Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
This is nothing new... perhaps a few of you need a little reminder.

There have been several new Hyatt's when they opened for the first year or two award nights were hard to book and their rates were though the roof

Hotel Victor Miami Beach (no longer hyatt)
Hyatt Key West
Andaz 5th Avenue

I tried for a few years after these hotels open to book free nights... with no luck.

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I have been a SPG Plat and now LT for the last 14 years and I never encountered anything similar to what this property is implementing today. I love Hyatt but this is a bit overboard.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
My comment was in respond to ma91pmh claim that this is a "standard business practice across the board at every single US SPG property" which is not true. And I am not sure why you were unable to redeem at the Andaz 5th even years after they've open unless the dates always fall on peak demand periods such as fashion week or when the General Assembly of the United Nations meet. From personal experience, I was able to use my FFNs at the Andaz 5th soon after they open and was able to redeem for a Dec 2012 stay without issues.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
This is nothing new... perhaps a few of you need a little reminder.

There have been several new Hyatt's when they opened for the first year or two award nights were hard to book and their rates were though the roof

Hotel Victor Miami Beach (no longer hyatt)
Hyatt Key West
Andaz 5th Avenue

I tried for a few years after these hotels open to book free nights... with no luck.
I think the main difference is that it's not that there are only 10 standard rooms and people are booking them immediately because they're so popular, it's that the Park Hyatt is no longer offering any standard rooms at all. I would be fine with the first case, but it's the latter case that's upsetting.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:23 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

The Andaz 5th Avenue does something a bit tricky....

Look for 1 night and there isn't any availability for an Andaz King; Paid or Award... but if you look for 4 nights then magically an Andaz King shows up for both award and paid availability.. this isn't just for long weekends/holidays... I picked random dates in February and it was the case. So, it looks like they enforce a minium stay requirements for Andaz Kings...

FDW
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
The Andaz 5th Avenue does something a bit tricky....

Look for 1 night and there isn't any availability for an Andaz King; Paid or Award... but if you look for 4 nights then magically an Andaz King shows up for both award and paid availability.. this isn't just for long weekends/holidays... I picked random dates in February and it was the case. So, it looks like they enforce a minium stay requirements for Andaz Kings...

FDW
I was wondering about that because when I have looked for just one night or two there is never any award availability
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, FPC Premier, UA Silver, Hyatt Explorist, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Miesque
I was wondering about that because when I have looked for just one night or two there is never any award availability
This is not entirely accurate as I am able to see sporadic availability of 1-night Andaz King rooms in the next few months. However, it appears that the hotel does implement award min. stay requirements often, and for the cash paying customers, they offer the Andaz Loft room for about the same price as the Andaz King would be.

Reg. PH NYC, I thought the issue is that they only have about 20 rooms designated as "standard" rooms, with the majority of their rooms carrying the "deluxe" designation. So, these "standard" rooms get booked very quickly, due to the low supply. If you scroll back in the old thread, you will see people booking award nights as early as last march (iirc). However, "...they have currently closed off 2015 standard room reservations until more standard rooms are completed. This is why there are NO standard rooms available, paid or awards, for 2015." from http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...liquor-license

Last edited by cdmca; Sep 10, 2014 at 12:57 pm
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:26 pm

Programs: JL JMB Diamond 1.4 MM, UA 1P 1.2 MM

Had the pleasure of staying here from 9/4 to 9/7. Award stay booked when they first became available. Upgraded to a "deluxe king" (room 2004).

Here are some of my random thoughts:

Room was plenty big for my wife and I. Checkin in the room is sort of nice. Service was friendly without being uptight. No view, but I knew that going in. Rain shower is too narrow. Pool area is pretty awesome. Lounge area where you can get one free drink per day seemed like a waste of space since I never saw anyone using it. Did not eat at hotel so I can't comment on food. Had one drink at bar which was pricey, but expected as well. Did not appreciate waking up to the sounds of construction right above us Friday and Saturday morning. That was expected too, but still didn't like it.

It was nice to try, but I don't think I need to go back.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:33 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
Originally Posted by Goosh
Lounge area where you can get one free drink per day seemed like a waste of space since I never saw anyone using it.
Is the free drink part of diamond perks? Which lounge area was it?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: JL JMB Diamond 1.4 MM, UA 1P 1.2 MM
I'm not a diamond so I don't think so. The free drink lounge area is after you get off the elevators on the 3rd floor and round the corner and across from the guest service desks. There is a seating area with a jug of different flavored water each day. The lime infused water was horrible.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:32 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
Originally Posted by Goosh
I'm not a diamond so I don't think so. The free drink lounge area is after you get off the elevators on the 3rd floor and round the corner and across from the guest service desks. There is a seating area with a jug of different flavored water each day. The lime infused water was horrible.
Got it, i tried it n so refreshing. someone mention they got free coffee n pastry if i am not mistaken on older posts but i couldnt find it in the hotel.
they rotated the infused water flavor day n night. They got different flavor every single day.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Has anyone found this hotel to be less than $800? I looked for about 5 travel dates I have to NYC and it's all over $800.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Has anyone found this hotel to be less than $800? I looked for about 5 travel dates I have to NYC and it's all over $800.
see post #82 referencing opening special/FHR/virtuoso. Also consider best rate guarantee. Fall is peak time in NYC.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:01 pm

Diamond Breakfast update

Hi all, I am not a frequent flyer by any measure - I read more than I post - so I want to do my part to contribute when I can.

I spent one night at the Park Hyatt NY yesterday and I'll post a longer description of my stay (cc award night) later. It was a very good stay, albeit with some very minor points which I attributed to the front desk staff still finding their footing. But it my case it didn't detract from the stay.

The most important thing to share is that the Diamond Breakfast benefit
1. was allowed as room service
2. included any items on the menu equivalent in value to the $41 "57th Street Breakfast"

I know many on this thread have complained about this, so I hope you'll be happy to hear it. I made a lot of notes of my stay and hope to share momentarily.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ENFO
Hi all, I am not a frequent flyer by any measure - I read more than I post - so I want to do my part to contribute when I can.

I spent one night at the Park Hyatt NY yesterday and I'll post a longer description of my stay (cc award night) later. It was a very good stay, albeit with some very minor points which I attributed to the front desk staff still finding their footing. But it my case it didn't detract from the stay.

2. included any items on the menu equivalent in value to the $41 "57th Street Breakfast"

I know many on this thread have complained about this, so I hope you'll be happy to hear it. I made a lot of notes of my stay and hope to share momentarily.
Thanks. I updated wiki
Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by ENFO
This is great news. This was one of the iffy points for me about Diamond benefits. Good to hear that they updates their policy. ^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.