Gotta be honest, I miss brunch in The Back Room so I could earn OpenTable points during my stays. Breakfast pastries in the assortment seem even smaller than I remember and the charge is criminal but I do agree the mains are very good. We were also offered a drink while waiting for our room to be ready - cocktails were excellent but also $20
Old Dec 3, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
This continues to be my regular hotel in NYC, especially since I totally gave up on another luxury hotel not very far away because I did not like the name on the door!
^ ^ ^
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
When talking to a front desk agent, chances are high that you're talking to a fairly new employee. (Because it's an entry-level job.) A large percentage of customers ask for a late checkout. Only a tiny small few are actually entitled to receive it. The same goes for suites. So, when a front desk agent says "no late checkout" or "no suites available", that response is actually correct, and in line with their training, 97% of the time. Any inconsistencies are Training Issues, rather than "the front desk agent is ignorant and/or simply doesn't like me".
They're not machines...Humans should be able to think outside the box. I've never stayed here, so I can't really comment; but, based on past experiences, it is not really an issue of "ignorance" or "training". Rather, it's more about hiring practices.

Do you really think hotel management did not inform them about World of Hyatt?

Last edited by Finance_underling; Dec 6, 2017 at 11:11 am
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:25 am

Has anyone used the pack-and-unpack service at this property? Staying next week with our 1 year old and this sounds like a service that I may take advantage of.

Last edited by BookerT; Dec 6, 2017 at 11:34 am
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
I recently stayed for 9 days. It did seem that the door service was beginning to slip back into its bad old ways, but that improved towards the end of my stay. Houskeeping, however, has definitely gotten better -- both more sensitive to guest needs and more thorough.

Make Hotels Great Again!
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by maewest
Gotta be honest, I miss brunch in The Back Room so I could earn OpenTable points during my stays. Breakfast pastries in the assortment seem even smaller than I remember and the charge is criminal but I do agree the mains are very good. We were also offered a drink while waiting for our room to be ready - cocktails were excellent but also $20
The table sizes are criminal too.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Recently stayed here on a Chase certificate. Upgraded to 21st floor as Discoverist, standard king room. No late check-out available as hotel was booked the next day.

Overall, very nice. Stayed at the PH Tokyo and the Conrad Tokyo recently, and found the PH Tokyo to be a bit tired.. this hotel was quite updated and sharp by comparison, very similar to the Conrad. Polite staff. Didn't get our morning newspaper, and got mushy/over-ripe asian pears instead of the usual chocolate/bon bons. Nice location near Central Park South and Columbus Circle.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 1:23 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by westlaker
I stayed at Park Hyatt NYC for one night in May. The breakfast credit for Globalist is $125.
Did anyone else get this credit? I have always been told it's just the 57th st breakfast per person, and sometimes not even the AMOUNT of that breakfast but ONLY that. Although come to think of it, this may be what the 57th st breakfast for two costs when the extra charges are lumped in.

Originally Posted by Aventine
We ended up buying fresh fruit and yogurt across the street and just eating it before going down. Definitely makes you appreciate the PHs that don't leave you wanting for more.
That grocery store is certainly convenient but it is super-expensive, most everything I've compared is significantly higher than at the Whole Foods at Columbus Circle. Soft drinks, even 12 packs, are cheaper at the drug store down the street.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Dec 9, 2017 at 1:28 pm
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Did anyone else get this credit? I have always been told it's just the 57th st breakfast per person, and sometimes not even the AMOUNT of that breakfast but ONLY that. Although come to think of it, this may be what the 57th st breakfast for two costs when the extra charges are lumped in.

That grocery store is certainly convenient but it is super-expensive, most everything I've compared is significantly higher than at the Whole Foods at Columbus Circle. Soft drinks, even 12 packs, are cheaper at the drug store down the street.
We were always told 57th st breakfast x2 and that's it. I think those 2 come out slightly under depending what charges they omit and include. You might be able to get French press each morning with $125!

You're right. We were just jetlagged and didn't really know what's fair priced from what's not. Even the Starbucks has cheaper yogurt come to think about it.
I also recommend Amazon Fresh. Really convenient as well.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:17 pm

I was given the choice of the 57th St breakfast or an equivalent value credit to order something else. This is from a month or so ago.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.