Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2022, 11:59 am

Is valet parking, with in and out privileges, complimentary at this hotel for globalists on award stays?
Old Sep 10, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Explorist; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by nas6034
Is valet parking, with in and out privileges, complimentary at this hotel for globalists on award stays?
Yes.
nas6034 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 6:50 am

I did online check in today and it says you’ve been upgraded….to a King View City.

what is the base suite upgrade room for globalist at this property? And is it better equal or worse than the King View City?
Old Sep 23, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Explorist; Bonvoy Platinum
I did online check in today and it says you’ve been upgraded….to a King View City.

what is the base suite upgrade room for globalist at this property? And is it better equal or worse than the King View City?
The most likely Globalist complimentary upgrade would be to a King View. Sometimes they will upgrade to a studio suite based on availability.

it is extremely unlikely they will upgrade any further than either of these categories, but they will be happy to sell upgrades to larger one bedroom suites.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by touringuy
The most likely Globalist complimentary upgrade would be to a King View. Sometimes they will upgrade to a studio suite based on availability.

it is extremely unlikely they will upgrade any further than either of these categories, but they will be happy to sell upgrades to larger one bedroom suites.
very helpful considering I see a king bed suite and king bed studio suite still available.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 6:04 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA PlatPro
FWIW, I stayed at the PHNY last week with fiance.
We travel full time (visited 40+ countries during covid mania) - but usually stay at boutique places.

Burned 45k/points a night for 3 nights.
Had a very nice stay.

Don't eat in hotel restaurants.
Gym was nice, she enjoyed the pool.
Room was clean and looked still in decent shape.

--
At check in - we were offered a suite upgrade of some kind - for some mumbled amount (I heard $50, but that seems ridiculous).
We declined, don't care.

But, it did stick with me that they were selling suites at a place like that, for, what I heard - to be a crazy cheap price.
Take that for what you will.

We really enjoyed our stay overall (even if I sound like a simpleton with his first visit to a 'fancy' hotel Lol.
SP03 likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:07 am

Just completed my stay as a glob. I haven’t stayed at many PH like my fellow FT brethren, but have stayed at PH Sydney, Vendome and Vienna and I can say that PH NY is not necessarily worth going out of your way.

Soft product is better than average but it is not good or great. The hard product is slightly below average or average at best.
  1. No issues with valet parking. Comped as glob.
  2. did not receive a letter during check-in. Instead received a small card with a QR code that mentions what’s on offer at hotel. Which proved valuable since the iPad didn’t work.
  3. For anyone else that stays here and loves le labo that as a guest of the hotel you can hop over to le labo on 65th and get the labo discovery set complimentary. It’s just small mini tester bottles. This set costs about $35. I saw a couple come in that after that paid the asking price for the set.
  4. In-room breakfast fully comped. They didnt even have me sign a check. Food was average.
  5. late checkout honored. They asked up front and didn’t have to ask for it.
  6. as it was an anniversary stay they dropped off chocolate strawberries and Voss water bottles. I felt this brought up the soft product rating for me because up to this point the soft product was okay.
  7. at check-in they said I was “upgraded” to city view king. I asked is there a suite? So they “upgraded” me to a studio suite. And then offered me at a price of $300 an upgrade to a 1 king bed partial Central Park view. I declined.
  8. The studio suite is decent but it is showing age. No USB ports next to bed, I guess that’s okay. The in-room iPad didn’t work at all and when I called it in they said it’s due to an upgrade. The ceiling of the room has started to peel. I guess they just don’t maintain these “glob upgrade suites”. But this is not how a Hyatt owned 5 star hotel should be run.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:34 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Your assessment is pretty much spot on and I’ve been staying in
Park Hyatts since the 90s.For me this hotel has always been about
the location and world class views
What made it particularly special was the former management & team
and the way they took care of you.
The hard product was updated and improved years ago but never amazing though quite comfortable.Years ago the breakfast was better but to many revolving cooks left it uneven year to year.

I’ve always value wise enjoyed hotels for a third of the price and PH Syd was the first Hyatt to my memory to start selling suite upgrades to elites circa 2002 long before the cancer spread to select other hotels not mentioning any names here
I’m proud to say I’ve only once paid for a suite upgrade there back when they started and never again

I think it’s a great romantic hotel for couples celebrating something but it’s wildly overpriced and I’m uncertain
after losing most of their stellar A team they can recapture the moment again to be a must go property
Hard product needs a refresh and tweak as you already are aware
That said I have decades of memories there and sometimes despite all the negatives some of us have
emotional attachments to the hotel even if we know there are better properties for less.
A night or two is always in the back of my mind.Unfortunately until the hotel recaptures the former magic I’ll likely go to others for now

I do highly recommend the Hyatt Regency SYD.Jane Lyon has managed some of the best properties in and out of
SYD but for a 4 star I love the rooftop out door bar,The Regency Club and the team has always been super to me
The rates feel reasonable after PH SYD. It may not be everyone’s cup of tea as it doesn’t scream luxury but it’s still a good stay if sticking with Hyatt

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Sep 26, 2022 at 7:46 am
Old Sep 26, 2022, 10:50 am

It’s been years since I’ve stayed at PH Syd. I rather live with that good memory (and I stayed whilst not a glob) than experience what it may or may not be today, or at least until I’m next in Sydney.

I don’t think the PH NY will necessarily improve as long as people are still paying and UN week dignitaries are willing to stay there.

but for the cash or points price I expected a bit more, especially from a “flagship” property, but I got some where around average at best.

I think my picture of the room ceiling pretty much says all that needs to be said about the hard product.

if I was not a globalist I don’t think I’d even consider this property.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Just completed my stay as a glob. I haven’t stayed at many PH like my fellow FT brethren, but have stayed at PH Sydney, Vendome and Vienna and I can say that PH NY is not necessarily worth going out of your way.

Soft product is better than average but it is not good or great. The hard product is slightly below average or average at best.
  1. No issues with valet parking. Comped as glob.
  2. did not receive a letter during check-in. Instead received a small card with a QR code that mentions what’s on offer at hotel. Which proved valuable since the iPad didn’t work.
  3. For anyone else that stays here and loves le labo that as a guest of the hotel you can hop over to le labo on 65th and get the labo discovery set complimentary. It’s just small mini tester bottles. This set costs about $35. I saw a couple come in that after that paid the asking price for the set.
  4. In-room breakfast fully comped. They didnt even have me sign a check. Food was average.
  5. late checkout honored. They asked up front and didn’t have to ask for it.
  6. as it was an anniversary stay they dropped off chocolate strawberries and Voss water bottles. I felt this brought up the soft product rating for me because up to this point the soft product was okay.
  7. at check-in they said I was “upgraded” to city view king. I asked is there a suite? So they “upgraded” me to a studio suite. And then offered me at a price of $300 an upgrade to a 1 king bed partial Central Park view. I declined.
  8. The studio suite is decent but it is showing age. No USB ports next to bed, I guess that’s okay. The in-room iPad didn’t work at all and when I called it in they said it’s due to an upgrade. The ceiling of the room has started to peel. I guess they just don’t maintain these “glob upgrade suites”. But this is not how a Hyatt owned 5 star hotel should be run.
That looks like water damage and should have been taken care of. Could become moldy with time.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 6:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Aventine
That looks like water damage and should have been taken care of. Could become moldy with time.
Absolutely. Water intrusion likely around the window frame. That should have been fixed immediately on manifestion of the damage; you should never see something like that in a guest room at a PH (or any decent hotel, for that matter).
MarkOK likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
All the love for this hotel in this thread convinced me to save 60k points and switch to the Andaz. Gracias.
hp12c likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Jerkstore
All the love for this hotel in this thread convinced me to save 60k points and switch to the Andaz. Gracias.
LOL...it's like that thread in the GH NY near Penn Station; I mean, after reading that thing, I'm not even sure I'd stay there at $100 per night.
hp12c likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
Originally Posted by Visconti
LOL...it's like that thread in the GH NY near Penn Station; I mean, after reading that thing, I'm not even sure I'd stay there at $100 per night.
I don't even expect the GH to have a bed in the room based on that thead.
hp12c likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by RedSun
You have your freedom of speech and I have my freedom to express my opinion. No, I've not tried to correct your report. I simply want to express my opinion.

Both the 1 King Bed Suite and the 1 King Bed Studio Suite are the "standard suite" at PHNY. The same category. It is just 125 sf difference. If you used your TSU on the 1 King Bed Suite, then you sure can argue with them about their giving you the 1 King Bed Studio Suite. But I figured you did not think that was much a difference.

For the $20 snack bar issue, if you did not want to follow up, then it is your loss. Something like this does not happen often. But it certainly does. Not sure what huge deal it was.

When I stayed there, I asked for regular coffee. The waiter forgot to bring mine. So I shared a cup of coffee with a family member. We had soup, orange juice etc. So it was not a huge deal that I would lower one star rating from PHNY. But certainty some people would do just that.

I tried applying a TSU to a King Bed Studio Suite and my concierge said it was not a standard suite. Any data points lately on what qualifies as a standard suite here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.