Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K

The service is spectacular and worthy of five stars. The pool, sauna, jacuzzi and gym are terrific and I found the food delicious, including homemade pasta bolognese and cheese plate at 2a
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:26 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

I looked into booking a virtuoso rate here and using a dsu. The hotel told my agent that the dsu can only be applied if booking directly with GP. First time I have has trouble using a suite upgrade with a virtuoso rate.

FDW
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
All I have to say is that I am disappointed that they do not have a Tokyo Bar & Grill.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:30 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
All I have to say is that I am disappointed that they do not have a Tokyo Bar & Grill.
^
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by kuponuts
... The staff at Grand Hyatt told me that they won't be able to help with anything, and advised me to contact my travel agent or Cathay Pacific directly myself. The people at Andaz said they could help me look up the contact phone number and website of Cathay Pacific, but they won't be able to ring them for me. In contrast, PHNY was more than willing to do everything for me. Not only did they contact the airline (via overseas call), but helped me rebook my flight for me ...
Sorry, but wouldn't you expect a different level of service from a Grand Hyatt, Andaz, and Park Hyatt? Isn't that the point of having different levels of brands? Isn't that why we pay such premiums to stay at a PH? I imagine that brands like GH and locations like Wall Street are used to having guests who are a little more independent than you are. Would you have asked this of the Hyatt Place in Midtown?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
Hi Coggie,

Yes, that was my point. I was trying to illustrate the different levels of service using my case as an example. And this difference is what sets apart the PHNY from Grand Hyatt and the Andaz (and the reasons for the premium price of PHNY).

On another note, although one would expect the Park Hyatt brand to deliver better service than Grand Hyatt/Andaz/Hyatt Regency, my experience in Asia is that all these brands deliver a very high level of services. I have yet to experience a Hyatt Place so I have nothing to comment on this.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:51 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hailstorm
+1 from me too. It would have been clever! They could grill okonomiyaki, there seems to be a serious lack of okonomiyaki places in NYC.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:10 am

I never really took advantage of any of a hotel's gracious service (fairly low maintenance). Other than arranging travel logistics, what else do people expect in terms of hotel service?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
+1 from me too. It would have been clever! They could grill okonomiyaki, there seems to be a serious lack of okonomiyaki places in NYC.
+1. May help draw the desired clientele without torturing the rest of us with the hard beds.

Last edited by thucanhho; Sep 2, 2014 at 10:53 am
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
Originally Posted by JunkDiver
I never really took advantage of any of a hotel's gracious service (fairly low maintenance). Other than arranging travel logistics, what else do people expect in terms of hotel service?
Booking restaurants, tickets to the US Open, Broadway theatres, arranging transportations, changing flights --- just to name a few. You should really utilize the expertise of the hotel that you stay at. They have the local knowledge and are more than willing to help out (as in the case of PHNY). This is how I get to know to best places to visit and restaurants to eat in all the major cities that I have visited.

I am independent enough to book my tickets and change my flights, but in this case I had a real need to lend support from the hotel staff. I am in a foreign city where I had no access to a phone (except a hotel phone). The only way I could change my flight itinerary is to ring Cathay Pacific (either via their local or overseas office). And for people who know Cathay Pacific, you will need to be on queue on the phone for 30 minutes to an hour before you get to speak to their operators. I once did this via the hotel phone, and the cost came to 1300+ USD. I have learnt that the best way to deal with such an inconvenience is to ask the hotel staff to take care of it, and they are more than willing to help.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kuponuts
I am in a foreign city where I had no access to a phone (except a hotel phone).
No mobile phone with something like Skype? And you call yourself a traveler :-).

But if they are willing, you have saved yourself quite some time. But I'm personally very reluctant to let others near my reservations. A mistake is easily made and then you are screwed.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:17 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
Just finished 2 nights stay at PHNY. The housekeeping provides iron pressed service complimentary for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
Bicycle is available during warmer month.
Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.

Last edited by Bidu; Sep 3, 2014 at 12:36 am
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Bidu
Just finished 2 nights stay at PHNY. The housekeeping provides iron pressed service complimentary for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
Bicycle is available during warmer month.
Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
I started wiki and included this useful info.

Bidu: you may start/edit wiki after 90 posts.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:34 am

Thanks for starting the wiki. As I mentioned before, the breakfast here seems a bit weak. I would love to know what services are available at this top tier Hyatt.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:28 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Found this Youtube Video HERE..... The images of the Pool area was neat I thought

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.