Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 30, 19, 10:51 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RedSun
Wiki Link
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Old May 28, 22, 9:52 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Visiting a friend here for this memorial day weekend as she came for a quick getaway from San Fran. Shes a globalist, and I'm just reiterating what she said:

- This hotel continues to be a waste of points. The service they offer here, even for the elites/non-elite woh guests, is laughable
- no upgrade to suites even when suites are available to globalists. (paid upgrades offered at check in desk for $1K+ /night LMAO)
- clientele here are mainly: business travelers, guests booked on corporate rates/corporate groups, very few tourists.
- breakfast offerings are still bland compared to the other luxury hotels in this area.
- they will try to upcharge you for every single little thing. A 2 minute informative/suggestion talk with the PHNY concierge team ended with a "Miss, would you like to pay the $100 booking fee now or at checkout?". She didn't even agree or ask to book anything!

Echoing all the previous posts from the past 2 years, its pretty sad to say it's all true to May 2022. Stop wasting your points/$$$ at this property. This property is not "aspirational" as you see it on instagram, youtube, or the bloggers.
EuropeanPete and strickerj like this.

Last edited by Gertjaars; May 28, 22 at 9:59 am
Old May 28, 22, 11:08 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I have an upcoming stay here @ PHNY so will be interested to see how they do from a year ago
unfortunately the Grand opening of The Ritz Carlton Nomad where I was also booked is delayed till July in its opening so the hotel canceled my booking
The Park Hyatt New York from day one never lived up its full brand promise compared to a number of other past and present Park Hyatts world wide.On the other hand the hotel has been pretty good to me in recent past if nothing has changed
Keeping my fingers crossed and enjoyed my last stay summer of 2021 most things considered

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; May 28, 22 at 11:19 am
Old Jun 1, 22, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Gertjaars View Post
Visiting a friend here for this memorial day weekend as she came for a quick getaway from San Fran. Shes a globalist, and I'm just reiterating what she said:

- This hotel continues to be a waste of points. The service they offer here, even for the elites/non-elite woh guests, is laughable
- no upgrade to suites even when suites are available to globalists. (paid upgrades offered at check in desk for $1K+ /night LMAO)
- clientele here are mainly: business travelers, guests booked on corporate rates/corporate groups, very few tourists.
- breakfast offerings are still bland compared to the other luxury hotels in this area.
- they will try to upcharge you for every single little thing. A 2 minute informative/suggestion talk with the PHNY concierge team ended with a "Miss, would you like to pay the $100 booking fee now or at checkout?". She didn't even agree or ask to book anything!

Echoing all the previous posts from the past 2 years, its pretty sad to say it's all true to May 2022. Stop wasting your points/$$$ at this property. This property is not "aspirational" as you see it on instagram, youtube, or the bloggers.
That's really sad to hear, I had a really good experience when I went last month. Got an upgrade to standard suite even though they were near full capacity. Came in with 2 other globalist tourists and saw several other obvious tourists so I didn't feel like it was overwhelmingly corporate clientele. Breakfast was really good - imo the best one out of the NY Hyatts I visited (PHNY, Thompson Central Park, Andaz 5th Ave). We ordered an extra entree and they still wiped it off. I didn't have them upcharge me anything and they were very good with explaining Globalist benefits. Obviously the service and vibe is not going to be like the more service oriented/aspirational resort properties but I felt that they were glad to help me with whatever I needed. I didn't care too much about the soft product anyways as the hard product is the best out of NY Hyatts.

At 40k I would probably only go on special occasions now when there are solid alternatives but at 30k I would go to PHNY any day no contest. They were just better compared to Andaz and the Thompson.
beachfan likes this.
Old Jun 1, 22, 2:05 pm

Posters Tripadvisor review /Is Noise now an issue with outside construction ?

Beware major construction next door; standard rooms are loud
The biggest issue with this hotel is noise. First, there is major construction on the building that is basically right next-door to the hotel. Every time you go out on 57th St., you walk next to a construction pit. I hear the sound of jackhammers constantly in my room. I am writing this review on Saturday morning - the sound of jackhammers filling your room is not a pleasant way to wake up.

The sound insulation in the rooms themselves is pretty terrible, which is surprising given the hotel is on the newer side. You can hear the opening and closing of the front door, which is very heavy and tends to slam, Extremely clearly in the rooms. Unfortunately, I have pretty active neighbors who go in and out of their room pretty often. If you have upstairs neighbors with a heavy step or loud shoes, you can hear that too.
TravelingChef and strickerj like this.

Last edited by Markie; Jun 1, 22 at 3:58 pm Reason: Copyright material may not be copied in full. Follow link for rest.
Old Jun 3, 22, 9:59 pm

Programs: WOH Glob
Wow so many strong feelings about this hotel in prior posts. I booked it on points for two nights, prior to the points change, for 30k per night.
I was with my two teen/young adult daughters. We planned two nights at Park South Hotel in Nomad and then two at PHNY.

We arrived for check in on sunday afternoon of mem day weekend (and weather was LOVELY). I had reserved a 1 king room on points, asked at desk if 2 double room available (would rather share with one kid than boot one to a rollaway). She found one such room available (tho did not reveal it was an ADA room)...OR offered me a paid upgrade to a "suite" though explained it was really just a room with an attached lounge area for $200 per night. I knew this was a standard suite upgrade being offered for $$ which isn't right but my teen kids are VERY uncomfortable with confrontation around hotel rooms and I didn't care enough to push it. So we went with the offered room. BTW, 8th floor at PHNY is just one floor above the lobby. Hotel foolery! Our room was city view and so looked out over carnegie hall (which was shrouded in construction drapes). Nothing wrong with the room. We REALLY enjoyed the heated bathroom floors and the soaker tub. They did offer 4pm glob checkout without any prompting. Full breakfast each morning comped (no deliv fee at all) and we kinda pushed it with orders for bowls of berries etc though we underordered in other areas so if you are really pushing the limits on all you might be unpleasantly surprised. I LOVED the lap pool with a view of the city and a very sweet lifeguard who brought me a bottled water when he heard me gasping for life between laps. The shower in the locker room was unreal--9 shower heads pointed at your body from different angles as well as the rainfall overhead. Luxury.
The only disappointment for me was that they clearly had standard suite upgrades available at my check in (I mean, they offered one to me for $200 per night) but we should really just be getting them as globs regardless.
wilywombat likes this.

Last edited by TIVAgal; Jun 4, 22 at 10:13 am
Old Jun 4, 22, 8:18 pm

Stayed 5 nights beginning 5/20. First two nights in a King Bedroom on points (30K). Last three nights in a Junior Suite on a Stay2Get1Night rate. That Junior Suite was immediately confirmed upgraded to a One Bedroom Suite care of Ourisman.

Day before checkin, I called to ask about upgrading first two nights to a One Bedroom Suite. Was quoted $400/night. Was also quoted $500/night for a Bryte One Bedroom Suite. I opted for the regular One Bedroom Suite so we wonít need to transfer for the last three nights.

At checkin, I was told the $400/night upgrade charge was for a Bryte One Bedroom Suite. I didnít complain. We also ended up staying in same suite for last three nights with no additional cost. The husband REALLY enjoyed the Bryte bed. Heís looking to purchase one now.

But I really have pains paying attention. It was only on our 4th day that I realized our 18/F unit had an actual view of Central Park. Of course it was only a sliver but it was a bigger sliver than what Rossano Ferretti had at the 25/F.

Hard product still top notch. Heated bathroom floors, washlet, elegant museum-like hallways. But please- do not use the corded phone in the half bath. Itís in a very prime position to fall straight into the throne. I was helping my 7 yo finish up his business one time, my elbow hit the phone, and down it went. Iím sure my experience was not the first.

Very attentive lifeguard who turned on hot tub as soon as I went in. Also handed water bottle. I showered at locker room more often than at our suite. It had 10 showerheads plus the handheld- so really 11. And no fumbling with the full sized Le Labos. Chilled towels at the fitness room- which never got busy.

Room service breakfast always good. We did a few late snacks as well and had no complaints.

We were able to use the house car twice as well. We didnít get to rent bikes but walked to Central Park quite a few times.

One night after dinner at Le Bernardin, we decided on a nightcap at the Living Room bar. We asked for Hennessey Paradis which our bartender couldnít find (he said it was only his second day working there). Within minutes, two other folks came over and brought bottle over. It was in a locked cabinet.

Would we stay here again? Yes, but weíre not looking to be back in Manhattan anytime soon.
Old Jun 10, 22, 10:24 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Accor Diamond; GHA Black; SLH Indulged; IHG Plat Amb
I have reviewed PH NYC in detail in the past so no need for another in-depth review, but a few comments regarding our latest stay:

- We were staying at StR NYC and intended to walk to PH NYC when our room was ready. I asked the hotel ahead of time if they could call me to inform us when our room was ready for potentially early check-in, but I did not get a response. On the day of arrival I checked in online and requested 11am arrival time. Later that morning I called the hotel to ask them to call me when the room was available because we could come over before our daughter had her late morning nap and I did not want to walk to PH only to find out a room was not ready. I knew the hotel was high occupancy. I was told that I needed to come to the hotel first to check-in and only after that would they call me to let me know when my room was ready. Their stance did not start the stay on the right foot.
- We put our daughter to sleep at StR and I went to PH alone at 11am. Turns out they were able to give me a room right away.
- The hotel was fully booked so I did not expect any upgrade but nonetheless I received a modest upgrade to what I believe is a room on a higher floor. The room was smaller than the studio traditionally given as Globalist suite upgrade but being on a higher floor it was brighter due to having less shade from the building in front. Consequently it is one hotel where missing out on a suite upgrade is not a huge deal considering the non-suites are quite spacious to begin with.
- At least one guest in our party was fully pleased with the service at this PH and saw no issue whatsoever When a manager saw us near the elevators he went in the back to get a squirrel with a PH NYC branded scarf - a lovely gift!

Old Jun 10, 22, 10:51 am

That's great, I used to love all the stuffed animals my son got when he was that size! Glad you had a nice stay.
escape4 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 22, 10:23 pm

What no PHNY bears? say it ain't so!
escape4 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 22, 11:38 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Accor Diamond; GHA Black; SLH Indulged; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound View Post
What no PHNY bears? say it ain't so!
I am not looking forward to the day I come face to face with a bear in Central Park A squirrel I can manage
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 12, 22, 11:47 am

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/AUA/MIA/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
I am not looking forward to the day I come face to face with a bear in Central Park A squirrel I can manage
But the grizzlies at the Central Park Zoo are so cute!
Those squirrels on the other hand will bite your little toe off and then laugh at you. Be careful what you wish for!!
Old Jun 15, 22, 4:56 am

Checked in last night and was given a paper with glob benefits. It specifically said in room dining is limited to one of the four complete meals or 1 entree and drink in the restaurant. Is this new or always been the case?
Old Jun 15, 22, 5:45 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cubs87 View Post
Checked in last night and was given a paper with glob benefits. It specifically said in room dining is limited to one of the four complete meals or 1 entree and drink in the restaurant. Is this new or always been the case?
Should be juice AND coffee if they're going back to T&C breakfast conditions.
Old Jun 15, 22, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
Should be juice AND coffee if they're going back to T&C breakfast conditions.
We stayed last weekend and received a similar paper at check-in. We ordered room service with two complete breakfasts, 2 juices, 2 hot beverages, plus one large side (fruit), and one cold beverage. I wasn't expecting them to cover the two extra items, but they completely wiped off all charges which I thought was very nice of them.

We booked a premium suite using points pre-category change and got upgraded another level to the one-bedroom residential suite prior to check in as a Globalist. Loved everything about our room/stay and it was quite the step up over our last stay at a Park Hyatt New York 18 years ago at the former Stanhope as a newly minted Diamond not long before it shut down.

platbrownguy and aramk like this.

Search this Thread