Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2021, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
"Can I get a 5am breakfast? I know it's before the restaurant opens, but I'm a Globalist"

It was me!!
We got breakfast @ 5 AM because both my Giraffe and I are both Globalists!
And they know who we are
Small world!

Sorry for evesdropping haha
Old Oct 22, 2021, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dval44

- As another observation, when I was slinking around the lobby working on my computer from 3pm - 4pm when my room was ready, every *single* guest checking in was a Globalist. Overheard:

"Can I get a 5am breakfast? I know it's before the restaurant opens, but I'm a Globalist"

"Are there any upgrades available, I'm a Globalist" - heard 5X
Hopefully when Hyatt goes back to their regularly scheduled program (60 nights for Globalist), in 2023 that problem of "every single" guest being a Glob will disappear.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 6:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
We got breakfast @ 5 AM because both my Giraffe and I are both Globalists!
And they know who we are
Did they have a suite for your giraffe?
59Impala likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Kacee
Did they have a suite for your giraffe?
Old Oct 23, 2021, 6:21 am

Hi,

We have a red eye flight coming in to NYC and booked 3 award nights at Park Hyatt NYC. What are the chances that we will receive our room before 9am (our flight arrive NYC at 6am)? If our room is not ready, does Park Hyatt NYC normally give a day room for guests to stay temporary then switch to our room when it is ready (or is this something we could request in advance)? Also, does Park Hyatt NYC normally extend the Globalist breakfast to guests arrive that early in the morning as a courtesy? Just wondering if we might have a better chance to get the room that early in the morning in Andaz 5th instead?

(Hyatt Regency New Jersey was able to give us our room when we arrived early in the morning so we were able to take a short nap. HR New Jersey also extended Globalist breakfast that morning when we visited a couple of years ago)

Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2021, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bunny425
Hi,

We have a red eye flight coming in to NYC and booked 3 award nights at Park Hyatt NYC. What are the chances that we will receive our room before 9am (our flight arrive NYC at 6am)? If our room is not ready, does Park Hyatt NYC normally give a day room for guests to stay temporary then switch to our room when it is ready (or is this something we could request in advance)? Also, does Park Hyatt NYC normally extend the Globalist breakfast to guests arrive that early in the morning as a courtesy? Just wondering if we might have a better chance to get the room that early in the morning in Andaz 5th instead?

(Hyatt Regency New Jersey was able to give us our room when we arrived early in the morning so we were able to take a short nap. HR New Jersey also extended Globalist breakfast that morning when we visited a couple of years ago)

Thanks!
You probably don’t want to hear this but you should consider booking the night before to get the room ASAP. It’s all going to depend on occupancy and their generosity.
Theicom and Kacee like this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:22 am

Hi,

Thanks!
For reasonably early check in (like 1pm), the app is pretty good at giving you options. I.e. “These lower tier rooms are ready now, or you can wait til 4pm for your room.”

I think you can reasonably expect that they will accommodate you at 1pm or 2pm if they have the capacity, though you should go in prepared for not seeing a room/shower until 4pm.

I do not think they’ll comp your breakfast as it’s based on # of nights. Though I did get this comped at Hyatt Key West

Last edited by dval44; Oct 23, 2021 at 8:30 am
Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Aventine
You probably don’t want to hear this but you should consider booking the night before to get the room ASAP. It’s all going to depend on occupancy and their generosity.
I've done this a couple of times when on vacation with P2. Totally worth it, plus get breakfast.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 9:05 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
If our room is not ready, does Park Hyatt NYC normally give a day room for guests to stay temporary then switch to our room when it is ready (or is this something we could request in advance)?
Sure, if you reserve and pay for the room the night before, as others have noted. Otherwise I don't know any hotel anywhere that does this as a matter of course.
Just wondering if we might have a better chance to get the room that early in the morning in Andaz 5th instead?
There is no reason to expect early morning check-in odds would be any better at Andaz 5th.

At both of these properties it is not uncommon for check-in time to stretch past the published hour (4 pm) due to Globalists utilizing their late check-out.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 9:17 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Hi,

Thanks!
Unless the night before was very busy, you have a good chance of getting a room by 11:00 am. I doubt they’ll give you a day room unless you’re a big spender there or VIP. An extra free breakfast** is almost undoubtedly a no, but you should be allowed to use one of your breakfast credits that day, although you might not have a room number to charge it to when you sit down. (Might be a good way and good place to kill time from your 9:00 am arrival to the estimated 11:00 am check-in.)

** I’ve had this happen at places with a lounge or buffet, but not at a place like PHNY where you get a per-night credit.

Originally Posted by Happy Traveling Consultant
I've done this a couple of times when on vacation with P2. Totally worth it, plus get breakfast.
Maybe for a 4:00 am arrival, but $500+ to get into a room a couple hours early?
Old Oct 23, 2021, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by js1993
Maybe for a 4:00 am arrival, but $500+ to get into a room a couple hours early?
Yep, and it's not necessarily "a couple hours." I've more than once had to wait past 4 pm for a room (including at Andaz 5th). It's not at all uncommon, especially, for example, in NYC during busy periods. Having to kill 8+ hours on the street following a red-eye arrival is brutal.

As a matter of course I now either book a room for the night before if I'm arriving on the red-eye or contact the property in advance to confirm an early check-in (mostly in Asia, where they tend to be much more accommodating; in the US, you'll mostly get "sorry, we can't confirm check-in prior to the published time").
Old Oct 23, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yep, and it's not necessarily "a couple hours." I've more than once had to wait past 4 pm for a room (including at Andaz 5th). It's not at all uncommon, especially, for example, in NYC during busy periods. Having to kill 8+ hours on the street following a red-eye arrival is brutal.

As a matter of course I now either book a room for the night before if I'm arriving on the red-eye or contact the property in advance to confirm an early check-in (mostly in Asia, where they tend to be much more accommodating; in the US, you'll mostly get "sorry, we can't confirm check-in prior to the published time").
Right. Checking the prior night’s inventory is key.

The app was a bit of a game-changer here. If it was up to PHNY, I’m sure they’d be stingy, but the in-app check-in takes it out of their hands to a certain extent.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Maybe for a 4:00 am arrival, but $500+ to get into a room a couple hours early?[/QUOTE]
Used points and it wasn't a couple of hours. We arrived between 8 and 9 at hotels like the Parks in Milan and Sydney. Obviously YMMV as to value, but for our vacation, it was worth it to not lose a day dragging.

When we are spending thousands of dollars and hundreds of thousands in points to fly J and stay in great hotels, not going to start off without doing that. Get a shower, a great breakfast and can get settled.

Last edited by Happy Traveling Consultant; Oct 23, 2021 at 10:13 am
Old Oct 23, 2021, 4:10 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Unless you’ve booked Privč with a confirmed early check in time, always prebook the night before.

If not, be prepared to wait until official check in time. The app does not change when the hotel allocates your room for check in, it’s simply a request.

Of course you may get lucky but my comfort on arrival is far more important than cost, especially after 21+ hours of flying.
Kacee likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Unless you’ve booked Privč with a confirmed early check in time, always prebook the night before.
“Always” seems excessive, especially for anyone with status. Unless the hotel is sold out the night before, you’re throwing money away. Even at PHNY, I believe I’ve checked in before noon every time I’ve stayed there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.