Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2021, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by dval44
-
- I tipped the front staff a $20 when I got here at 3pm hoping, but not expecting, for a further upgrade. I didn't say a word and just gave it to her when she took my bags. I did not ask for anything, and did not get anything FWIW.
"And what kind of room could you provide for...Mr. Jackson?"
Old Oct 24, 2021, 12:04 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by js1993
“Always” seems excessive, especially for anyone with status. Unless the hotel is sold out the night before, you’re throwing money away. Even at PHNY, I believe I’ve checked in before noon every time I’ve stayed there.
I don’t consider my ability to rest, sleep or shower throwing money away. What you choose during your travel is your choice.

Prebooking the night prior is more common amongst luxury travellers than you think. In fact, at the Park Hyatt Sydney it is a common request despite the cost in excess of $1000 a night.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 4:24 am

Thanks for everyone that chimed in to answer my question. We always take red eye flight when flying from Seattle to NYC and we were able to get our room when arrive early in the morning/before 12pm in the past (we got our room before 11am at Andaz 5th and 8-9am at Hyatt Regency New Jersey, was able to get a bonus breakfast at the restaurant as well). It is our first time staying at Park Hyatt NY, so not sure if Park Hyatt NY would do the same since it is more "posh." Hyatt Twitter representative did say the night before our arrival day looks pretty open at this moment, so crossing our fingers that we can get our room before noon.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 8:51 am

Worth mentioning here as it happened two mornings in a row for us that the service at breakfast was quite bad. Not “bad for a park Hyatt” but would be noticeably bad at a diner.

There must be some issue with staffing or something at the tables were about 30% occupied and staff were struggling mightily.

There is one gentleman who is very good - a fellow with glasses and a shaved head. He successfully “rescued” us last time and we left with a good impression, though unfortunately this time was worse and we were not in his section.

- both mornings, it took over 10 minutes from the time we were seated until we were approached by any staff for water/coffee.

- the waiter we had today, a burly fellow, maybe Eastern European, said a total of about 4 words to us. “Drinks?” To start. Then “food.” Each time we needed something we had to physically waive him down as he never checked on us.

Anyways, given it was two in a row, I’d opt for room service next time.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by dval44
Worth mentioning here as it happened two mornings in a row for us that the service at breakfast was quite bad. Not “bad for a park Hyatt” but would be noticeably bad at a diner.

There must be some issue with staffing or something at the tables were about 30% occupied and staff were struggling mightily.

There is one gentleman who is very good - a fellow with glasses and a shaved head. He successfully “rescued” us last time and we left with a good impression, though unfortunately this time was worse and we were not in his section.

- both mornings, it took over 10 minutes from the time we were seated until we were approached by any staff for water/coffee.

- the waiter we had today, a burly fellow, maybe Eastern European, said a total of about 4 words to us. “Drinks?” To start. Then “food.” Each time we needed something we had to physically waive him down as he never checked on us.

Anyways, given it was two in a row, I’d opt for room service next time.

Not for nothing but my recent stay at the PH Vienna I had to flag down staff if I wanted something. I think the attitude is more like take your time and we're not going to rush you. But I could be mistaken.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 5:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
3 Night Stay at Park Hyatt NYC

We finally got to try a Park Hyatt in the USA, we've been booked at the Chicago Park Hyatt 2x and canceled both times thanks to Covid-19 punting events...

We mostly had a wonderful time. We were staying on a cat 1-7 cert and points and we were upgraded to a park view room and the room was ready around noon when we arrived.

I took pictures, they are in my albums - site doesn't seem to want me to post them inline. We went to breakfast around 8-9am - both times we were greeted quickly and had no issues getting breakfast. There is an automatic 18% added - which the font desk called gratuity - it was not taken off until I asked for it to be taken off. When asked they removed it with no problems.

We were in room 1902 and there was a view between two buildings of the park. The room was plenty big and we enjoyed the amenities. There is a 2 lane pool - we went swimming and it was fine. Not as nice as hotels in Japan, but better then some of the USA Hyatt pools.

We had dinner at Per Se and attended 2 Broadway shows - the location was great for both. It's also close to shopping on Madison Ave and a number of other restaurants.

I'd gladly stay here again and likely will next time we go to NYC, I doubt it'll take another 8 years.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I also was there this weekend, and enjoyed it. Cash upgrade to suite on two cat 1-7 certs and one regular award night.

I loved the hard product as expected. Loved the pool. More conveniently located than I realized do to multiple subway lines within a block.

Service was as warned. best and funniest (with hindsight) example
Breakfast order includes one grapefruit juice and one pomegranate juice but get two pomegranate juices.
Call down and explain, promised a prompt delivery of grapefruit juice.
In a few minutes, receive orange juice not grapefruit juice.
Call down and explain, promised a prompt delivery of grapefruit juice.
In a few more minutes, receive a second orange juice not grapefruit juice.
Call again, third time works.
Upon checkout, I see a lunch charge of $26. I mention I didn't order lunch, what is the charge?
Front desk says "it says here you ordered a glass of orange juice".

The one disappointment was breakfast quality. Eggs were fine but smoked salmon slightly better than I would expect at the Sheraton, and nothing like what I would get prepandemic at the Andaz. A trip to Murray's on the UWS gave me my smoked salmon (and sturgeion) fix. Jams were ok, a company I like (Bonne Maman) but not luxe. Patries just ok and not the quality of the ones in the Living Room. Presentation and setup was deluxe, but food cost is being kept low for a luxury hotel.
steveholt and strickerj like this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 9:19 am

There are inconsistent reports here about which suites qualify as standard for TSU purposes. The web site lists only the "King Bed Suite" as standard. It lists the Studio Suites as neither standard or premium although they are smaller than the King Bed Suite. I asked the concierge and they said only the "Junior Suite" is standard, which isn't listed on the web site (maybe this is a former designation?). Does anyone know the definitive answer on this or the contact person at the hotel to answer it?
Old Nov 4, 2021, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by redbirdsj
There are inconsistent reports here about which suites qualify as standard for TSU purposes. The web site lists only the "King Bed Suite" as standard. It lists the Studio Suites as neither standard or premium although they are smaller than the King Bed Suite. I asked the concierge and they said only the "Junior Suite" is standard, which isn't listed on the web site (maybe this is a former designation?). Does anyone know the definitive answer on this or the contact person at the hotel to answer it?
The "junior suite" = "king bed suite" -- not sure why the "studio" is smaller & higher-priced though (haven't stayed in that room, to my knowledge).
WasKnown likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 1:08 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Boy, I'm a dolt. Just checked in and realized there is a Chromecast option - it's hidden behind "Staycast".
Old Nov 12, 2021, 9:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
I know it's in the eye of the beholder, but Is the 1BR City View Suite worth upgrading to if I'm already in the Junior Suite for one night on points + a TSU? I'd rather spend $300 than use +30K points but either way. Haven't booked yet and trying to figure out whether to splurge for the one night.

My feeling is that the Junior Suite is just not that inspiring.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by joachimm
I know it's in the eye of the beholder, but Is the 1BR City View Suite worth upgrading to if I'm already in the Junior Suite for one night on points + a TSU? I'd rather spend $300 than use +30K points but either way. Haven't booked yet and trying to figure out whether to splurge for the one night.

I would just make do with a Jr Suite for one night.
joachimm likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by joachimm

I would do the paid upgrade to the City View Suite. I don't visit NYC that often and I think it would be worthwhile.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 2:53 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I would do the paid upgrade to the City View Suite. I don't visit NYC that often and I think it would be worthwhile.
Just to set expectations, the PH City View site does not offer sweeping views of the NYC skyline or anything like that. You will probably get a sliver of Central Park and views of other nearby buildings. The proper foyer is nice but probably more meaningful on a longer stay. Could be worth it depending on the person.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 4:16 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Looks like the City View Suite has a window in the bathroom - personally, this really ups the wow factor of the room.

I'm here in a City View King (managed to get this upgrade even though the hotel is sold out online) right now that has a window in the bathroom and that "sliver" park view. I am really enjoying it, and the natural light is very nice.

I also deeply appreciated the property sending up some chocolate-covered strawberries, large Voss waters, and a bottle of Pinot Noir for my birthday.
iluvdoco and strickerj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.