Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 19, 19, 10:12 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: gengar
Wiki Link
  • 57th Street Breakfast: YOUR CHOICE OF EGGS SERVED WITH BREAKFAST POTATOES, SAUSAGE OR BACON BAKERIES AND TOAST SELECTION OF PRESERVES,CHOICE OF JUICE, COFFEE OR TEA, $45/pp
  • Includes any a la carte items on the menu equivalent in value to the $41 "57th Street Breakfast"
  • Data point in October 2018 suggests Globalist breakfast benefit upped to $50pp
  • Allowed as room service, subject to payment of delivery charge ($10, as of October 2018); the $50pp allowance cannot be used towards this charge.
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

ADA double (800sf) with points is larger than jr suite with DSU
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 24, 18, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by blahmeh14 View Post
Why are rates so low all of a sudden? I'm finding a fair number of nights that are available in the $400-$499 range.
Noticed this as well.

Rates plummeting and they can't seem to sustain a restaurant. Draw your own conclusions about how well they're doing on occupancy and revenue.
Old Jan 24, 18, 10:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
. . . With them also recently re-naming their rooms (no more park kings, park suites, park executive suites, etc) to titles that are inconsistent with the standard Park Hyatt naming-scheme, are they preparing for a rebrand or something similar?
Park Hyatt Sydney is also re-naming their rooms to 'One King Bed,' etc.

Rebranding as well?
Old Jan 24, 18, 11:23 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World View Post
Park Hyatt Sydney is also re-naming their rooms to 'One King Bed,' etc.

Rebranding as well?
More likely trying to trick people by removing 'Park View' from the room description i.e. Hickson Road.
Old Jan 24, 18, 11:23 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Why are rates so low all of a sudden? I'm finding a fair number of nights that are available in the $400-$499 range. I know prices are cyclical and usually go down in the winter after the holidays, but I don't remember them going quite this low last year. Correct me if I'm wrong!
I think it's just February in NYC. Rates during autumn and Christmas were as high as can be.
Old Jan 25, 18, 12:37 am

Indeed. Rate during my stay in October was $1200 plus tax.

But then again, 500 or below does sound unusually low.
Old Jan 25, 18, 12:57 am

Well plus state and city taxes. Even the Peninsula is around $700 for a February weekday stay. I say take advantage of the cheap rates if you're going to be there.
Old Jan 25, 18, 2:14 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Noticed this as well.

Rates plummeting and they can't seem to sustain a restaurant. Draw your own conclusions about how well they're doing on occupancy and revenue.
I've never stayed at PH NYC but plan to stay there next week. One-day trip to NYC, blowing a Cat 7 certificate. Should I wise up and use the cert at a different property in NYC instead?
Old Jan 25, 18, 3:15 am

Why are rates so low all of a sudden? I'm finding a fair number of nights that are available in the $400-$499 range. I know prices are cyclical and usually go down in the winter after the holidays, but I don't remember them going quite this low last year. Correct me if I'm wrong!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Maybe prospective guests ( even some returning ones) have given up on it, unable to find reasonable rates or C&P availability in the past. That's my experience. Always wanted to stay here but could never get it for what I consider rates in the sanity range. Meanwhile, i've enjoyed many other properties at less than half the cost, so I no longer contemplate a stay here ( unless the lower rates become a feature).

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Old Jan 25, 18, 4:04 am

Programs: AA Plat, WoH Glob, HHonors (faux) Diamond
Originally Posted by CloudCoder View Post
I've never stayed at PH NYC but plan to stay there next week. One-day trip to NYC, blowing a Cat 7 certificate. Should I wise up and use the cert at a different property in NYC instead?
Man, I got great value out of my Cat 7 certificate there a few weeks ago: Scroll back a bit for some details and comments. Left me wanting more.

The next week I was at Andaz 5th Avenue and was also treated well, and got good value for money, but definitely not as good as the PH experience.
Old Jan 25, 18, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by CloudCoder View Post
Worth using it there. The redemption value is among the highest in Hyatt. Andaz 5th is undeserving of a 1-7 Cert.
Old Jan 25, 18, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
I think it's just February in NYC. Rates during autumn and Christmas were as high as can be.
But they're not keeping up with the competition, such as MO and SR, which are both around $750 on nights where PH is charging $495.

And the inability to keep a restaurant open is a bad sign.
Old Jan 25, 18, 9:14 am
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier Ambassador, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
But they're not keeping up with the competition, such as MO and SR, which are both around $750 on nights where PH is charging $495.

And the inability to keep a restaurant open is a bad sign.
Comparing the PHNY to the StR or even MO is perhaps a mistake, even for the supposed flagship PH. You just named two of the absolutely highest esteem properties for years and years in Manhattan. Their demand is stronger and has been for a much longer time.

Regardless, everyone herein knows that the PHNY is experiencing “issues” and I think most herein recognize that it actually isn’t considered by most luxury hotel fans to really yet be among the very best in the city. It’s the best Hyatt option, of course. It’s a very nice option. But its demand simply isn’t as high as some of the other hotels you’ve named. That’s why its rates are concimitantly a bit lower still.

NYC is a very tough market, and the competition among 5 star hotels is very stiff. Your rate descriptions demonstrate that more than anything else.

The lack of a proper restaurant isn’t necessarily a bad sign. Even the StR NY ended its restaurant contract with Alain Ducasse in 2006...and the StR still is doing just fine. It has a “regular” restaurant now. And it still is considered one of the best.

Last edited by bhrubin; Jan 25, 18 at 9:19 am
Old Jan 25, 18, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post

The lack of a proper restaurant isn’t necessarily a bad sign. Even the StR NY ended its restaurant contract with Alain Ducasse in 2006...and the StR still is doing just fine. It has a “regular” restaurant now. And it still is considered one of the best.
At least StR actually has a restaurant, unlike PH and FS... FS apparently thinks it's OK to send guests to their rooms for dinner, while PH offers all day dining until 10.30 pm in the Living Room, which is a bit better.
Old Jan 25, 18, 11:01 am

By the way... I see on the new Park Hyatt New York website, their Westside Suites vanished from inventory. Any insight as to what happened?
Old Jan 25, 18, 5:55 pm

It looks like they turned them into 1 bedroom suites? They just renamed all their suites too. The Carnegie suite is going for almost 7500 dollars. They must have lost their minds.

Search this Thread