Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:15 pm

Thanks, that's great info from both of you. My wife is Japanese so Dainobu will be perfect for us and I'll also check out some of the other suggestions.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:15 am

There's also a Dean and Deluca on the next street, which you can access quite easily through a shortcut.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 5:42 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by greg999
Are there any breakfast options close to the hotel?
Definitely Norma's. Legendary breakfast.

And definiely _not_ PHNY. As the hotel who inspired the famous phrase "the breakfast you're entitled to", one word: AVOID.

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
... you got a better free breakfast than you were entitled to ...
At a top-tier hotel, how on earth is "the breakfast you're entitled to" even a thing that can possibly exist?

At first, it's a shock to discover that a top-tier hotel nickels-and-dimes their guests.

If a future post claims that the accountants came in with a precise micrometer to measure and charge you for how many millimeters of soap you consumed off their luxury bar of soap, it would not be a total surprise.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:58 am

Are there any breakfast options close to the hotel? I have a 6 night stay coming up and don't have top tier status so no free breakfast. I am traveling with my wife and two small kids. We might pay for room service breakfast for one morning but based on the comments on this thread doesn't seem worth it to pay those prices for all 6 days. I haven't been to New York for many years so don't know what the local neighborhood is like.
Breakfast Delivery is always a great option when traveling with kids. It's like having room service breakfast without the price tag. Just takes a little pre-planning (ie decide the night before from where and what you will order or even pre-schedule your delivery) and you are good to go.

There are a ton of food delivery services in NYC including Seamless/Grubhub, UberEATS, Delivery.com and I'm sure plenty others.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Are there any breakfast options close to the hotel? I have a 6 night stay coming up and don't have top tier status so no free breakfast. I am traveling with my wife and two small kids. We might pay for room service breakfast for one morning but based on the comments on this thread doesn't seem worth it to pay those prices for all 6 days. I haven't been to New York for many years so don't know what the local neighborhood is like.
One option worth considering is to book your stay through the new Hyatt Privé program. Any Hyatt Privé travel advisor can book this for you, with all the complimentary benefits. Here are the Privé benefits for the Park Hyatt New York:

-$100USD Property Credit
-Room Upgrade, confirmed within 24 hrs of booking, subject to availability
-Daily complimentary full breakfast for two at hotel restaurant
-Welcome Amenity
-Guest Welcome Letter
-Early check-in and Late check-out, confirmed within 24 hrs of booking, subject to availability
-Connecting Rooms, confirmed within 24 hrs of booking, subject to availability
-Free Wifi

Hope this helps!

Last edited by KristenNix; Apr 5, 2018 at 5:36 pm
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:40 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by KristenNix
Here are the Privé benefits for the Park Hyatt New York:
-Daily complimentary full breakfast for two at hotel restaurant
What are the limitations (if any) on the breakfast benefit through Privé ?

What if you're a party of one?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
They're not going to give you two credits.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I bet full breakfast means one entree and one beverage as usual.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Originally Posted by CloudCoder

Hi CloudCoder! The full breakfast at the Park Hyatt New York is the 57th Street Breakfast (57th STREET BREAKFAST: Your Choice of Eggs any Style served with Breakfast Sausage, Country Ham or Bacon, Pastry or Toast, Juice, Hot Morning Beverage). If the guest decides to do a la carte, they would receive the value of the 57th Street Breakfast ($41 per person) and anything above would be charged to the guest. So, for two in-room guests booked through Privé, each guest will receive the $41 breakfast credit. I hope this helps!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:25 am
Suspended

You didn't answer his second question (but we know the answer).
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by CloudCoder

Not this again. What is this obsession with getting two breakfasts by yourself?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by joe_miami
You didn't answer his second question (but we know the answer).
LOL! It's $41 per person, but if the guest requires an exception, a good Privé advisor can make a special request on your behalf
Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
Not this again. What is this obsession with getting two breakfasts by yourself?
It's totally unrelated to food or money. it's strictly the principal of being "limited" to absolutely the single cheapest breakfast on the menu. The WoH terms and conditions state that a Globalist gets "one breakfast entree", implying a choice.. But PHNY interprets this as "you can choose ONLY the Single Cheapest Entree On The Menu". Yes, it pisses me off that the alleged "flagship" hotel of the whole chain is so miserly. It's not about breakfast. It's not about entrees. It's about nickel-and-dime-ing their customers, for no apparent reason. The breakfast is the most visible symptom, yet the syndrome runs deep.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:30 pm
Suspended

I agree the PHNY nickels and dimes people to the point that it's a turnoff, but it's unclear how your complaint leads you to your apparent conclusion that one person should get two credits.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami
I agree the PHNY nickels and dimes people to the point that it's a turnoff, but it's unclear how your complaint leads you to your apparent conclusion that one person should get two credits.
I think that each person should be allowed "A Breakfast Entree" as specified in the WoH terms and conditions.

Getting around the hotels artificial limitation would require something like 1.3 breakfast credits. But how can someone obtain 0.3 of a credit? There are ways to obtain a full credit.

What if we took all the times that I was "entitled" to a free Globalist breakfast, but an early flight required me to leave the hotel before breakfast begins? Convert all those "missed breakfasts" into credits. Repeat for all the Globalists who had early flights and missed breakfasts. Then give all those credits to the poor poor starving PHNY, so they can improve their image and stop acting like such a cheap and stingy operation. It's just a suggestion..

Or, really and truly, what if I decide to SKIP the "free" breakfast at PHNY? Do you think they would credit my account $41? Of course not, and here's why: cheap pettiness works only in ONE direction, i.e. from hotel to customer. If *I* do it, I'm cheap and petty . If *THEY* do it, they're frugal and wise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.