Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 30, 19, 10:51 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RedSun
Wiki Link
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 28, 22, 12:20 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Not worth the time to go down, also you can have all the food delivered to your room/pick up even if its not on the room service menu.
Originally Posted by beachfan View Post
I’ll be working from the room, so very much appreciate the room service option.

but that lobster and egg fish may lure me downstairs. Anyone have it, is it worth the time/effort (for folks who love lobster)?

That's pretty much theft and illegal for service staff to do, especially at the Ventana out of all places...? You have an easy small claims case settlement win.
Originally Posted by SP03 View Post
I think it would be better to put the amount corresponding to 18% on the tip line and write down the total.

I stayed at the Ventana recently and made a mistake of not putting the total there. I think the waiter must added in an extra $10 for tips.
Old Jul 28, 22, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
I would think you could get double charged, with the total overridden. I put in “0” or “already included”. Putting a $ amount in the top line is asking for trouble.

I agree on filling out the total.
Why would you put "0" on a bill that doesn't have a service charge already listed? That implies you don't want to tip.

In all cases, writing "Globalist" on the tip line is the easiest way to go.
Old Jul 28, 22, 1:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Gertjaars View Post
That's pretty much theft and illegal for service staff to do, especially at the Ventana out of all places...? You have an easy small claims case settlement win.
Not worth the effort to go to court, but I did bring this up at check out and they removed it. People who don't check their statements on checkout may not even notice.
Old Jul 28, 22, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by js1993 View Post
Why would you put "0" on a bill that doesn't have a service charge already listed? That implies you don't want to tip.

In all cases, writing "Globalist" on the tip line is the easiest way to go.
The service charge was listed on the second photo. I don’t always stay at Hyatts, I gave one method that works at all hotels (when the service charge is displayed). Just came from Conrad Midtown where it showed the service charge a and had a tip line.
js1993 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 22, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Gertjaars View Post
Not worth the time to go down, also you can have all the food delivered to your room/pick up even if its not on the room service menu.

Not worth the time because it's not a great dish?

Is the smoked salmon also subpar?

I used to love the Russ and Daughters gravlax at the Andaz, now they do it in house and it's meh. I went down to Russ and Daughters and got some for the week I was there.
Old Jul 28, 22, 9:06 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I used to love the Russ and Daughters gravlax at the Andaz, now they do it in house and it's meh. I went down to Russ and Daughters and got some for the week I was there.
The Park Hyatt NYC smoked salmon is only better than average
The Manchester Grand in San Diego is vastly superior and melts in your mouth
You may wish to check out Sadelles and Door Dash delivers to your hotel if you don’t wish to travel
its really good too
Old Jul 29, 22, 1:47 am

Thanks. Never tried Sadelle's, I like the area.

However, I'm a life long Russ and Daughter's fan (for take out). Occasionally will go to Murray's for sturgeon, but so easy to get to R&D from midtown on the F train.

Katz's is right there (by R&D) too, although I feel more guilty going there.
platbrownguy likes this.

Last edited by beachfan; Jul 30, 22 at 11:35 am
Old Jul 30, 22, 1:08 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
if you're picky about smoked salmon in NYC, you're gonna need to leave the hotel and venture out to certain delis that are known for their lox/smoked salmon

otherwise yeh, its meh in the hotel for Smoked salmon

Old Jul 30, 22, 10:20 pm

Thanks. Never tried Sadelle's, I like the area.

However, I'm a life long Russ and Daughter's fan (for take out). Occasionally will go to Murray's for sturgeon, but so easy to get to R&D from midtown on the F train.

Katz's is right there (by R&D) too, although I feel more guilty going there.
https://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitc...lmon-explained

You expect a 5 star to be spectacular with Food and beverage but not the case too often.
Frequently the 4 star outperforms
Speaking of Andaz they lost their chef and not only did they lose their premium salmon provider but they no longer execute properly
their legendary Lemon Souffle pancakes the only pancake I've ever enjoyed.I'm debating to cancel and try the Thompson that some others are raving about
Last I was there it didn't remotely look or taste the same.Got the recipe but it must take some special technique to pull it off as my attempt was a fail
Old Jul 31, 22, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound View Post
https://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitc...lmon-explained

You expect a 5 star to be spectacular with Food and beverage but not the case too often.
Frequently the 4 star outperforms
Speaking of Andaz they lost their chef and not only did they lose their premium salmon provider but they no longer execute properly
their legendary Lemon Souffle pancakes the only pancake I've ever enjoyed.I'm debating to cancel and try the Thompson that some others are raving about
Last I was there it didn't remotely look or taste the same.Got the recipe but it must take some special technique to pull it off as my attempt was a fail
Agree re Andaz breakfast. The pancakes are now ordinary. Egg white frittata best option for me, now that the lox is just ok. I do like their smoothies still.

Last edited by beachfan; Jul 31, 22 at 10:02 am
Old Aug 13, 22, 8:36 am

Programs: Hyatt
So I'm headed to the PHNY next week. They told me over the phone that the Globalist in-room dining comp'd breakfast includes 1 entree, 1 hot drink, 1 cold drink for 2 adults and 2 children. Does that mean I can likely get away with ordering a side or an entree extra if it's just myself and my wife?
Old Aug 13, 22, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by jinyoungkim7 View Post
So I'm headed to the PHNY next week. They told me over the phone that the Globalist in-room dining comp'd breakfast includes 1 entree, 1 hot drink, 1 cold drink for 2 adults and 2 children. Does that mean I can likely get away with ordering a side or an entree extra if it's just myself and my wife?
They ask you how many people are staying in the room at check-in normally. On another note, your stayimg at one of the most expensive hotels in NYC, you can't afford an extra side of bacon?
Old Aug 13, 22, 9:48 am

You may get lucky or the Park Hyatt Globalist breakfast Police (trained in WOH bean counting) may bust you in the accounting office before check out
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 13, 22, 9:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
You can order whatever you like. But the hotel is not obligated to comp anything beyond what was quoted to you for each guest, as it complies precisely with the Globalist breakfast benefit. You should expect to pay for anything "extra."
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 13, 22, 1:50 pm

So I have a 2 night stay here in a couple weeks as globe.

If one was going to fish for an upgrade (desirable, not at all expected here), would one have better luck sending a kind email to management or better off just calling the FD two days before check in and asking kindly?

Search this Thread