Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2022, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by spgplat21
Nothing will kill the valentine's mood faster than you haggling with or complaining to the front desk about an upgrade. Not to say I've never done it, but be smarter than the rest of us.
Har! You can ask Shane and Rachel Patton in "The White Lotus" how that turned out.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
+1. Heck, if it's a Valentine's Day thing, you shouldn't need extra rooms in a big suite anyhow...

If you want to game anything, I'd plan to arrive right smack at 4:00 p.m. -- that way if your room isn't yet ready right yet, which is likely, they'll give you a big fat bar tab to run up while you wait.
Lol we'll be working on vday and wanted the extra room...and also wanted to take advantage of probably the only time I'll ever have status
Old Feb 3, 2022, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by aduma
wanted to take advantage of probably the only time I'll ever have status
you and literally 100 other guests at the same hotel the same weekend!
Old Feb 3, 2022, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
you and literally 100 other guests at the same hotel the same weekend!
Yeah, but some folks are even more special!

David
Old Feb 4, 2022, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
Yeah, but some folks are even more special!

David
I'm fake globalist so I'm not that special. I ended up biting the bullet and doing Saturday and Sunday in standard room and then vday booked a suite. Ugh I feel gross...but it's all free so I guess there's that
Old Feb 4, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I'm fake globalist so I'm not that special. I ended up biting the bullet and doing Saturday and Sunday in standard room and then vday booked a suite. Ugh I feel gross...but it's all free so I guess there's that
Assuming you did 60k for a premium suite, it's a great use of points. It's a beautiful room that isn't ordinarily available to the points masses.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 4:31 pm

Assuming you did 60k for a premium suite, it's a great use of points. It's a beautiful room that isn't ordinarily available to the points masses.
Yea used the points, hoping maybe they upgrade my first two days so I don't have to move rooms assuming they have availability. Really though we are teleworking Monday and Tuesday so with a late checkout on Tuesday we're spending two full days in the room and the going rate right now is $1800+ so 3 cents per point I feel like is solid value
Old Feb 6, 2022, 5:11 pm

Yea used the points, hoping maybe they upgrade my first two days so I don't have to move rooms assuming they have availability. Really though we are teleworking Monday and Tuesday so with a late checkout on Tuesday we're spending two full days in the room and the going rate right now is $1800+ so 3 cents per point I feel like is solid value
I wouldn't count on getting upgraded to a premium room unless you get really lucky. (I hope you do!) I bet they do offer an up sell to the 1 bedroom though. It's a beautiful room.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 6:29 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Had another points stay here as a Globalist, 60k points for the City View suite, which was going for $1900. No Carnegie suite upgrade for us . Got a lower floor (14), facing south, which isn't that big of a deal since the park view on the north side is really only a sliver. Breakfast for 3 of us in the Living Room came out to 200+ with tax/tip (!!!!) but it was all comped except for the gratuity (technically they will only cover 1 hot entree, 1 hot beverage, and 1 cold beverage for up to 2 people, but may cover more at their own discretion).

2 of the 3 treadmills in the gym aren't working, so not many cardio options. Pool wasn't crowded. Valet service is much faster this time (last time we stayed in April, it took them an hour to bring the car around). They still won't bring a copy of the NY Times to your room becuase of "COVID", but they'll bring you room service meals -- makes no sense, but whatever.

Overall, service has improved a bit since the hotel reopened, though they maintain the same polite indifference to Globalists, particularly on point redemptions, as they always have. No matter though -- the stay was very good. We'll be back, like always.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Tonyr4
I wouldn't count on getting upgraded to a premium room unless you get really lucky. (I hope you do!) I bet they do offer an up sell to the 1 bedroom though. It's a beautiful room.
I'm wondering, has anyone tried slipping the check in desk a $20 ala Vegas when asking for a Globalist upgrade?
Old Feb 6, 2022, 10:20 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
I'm wondering, has anyone tried slipping the check in desk a $20 ala Vegas when asking for a Globalist upgrade?
That is so cringy.....

The only question is whether it debases you more than the person you're attempting to bribe....

Last edited by porciuscato; Feb 7, 2022 at 11:08 am
Old Feb 6, 2022, 10:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Delete

Last edited by SHLTP; Feb 7, 2022 at 2:29 am
Old Feb 6, 2022, 10:26 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Tell me you're not getting an upgrade, without telling me you're not getting an upgrade.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by porciuscato
That is so cringy.....

They only question is whether it debases you more than the person you're attempting to bribe....
Dang, I've done this several times in Vegas and always received an upgrade, didn't realize it was so frowned upon elsewhere
Old Feb 7, 2022, 4:08 am

Dang, I've done this several times in Vegas and always received an upgrade, didn't realize it was so frowned upon elsewhere
Really bad

When you check in, ask how much it would cost to upgrade so that you can stay in the same 1 bedroom suite the whole weekend. If you get lucky, it might be as low as $250/night. Unless you're a total deadbeat, that's a great deal and worth taking.

And of course, if you get really really lucky, you might just get it given to you. But almost certainly not if you go in there asking for a freebie (or far worse, trying a bribe; this ain't the Excalibur. LOL)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.