Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stargold
Park Hyatts (at least the ones I have been to/seen) have never really been "old money" look/feel - that's very much St Regis territory and not really served by Hyatt.

My understanding of the Park Hyatt aesthetic is clean lines, natural materials, airy feeling and luxurious modernity.
The latest Park Hyatts I've been to have all been like that: Shanghai, Busan, Seoul.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
That's called "poor service" in my book.

They're going to fail if that's true. No one in their right mind would choose PH NYC over Four Seasons or Mandarin.

Despite the pretension, this hotel does not (IMO) make the list of top tier NYC hotels.
I agree with you and that is probably why the price difference between it and Andaz Fifth has been shrinking as its price has come down some from its initial truly absurd rates (they seemed to be under the severely misguided impression they could charge Peninsula level pricing). I think the property has some inherent limitations with lower floors location even if its part of a new iconic building. I have a hard time believing this property will end up a good investment at least over the next few years. The segment they aspire to is incredibly competitive in New York and I think this property has missed the mark. Personally I think its not worth more than $500 a night (on average, not big event weekends) and personally I wouldn't pay more than $450 for it.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:30 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Brief One Night Stay

Park Hyatt New York

Map| 7 Reviews | 71% Recommended

Park Hyatt New York

153 West 57th Street New York, NY US 10019

Brief One Night Stay (0 Photo)

Park Hyatt New York

Checked in recently for a brief one night stay

Arrived late at night, bellman helped with the bags the moment we pulled up to the door in our limousine. Check in was professional, explained all Diamond benefits and upgraded to a Park Deluxe on a high floor. Granted 4PM late check out. Paid C+P as opposed to the USD $750+ nightly rate.

The hotel is modern, maginificent and stunning.

Arrived to the room to find 3 mandarins. Mentioned that we prefer a selection of fruit and room service arrived with another 10 mandarins in a bowl. We found it quite funny

The Lobster Omlette is incredible

As others mentioned the views here are non existent. It's still an impressiveproperty and the pool in a NYC hotel is the icing on the cake

Would definitely return.

Brief One Night Stay

Would you like to write a review on the Park Hyatt New York?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 18, 2016, 12:09 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
AAA Five Diamond ranking

The property is one of the newest additions to the Five Diamond ranks. . .

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...tels/78715476/
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
AAA ranking can be taken with a grain of salt, just like Trip Advisor. Media Hub??? i

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
The property is one of the newest additions to the Five Diamond ranks. . .

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...tels/78715476/

Last edited by Radiant Flyer; Jan 18, 2016 at 10:31 pm
Old Jan 19, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat

Continue to enjoy this hotel with points as a diamond. I agree with others that it isn't worth the $$$ they would like to charge. The regular upgrade as a diamond is a great room -- especially compared to the crappy upgrades we received at the GH and the HR Jersey City during the same recent trip. After two rooms that almost seemed like the hotels worst rooms, the large room at the PH was a welcome change.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 10:13 pm

Planning two night stay at PHNY. Wife is Diamond, I am Plat, first night using wife's DSU on cash and points rate, second night using my free night from Chase CC signup. What are the odds we will have to move for the second night? Might they let us stay in the suite a second night?

Thanks
Old Jan 26, 2016, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by adlibitum
Planning two night stay at PHNY. Wife is Diamond, I am Plat, first night using wife's DSU on cash and points rate, second night using my free night from Chase CC signup. What are the odds we will have to move for the second night? Might they let us stay in the suite a second night?

Thanks
If my experience at other Hyatts is any indicator, they'll offer a co-pay to stay in the suite. Haven't tried specifically at the PHNY.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 3:32 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
If my experience at other Hyatts is any indicator, they'll offer a co-pay to stay in the suite. Haven't tried specifically at the PHNY.
In my 30 plus years with Hyatt I have never been asked to pay except at the PHNY
I would call that the exception property besides Park Hyatt Sydney but that is an extraordinary hotel IMHO in many other ways with generosity towards Diamonds
Which Hyatt's have asked you to pay once confirmed?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 4:20 pm
Community Director Emerita

If my experience at other Hyatts is any indicator, they'll offer a co-pay to stay in the suite.
Would you expand on this? I've never experienced it, and don't quite understand what you are saying. I have been able to book a C+P stay and use a DSU on it, but never a C+P on the upcharge for a suite.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Would you expand on this? I've never experienced it, and don't quite understand what you are saying. I have been able to book a C+P stay and use a DSU on it, but never a C+P on the upcharge for a suite.
Last summer I booked a cash and points + DSU stay at the Olive 8 in Seattle, over July 4 no less. We decided to drop the Vancouver portion of our trip, so I booked a separate stay at Olive 8 (back to back with the previous) on points. At check-in, I asked the front desk if there was anything he could do to keep me in the suite for the whole stay. It appeared that he checked availability, then pulled out a binder, looked at something and said that I could keep the suite for a $50 per night co-pay on the award nights.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
In my 30 plus years with Hyatt I have never been asked to pay except at the PHNY
I would call that the exception property besides Park Hyatt Sydney but that is an extraordinary hotel IMHO in many other ways with generosity towards Diamonds
Which Hyatt's have asked you to pay once confirmed?
I've only paid when I had back to back stays, one with a DSU, one as an award. I paid a cash copay on the award nights to keep the suite (see my previous reply to SanDiego1K).
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:13 pm
Community Director Emerita

Thank you, PWMTrav, very helpful. I've never tried to marry a stay that combines some nights confirmed in a suite, and some nights that are in regular rooms, so have had no reason to experience this. It's great to know your experience.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:53 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I've only paid when I had back to back stays, one with a DSU, one as an award. I paid a cash copay on the award nights to keep the suite (see my previous reply to SanDiego1K).
Appreciate the time to share the feedback and your experience with us all
I've typically found the vast majority of hotels to extend by a night or two whenever I have done a combination of confirmed revenue and award space

In fact in NYC @ Andaz Fifth Avenue my first night was on points and the remaining 4 revenue nights was with a DSU
They generously upgraded the first night to a suite giving us 5 nights in a suite^
Surprisingly when I couldn't all 6 nights in a suite on points the hotel in Hawaii upgraded the 2 unavailable nights in inventory where I didn't use additional points to upgrade and complimentary upgraded those as well
I'm always surprised when guests get the hard sell who have earned their Diamond status
The majority of Hyatt hotels really want to make guests happy^
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thank you, PWMTrav, very helpful. I've never tried to marry a stay that combines some nights confirmed in a suite, and some nights that are in regular rooms, so have had no reason to experience this. It's great to know your experience.
I didn't intend to - by the time we decided to change our stay, cash and points was no longer available and rates had gone WAY up. It was either points with the potential of changing rooms, or changing hotels to the Grand (across the street). We figured we'd change rooms, but the hotel was really helpful. It doesn't hurt that the Olive 8 confirms into a suite that they have many of - each floor has one on the same corner of the building.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.