Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Residence Club REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Residence Club REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2016, 9:12 pm
She

Received a new offer today - $1495/5 nights in a 2 bedroom suite + 10,000 points
Stay through March 31 2017

Any idea if they will extend it? Hoping to go next July
Old May 18, 2016, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone been through the 90minute presentation here for these 5nt/$1500 offers? Is it high-pressure?
Old May 19, 2016, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by chexfan
Has anyone been through the 90minute presentation here for these 5nt/$1500 offers? Is it high-pressure?
I did it in March. She let us go after about 50 minutes once it was clear we weren't interested and she never brought in the finance person. I would definitely recommend taking advantage of the offer if you are able.
Old May 19, 2016, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chexfan
No - i left after about 20 min once it became obvious it wasnt a good fit.
Old May 20, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I just booked this for a September stay. Total charge is $1695 after taxes. According to the rep, we won't incur any parking or resort fee charges - the above total includes everything.

One thing that had me worried was that the fine print said the price is higher for a weekend stay. But any 5 day stay includes at least one weekend night (depending on your definition of weekend night, I guess). Anyway the price didn't change.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: Delta PM. SPG Platinum. Hyatt Diamond. National Exec. Southwest A+ & CP.
Can anyone comment on how strict are their terms and conditions? I'm $5,000 short of their income requirement and am not a homeowner lol?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by canon5dfan
Can anyone comment on how strict are their terms and conditions? I'm $5,000 short of their income requirement and am not a homeowner lol?
I did a San Antonio Hyatt Residence recently... they didn't "appear" to do any background checks.. It would probably only be a problem if you actually said "yes" to their offer during the sales pitch.. Other than that, it's perhaps just a harmless lie...??

Though, I'd not recommend doing it.. as $299/night w/o meeting their requirements is probably not a sensible vacation, honestly... Check AirBNB.com.. you can do much better.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:26 pm

I got this offer for 5 nights for $1495 plus a $100 gift card to spend for 2 bedroom, 2 bath oceanfront suite..

I am not sure how many can stay in the room...its me, mrs and a 12 yrs old daughter...are they all included ? What if I want to take my parents with me?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kyoo
Though, I'd not recommend doing it.. as $299/night w/o meeting their requirements is probably not a sensible vacation, honestly... Check AirBNB.com.. you can do much better.
Unlikely - $299 all in is an amazing price for an oceanfront 2 br of this quality.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
I got this offer for 5 nights for $1495 plus a $100 gift card to spend for 2 bedroom, 2 bath oceanfront suite..

I am not sure how many can stay in the room...its me, mrs and a 12 yrs old daughter...are they all included ? What if I want to take my parents with me?
Yes - 2 br occupancy is 6 iirc. Take gp points instead of $100 - better value imho.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 12:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Can anyone confirm if you will get night and stay status when you use one of these offers? I would love to take advantage, but I really need the night credit toward re-earning Diamond status for next year. Appreciate any responses, thanks!
Old Jul 3, 2016, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jkjetsetters
Can anyone confirm if you will get night and stay status when you use one of these offers? I would love to take advantage, but I really need the night credit toward re-earning Diamond status for next year. Appreciate any responses, thanks!
Yes on two occasions
Old Jul 3, 2016, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
Yes on two occasions
Hmm interesting, thanks. We did an offer at the HR Maui back in August 2014 & at the time I thought it counted towards my HGP nights/stays but looking back at it now it shows 0 eligible nights. I wonder if they started counting them in 2015 or something.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
Yes on two occasions
We just called to check some availability & asked if we would get HGP stay/night credit and the agent said absolutely not, only points and the bonus points that come with the promotion. He said since there's already such a discount on the room rates they can't give the stay/night credit. My husband asked if there was anyone he could talk to about flexibility on this & the agent insisted there's no flexibility.

Are you positive you got stay/night credit for your stay(s) on these offers, and not just the points for them? If you did, maybe you got lucky, unless someone else chimes in that they got the credit too.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes - stay night and promo credits posted just like any regular stay but quite possibly this is ymmv. If they dont there is probably no recourse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.