Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by cheesedawg
It's annoying that the studio suites are not listed as standard or premium. There will be 3 guests, so I don't think it's allowed to stay in a standard room and so I wanted to guarantee a suite upgrade (also it's a 7 night stay, so nice to have a bigger room).
Did you manage to get the TSU applied to the Studio suite? I'm going through the same scenario with my concierge now for our upcoming trip...
Old Sep 30, 2022, 8:46 pm

In my opinion, I would never burn a TSU for a studio suite here. They aren't worth it. Not even close.
MarkOK likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by faboi0us
Did you manage to get the TSU applied to the Studio suite? I'm going through the same scenario with my concierge now for our upcoming trip...
Did something change recently? I don't think that room has ever been TSU eligible, although they typically are pretty good about complimentary upgrades to those rooms. As others have mentioned though, it's not that great of an upgrade in any event.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by jbandy10
In my opinion, I would never burn a TSU for a studio suite here. They aren't worth it. Not even close.
It's easy to criticize this property for holding back suite upgrades - and I'm of the opinion that an executive/studio suite upgrade does meet the spirit and terms of the program - but honestly out of the poor "suite" options available on lower floors I'd rather just have the City View King on a high floor.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by drnilescrane
It's easy to criticize this property for holding back suite upgrades - and I'm of the opinion that an executive/studio suite upgrade does meet the spirit and terms of the program - but honestly out of the poor "suite" options available on lower floors I'd rather just have the City View King on a high floor.
I had one this past weekend booked before the rise of Cat 8 and it was definitely better than the low floor suite.

hotelfanatic and strickerj like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
I had one this past weekend booked before the rise of Cat 8 and it was definitely better than the low floor suite.
That’s the exact floor plan that caused me to make that comment. It’s perfect - plenty of light and not a cavernous dungeon.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Stayed at the PH NY and will never stay there again. For Manhattan, I will stay at the Andaz Fifth Avenue
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
Originally Posted by sapguy
Stayed at the PH NY and will never stay there again. For Manhattan, I will stay at the Andaz Fifth Avenue
Why
Old Oct 3, 2022, 1:50 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Visconti
LOL...it's like that thread in the GH NY near Penn Station; I mean, after reading that thing, I'm not even sure I'd stay there at $100 per night.
100 a night I’m in 👍 then I can door dash breakfast being the hotel has no actual restaurant lounge etc
Old Oct 3, 2022, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Jerkstore
Why
for starters
Its less points and priced more realistically for revenue
suites are fairly nice no hard ball with aggressive upsells
complimentary breakfast for globes
better more comfortable beds
a sense of concern for guest experiences amongst most team members and managers
Respectable hard product
Old Oct 3, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
All the love for this hotel in this thread convinced me to save 60k points and switch to the Andaz. Gracias.
Standard room goes for 40K (35K off peak). Is it going up to 60K? There are many options with lower points redemption in the city...

Maybe they should bring in Ryan to straighten out the place...
Old Oct 3, 2022, 7:02 pm

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Standard room goes for 40K (35K off peak). Is it going up to 60K? There are many options with lower points redemption in the city...

Maybe they should bring in Ryan to straighten out the place...
4 nights at PHNY was 160k pts
4 at andaz was 100k pts. Hence the 60k.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 9:31 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
4 nights at PHNY was 160k pts
4 at andaz was 100k pts. Hence the 60k.
It make sense now as it was missing the context of 4 nights (maybe it was discussed earlier).

In my opinion, Manhattan hotels (Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton) ask for a premium for award stays. But I've found some that are reasonable (i.e., Courtyard, AC, Gill hall all near Water Street) if you are willing to stay in that area.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 8:11 pm

Programs: Globalist Hyatt, Diamond Hilton
Stayed 6 nights at the PHNY last week and had a very pleasant stay. I booked the standard room and used my upgrade cert to upgrade to a 1 bed suite. Couple of days before check-in, I received an email from the front office rep. I saw that the 1 bed city view suite was available during my stay and asked if I could be upgraded to that. At check-in they did indeed upgrade me to that suite which was running at $2199/night. Not bad for an average stay of 32.5K/night. I spent 195K for 6 nights. Breakfast was completely comped for 4 people for Globalists. We only ate it 3 out of the 6 mornings, since the food was pretty bad. We felt that it was better to eat somewhere else and not waste bad meals in New York even if it was free. I was really surprised as to how bad the breakfast food was at the hotel. I tried the European breakfast, the lobster omelet, and the salmon platter. My kids had the pancakes and the waffles. My wife had the steel cut oatmeal and the yoghurt. Everything was just bland and none of us were satisfied with the food. Otherwise the hotel was gorgeous and the staff was attentive and very friendly. Besides the food, the hotel is definitely one of the top 10 in the Hyatt portfolio.
dpb132 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by mgef
Stayed 6 nights at the PHNY last week and had a very pleasant stay. I booked the standard room and used my upgrade cert to upgrade to a 1 bed suite. Couple of days before check-in, I received an email from the front office rep. I saw that the 1 bed city view suite was available during my stay and asked if I could be upgraded to that. At check-in they did indeed upgrade me to that suite which was running at $2199/night. Not bad for an average stay of 32.5K/night. I spent 195K for 6 nights. Breakfast was completely comped for 4 people for Globalists. We only ate it 3 out of the 6 mornings, since the food was pretty bad. We felt that it was better to eat somewhere else and not waste bad meals in New York even if it was free. I was really surprised as to how bad the breakfast food was at the hotel. I tried the European breakfast, the lobster omelet, and the salmon platter. My kids had the pancakes and the waffles. My wife had the steel cut oatmeal and the yoghurt. Everything was just bland and none of us were satisfied with the food. Otherwise the hotel was gorgeous and the staff was attentive and very friendly. Besides the food, the hotel is definitely one of the top 10 in the Hyatt portfolio.
Congrats on the great accommodations.I've always done well here myself but many others haven't unfortunately.No doubt the hard product is impressive
in the good rooms/suites.It's sad to hear about the breakfast.It was spectacular when it first opened however that was then and this is now!
Breakfast should be inspiring in a 5 star thats one of the big reasons you go.

Having returned recently from Andaz Vienna (12k a night!) the breakfast was truly exceptional so it can still be done with the right chef, passion and commitment.
I've noticed in general Hyatt in North America generally has lost its way even in Hyatt's hometown of Chicago. Though Park Hyatt Chicago still does a fair job
However long gone is the in house pastry chef turning out culinary masterpieces day and night
of European excellence.I'm sure glad I got to experience it all back in the good old days.All of it! Would beg for the recipes back when.
I suppose you wont be buying the PHNYC breakfast cookbook

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.