FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt information for families (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1601740-hyatt-information-families.html)

thucanhho Aug 10, 2014 11:05 am

Hyatt information for families

I’ve read countless posts and have not found much for families. I’m new to this and have already received a few PMs from families. Please add to this wiki to help other families. Please add what info you would want to know other than the following:
DSU to true vs junior suites?
Is a family plan available? (Family plan can be booked when the 1st room is booked using points or cash & point)
# allowed in standard room, do suites have 2 beds (double/ queens), pool?
Kid’s club?
Does rollaway fit in bedroom? I care about this, others may not.

I included the wiki from the official DSU thread
Please list under respective state/country
DISCLAIMER: please double check all information for accuracy before you book

PLEASE PUT YOUR EXPERIENCE IN THE ABOVE WIKI BY CLICKING "EDIT" AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER OF THE WIKI THANKS! YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 90 POSTS TO BE ABLE TO EDIT. THANKS

ZBigFam Aug 10, 2014 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by thucanhho (Post 23340399)
I’ve read countless posts and have not found much for families. I’m new to this and have already received a few PMs from families. Please add to this wiki to help other families. Please add what info you would want to know other than the following:
DSU to true vs junior suites?
Is a family plan available?
# allowed in standard room, do suites have 2 beds (double/ queens), pool?
Kid’s club?
Does rollaway fit in bedroom? I care about this, others may not.

I included the wiki from the official DSU thread
Please list under respective state/country
DISCLAIMER: please double check all information for accuracy before you book

{Edit - removed listing after copying over to the Wiki}

Wow thanks this is great info. I will update as I can. Am interested about the family plan.

peter42 Aug 11, 2014 12:18 am

@Berlin:New Grand Suite is not a real suite! Pool:yes
@Köln: Regency Suite, Pool yes
@Düsseldorf: Regency Suite, Pool no
@Hamburg: Park Suite, Pool yes

@Coconut Point:Bay Suite
@Grand Cypress: Executive suite
@Andaz San Diego: Andaz Suite, not a real suite, pool yes
@Huntington Beach: SoCal Suite

thucanhho Aug 11, 2014 7:01 am

Originally Posted by peter42 (Post 23343135)
@Berlin:New Grand Suite is not a real suite! Pool:yes
@Köln: Regency Suite, Pool yes
@Düsseldorf: Regency Suite, Pool no
@Hamburg: Park Suite, Pool yes

@Coconut Point:Bay Suite
@Grand Cypress: Executive suite
@Andaz San Diego: Andaz Suite, not a real suite, pool yes
@Huntington Beach: SoCal Suite

Can you add to the wiki by clicking "edit wiki." I can't do it until I've made 90 posts. Thanks so much for your info.

thucanhho Aug 11, 2014 7:19 am

Originally Posted by ZBigFam (Post 23343034)
Wow thanks this is great info. I will update as I can. Am interested about the family plan.

I actually included the request for info on the family plan for you and your family of 8, "bro"! I only used it at PH DC ($125 to add a room with 2 beds to the park executive suite was AWESOME) but peteropny commented in a PM that “I know that many (most?) properties offer a family plan where the 2nd room is 50% off.” I would like to see if other members know which properties these are, otherwise, you should inquire with each hotel every time you book for your family.

bdemaria Aug 11, 2014 7:36 am

Hill Country Hyatt, San Antonio, Texas:
- DSU to True Suite, suites are king bed only
- Family plan sometimes available
- Pool, water slide, wave surf machine,
- Rollaway will fit, sofabed in living room
- Kids Club
- Regency club
- Kids eat free at buffet w/parents

Hyatt Lost Pines, Bastop/Austin, Texas
- DSU to True Suite, suites are king bed only
- Pool, water slide, lazy river
- Rollaway will fit, sofabed in living room
- Kids Club

Hyatt Regency Indian Wells, Indian Wells, California
- DSU to True Suite, not sure about king v. double
- multiple swimming pools
- Rollaway will fit
- Kids Club

ZBigFam Aug 11, 2014 8:11 am

Originally Posted by thucanhho (Post 23344262)
I actually included the request for info on the family plan for you and your family of 8, "bro"! I only used it at PH DC ($125 to add a room with 2 beds to the park executive suite was AWESOME) but peteropny commented in a PM that “I know that many (most?) properties offer a family plan where the 2nd room is 50% off.” I would like to see if other members know which properties these are, otherwise, you should inquire with each hotel every time you book for your family.

Thanks "bro"! lol

Does anyone know if you can book a family plan room when the other room was booked on points and cash?

jandmmom Aug 11, 2014 11:07 am

Great idea! Thanks for starting this!

sam_goh Aug 11, 2014 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam (Post 23344513)
Thanks "bro"! lol

Does anyone know if you can book a family plan room when the other room was booked on points and cash?

Yes. You can also if the main room is points only.

kmcbrid2 Aug 12, 2014 6:42 am

updated for my stays. Think should further define true suite. For me I want a suite that has a seperate bed room from the living. I want to be able to close a door between the bedroom and the living.

Also for the family rate plan the rooms must be connecting and I believe the childern must be below 12. This has been my experince in S.E. Asia.

ENIAC Dec 10, 2014 2:33 pm

Reviving this thread.

I tried to use the family plan for the first time, to add additional rooms at Hyatt Indian Wells (former HGC) and Hyatt Huntington Beach later this month. The good news is that it's available and really is half off the prevailing rate, currently about $75 at Indian Wells and $100 at Huntington Beach (though no discount on the resort fees).

The bad news is that I'd already DSU'd those reservations, and they can't guarantee connecting rooms for a suite, or even adjacent rooms in the same part of the hotel. Thus I gave up on the idea.

So at least at those two properties the family plan and DSU are both great options, but hard to combine to produce a two bedroom suite. The agent wasn't really clear about whether those suite types actually don't connect or if they just don't want to allocate me to a specific connecting suite in case that blocks out something someone might pay for.

peteropny Dec 10, 2014 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by ENIAC (Post 23975823)
Reviving this thread.

I tried to use the family plan for the first time, to add additional rooms at Hyatt Indian Wells (former HGC) and Hyatt Huntington Beach later this month. The good news is that it's available and really is half off the prevailing rate, currently about $75 at Indian Wells and $100 at Huntington Beach (though no discount on the resort fees).

The bad news is that I'd already DSU'd those reservations, and they can't guarantee connecting rooms for a suite, or even adjacent rooms in the same part of the hotel. Thus I gave up on the idea.

So at least at those two properties the family plan and DSU are both great options, but hard to combine to produce a two bedroom suite. The agent wasn't really clear about whether those suite types actually don't connect or if they just don't want to allocate me to a specific connecting suite in case that blocks out something someone might pay for.

If you really want two rooms (one being a suite and one being another connecting room), I would go ahead and make the reservation and then contact the property rooms department to put in your request for the configuration you want - they should be able to tell you if that configuration is possible and whether they can block it for you and confirm it - it's really beyond the expectation of central reservations to be able to do this for you.

ENIAC Dec 10, 2014 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 23975870)
If you really want two rooms (one being a suite and one being another connecting room), I would go ahead and make the reservation and then contact the property rooms department to put in your request for the configuration you want - they should be able to tell you if that configuration is possible and whether they can block it for you and confirm it - it's really beyond the expectation of central reservations to be able to do this for you.

I'd suggested this to the diamond line agent, but she claimed that the property would also be unable to block anything at this point. Perhaps a case of hang up, try again. Though at these hotels the suites are pretty big even without an extra room so I'll probably just stick with the suite.

jerryhze Dec 19, 2014 1:47 am

Is it required to have a kid in the 2nd room to use this discount? Or, is it possible to book 2 rooms for all adults using this discount?

Stewie Mac Dec 19, 2014 2:29 am

Originally Posted by jerryhze (Post 24022150)
Is it required to have a kid in the 2nd room to use this discount?

Yes

Originally Posted by jerryhze (Post 24022150)
Or, is it possible to book 2 rooms for all adults using this discount?

No. It's supposed to help out families with kids.