Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Residence Club REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Residence Club REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2015, 1:03 am

Thumbs up

Just got back from the targeted offer, pretty much echo the previous posters. This is an exceptional property with very high-end finishes.

As others have also mentioned, the time share pitch was very low key/low pressure. When my consultant asked me about my typical travel itinerary it was pretty clear I wasn't a fit, and I would have been out of there in 15 minutes had I not been more curious (we even talked about other loyalty programs a bit).

The 2 BR units on the top floor were going anywhere from $60-80k, depending on season, plus a yearly $2500 maintenance fee. I had trouble grasping the economics, but based on the price sheet the not so pleasant finance person showed me, they appear to be selling, so to each their own.

The only negative complaint I had would be against valet. The staff themselves were very pleasant, unfortunately, they were just understaffed. Make sure you call ahead at least 15-20 minutes if you don't want to wait. I also noticed several dings on the rental SUV throughout the stay, likely caused by valet.

If we were to stay in Kaanapali Beach again, this definitely becomes our go to property (especially over the HR next door).

I included some photos of the unit from our trip.

View from lanai

Master BR

Master BA

[u]Living Room

Kitchen

Laundry

Second BR

Second BA

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Hi,
I have a reservation in one of the 2 bedroom suites. we have 5 adults and an infant. The paper say 2 adults and 4 kids is OK, wonder if anyone get in any difficulty with checking in with 5 adults? Also, couldn't find anywhere about parking fee, is there one? Thanks
Old Jul 25, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by Peter_Ng
Hi,
I have a reservation in one of the 2 bedroom suites. we have 5 adults and an infant. The paper say 2 adults and 4 kids is OK, wonder if anyone get in any difficulty with checking in with 5 adults? Also, couldn't find anywhere about parking fee, is there one? Thanks
I don't think you'll find too many who have tried to check in with 5 adults. But if you can pull it off why not.
It will be an inspiration for others to try checking in with 6 adults.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I dont think you have to show how many ppl you have at check in but iirc occupancy for 2 br is actually either 6 or 8 - there are two kings and a big sofabed (and quite possibly there are rooms with doubles). 5 adults should not feel too crowded there.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 10:53 pm

Thank you so much for sharing xiKiNGix, beautiful pics. Any chance this property will be available on points soon? I'm sure it can't be reserved with the Hyatt card two night spending bonus certificates?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by milemonkey
I received the same $199/night for 5 nights offer. However, I called and asked if there was a possibility of using the offer in February/March 2016. The rep left me a VM saying there was no availability then.

Anyone have any luck in booking into 2016 with this offer?
I had an old offer that expired in June, but as I am now planning a trip for March 2016, I called up. They said they could move me to the 2016 offer, which is exactly the same, just $300 a night instead of $200. Still includes resort fee, parking, and 10K points or $100 resort credit. 90 minute timeshare presentation. Still seems like a good deal?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 2:57 pm

Does status matter for any of these offers? I am Platinum today, and may be diamond shortly.

If I have status, are any benefits provided at this property? Upgrade room? Club access?

Does spend for this offer add to points balance, and are they at multiplier rates for different status levels?

Anyone have experience, or can a Hyatt rep confirm?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by dprocuk
Does status matter for any of these offers? I am Platinum today, and may be diamond shortly.

If I have status, are any benefits provided at this property? Upgrade room? Club access?

Does spend for this offer add to points balance, and are they at multiplier rates for different status levels?

No club access for sure.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hyatt Residence Club, HH Gold

From what I understand, having status in HGP doesn't mean anything at the Residence Club, so no upgrades or club access. Since this property is next to the Hyatt Regency, you do get access to the pools and can take advantage of billing dining to your room, so spend should count for points.

I have an upcoming stay at both and plan to inquire about any benefits, so will see what happens when I'm there.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: Alaska & Hyatt
My wife was targeted and i ripped up the paper on accident.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by dakid23
My wife was targeted and i ripped up the paper on accident.
No worries . Just call them they can track by your name.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:47 pm

After speaking with Hyatt reps and the front desk directly, they answered a number of questions - here are ones which may be relevant to others.

1. Status means nothing here. No type of upgrades, no complimentary club/breakfast, no nightly turndown, no late check out etc.

2. Check in is guaranteed at 3:30 pm. Check out is 10am. Late checkout is available if your unit is not assigned to another arriving guest. However, there is a $200 per hour charge after 10am.

3. For guests with a later flight after check out, there is a hospitality lounge available with showers to use.

4. Two bedroom units all have the ocean view. 1 BR units have partial ocean view or mountain view.

5. The current timeshare offer has dates through Aug 2016. It is not for certain if the offer will be extended, but there is no harm in booking something prior to Aug (even if dates not secure), and then cancelling and/or re-booking for a later date post-Aug (if offer is again extended).
Old Aug 15, 2015, 1:27 pm

After speaking with Hyatt reps and the front desk directly, they answered a number of questions - here are ones which may be relevant to others.

1. Status means nothing here. No type of upgrades, no complimentary club/breakfast, no nightly turndown, no late check out etc.

2. Check in is guaranteed at 3:30 pm. Check out is 10am. Late checkout is available if your unit is not assigned to another arriving guest. However, there is a $200 per hour charge after 10am.

3. For guests with a later flight after check out, there is a hospitality lounge available with showers to use.

4. Two bedroom units all have the ocean view. 1 BR units have partial ocean view or mountain view.

5. The current timeshare offer has dates through Aug 2016. It is not for certain if the offer will be extended, but there is no harm in booking something prior to Aug (even if dates not secure), and then cancelling and/or re-booking for a later date post-Aug (if offer is again extended).
Just curious - what rate did they quote you for bookings through August 2016? The $199 a night, or up to $299? My offer had expired, and they said they could move me to the 2016 offer (I am going in March 2016), but the price went up to $299 a night for 2016 dates. Still a good price, but wondering if others are still being quoted $199 a night for 2016 dates?
Old Aug 16, 2015, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by grant15
Just curious - what rate did they quote you for bookings through August 2016? The $199 a night, or up to $299? My offer had expired, and they said they could move me to the 2016 offer (I am going in March 2016), but the price went up to $299 a night for 2016 dates. Still a good price, but wondering if others are still being quoted $199 a night for 2016 dates?
$198 is through 2015.
Extra hundred per night for 2016 dates, through Aug 2016.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 10:26 am

Got a $75/person/night offer in the mail. Price is going down?

Ends before the Dec holidays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.