Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:00 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Where are you guys finding the P+C availability for this property that you talk about above? I've checked at least 20+ random dates in the future, and every time there is a Park King available, the only award that shows is the 30k one.

I definitely recall that a year or two ago this property almost always used to have P+C available whenever a Park King was available. Have they become more stingy?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:34 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by blahmeh14
Where are you guys finding the P+C availability for this property that you talk about above? I've checked at least 20+ random dates in the future, and every time there is a Park King available, the only award that shows is the 30k one.

I definitely recall that a year or two ago this property almost always used to have P+C available whenever a Park King was available. Have they become more stingy?
I seem to recall reading somewhere - possibly on this thread - that P+C is only available on stays of three nights or more.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by danger
I seem to recall reading somewhere - possibly on this thread - that P+C is only available on stays of three nights or more.
I just booked this for Jun for three nights (pts only) as there wasn't pts+cash. I also looked for multiple dates this spring and summer for multiple lengths just for my own research and couldn't find any dates that would allow pts+cash (many dates also didn't even take pts only).

I came to the conclusion that Park Hyatt NY is one of those properties that you can never really hope to book on pts+cash In fact, I couldn't find any full service Manhattan located Hyatt that was allowing pts+cash in that research.

(for the PH NYC, I did find a stay 3 night, get 1 night promo available for the spring dates).

In my case, the pts are worth 2.7 cents apiece compared to the cash rate anyways (and I bought most of the points for ~1.7 cents with the 40% bonus for this), and on those three days cash rates were quite high at all full service NYC Hyatts ($399+), so buying and coughing up that many points ended up not being too hard a decision (as I posted elsewhere, I ended up spending as much cash on points to redeem for the PH as I would have for three nights at a HC or Andaz once you include tax implications).

I think I will be able to get 60 nights next year anyways (51 nights booked already) so I won't need the three night credit.

Last edited by MarkOK; Oct 6, 2017 at 8:19 am
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by blahmeh14
P+C is a not so great deal at Cat 7s anyway. You get better value on a pure points redemption.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by Kacee
P+C is a not so great deal at Cat 7s anyway. You get better value on a pure points redemption.
Mostly that might be true -- but PH NY is often over $600 a night and the pts+cash is better than the pts only rate when the cash rate is roughly 700$ a night or higher (correcting for taxes, loss pts earning).

The real kicker is when you need those night credits for earning status.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: *G, KLM Plat, Avis PC, SPG Plt, Hyt Plt
Staying here currently on a WOH award, first night on Globalist account, second night booked from discoverist account. No upgrade offered on arrival other than to "deluxe" room. Confirmed that we will receive comped breakfast for both days which is nice since only the first night was on an elite account. We went a little over-budget for breakfast ($93 for two people), but it appears to have been cleared from our folio.

I requested late checkout for tomorrow but told no, due to full occupancy tomorrow night (and they clarified that this is supposedly true even for golbalists).

I was amazed by the lowest paid rate for our nights: $1600. And that's for a standard room!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ggcheckpointline53
I requested late checkout for tomorrow but told no, due to full occupancy tomorrow night (and they clarified that this is supposedly true even for golbalists).
That's a T&C violation. It's a guaranteed 2 pm checkout for Discoverist, 4 pm for Globalist.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Staying here currently on a WOH award, first night on Globalist account, second night booked from discoverist account. No upgrade offered on arrival other than to "deluxe" room. Confirmed that we will receive comped breakfast for both days which is nice since only the first night was on an elite account. We went a little over-budget for breakfast ($93 for two people), but it appears to have been cleared from our folio.

I was amazed by the lowest paid rate for our nights: $1600. And that's for a standard room!
You shouldn't have been forced out. 4pm is the standard checkout time for Globs and they should have honored it.

I had a similar experience earlier this week. Had to push at check-in and they somehow found a junior suite for us. Otherwise it was going to be a Park deluxe. The junior suite is just a bigger room on a low floor.

Service was subpar for their price range. The Chatwal had superior service at half the price but probably half of the room size. Attendants took a while to bring requested items. Engineering came in unannounced and unwanted to take care of a VERY noisy drain issue that should have been taken care of from 9-5. Their excuse was that they needed to brief us about a potential overflow issue. I'd have preferred they slip a note under the door, leave an extension to call or just call the room rather than try to enter the room.

Breakfast was okay. They heavily enforce the price limits and nothing was taken off. Ended up being almost $100 in additional charges for the pot of French press coffee each morning.

Their service recovery for the engineers was an offer to upgrade to a premium suite on our next stay (lame).

Last edited by Aventine; Oct 11, 2017 at 12:20 am
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Aventine
You shouldn't have been forced out. 4pm is the standard checkout time for Globs and they should have honored it.
That last night wasn't made as a Glob or WOH..... so no entitlement for a 4pm checkout.
And that comped breakfast for the second night was more than what was to be expected, so maybe a bit of give and take is nice here.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
That last night wasn't made as a Glob or WOH..... so no entitlement for a 4pm checkout.
According to OP:

second night booked from discoverist account
Discoverist is entitled to 2 pm late checkout.

Further it is not clear to me that Globalist benefits do not apply if there's a Globalist registered in the room.

More generally, not surprised to hear this property is still evading program rules and treating elites shabbily.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
how is the breakfast menu at the new(ish) restaurant?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kacee
According to OP:
More generally, not surprised to hear this property is still evading program rules and treating elites shabbily.
That is indeed a shame for a Hyatt owned property... but 2 free breakfasts is not really being treated shabbily here... just like 2pm is not the same as 4 pm.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by maewest
how is the breakfast menu at the new(ish) restaurant?
Overall, VERY much improved and befitting a PH.
The steaks and eggs were fabulous. Eggs Benedict as well. The autumn special French toast was visually stunning as well.

Last edited by Aventine; Oct 14, 2017 at 4:44 am Reason: Added more
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
Excellent, thank you! Checking in today for what has become an anniversary tradition and have been very curious about the new menu so I'm glad to hear this.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:52 am

The Lobster Scramble was the star of the show for me personally. And it's easily within the Globalist allowance per person, with a coffee or juice thrown in (not that they seem to charge small excesses over the Globalist allowance).

Globalist treatment seems decent, given that I somehow got a large Studio Suite Double from the Park King originally booked, on a particularly busy night where they apparently had to walk 10 rooms to the Hyatt TS.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.