Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current Parking Prices (as of 8/4/2019) at QuikPark LAX; same shuttle as Hyatt.

Valet $55 per night
Self Park with In/Out $48 per night
Overnight Self Park $28 per night

https://www.quikparklosangelesairport.com/reservations/
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by OPENROAD
Any experiences with regards additional cost for late check out, we have a 7 PM flight and was hoping to get a 4PM check out, are costs standard or can one negotiate a bit.
If you have glob, you should be able to get it comp. If no status, ask the front desk and if they're courteous, they may extend for free.
OPENROAD likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Just completed a stay here, got in Friday evening. Booked a Club room, we were on floor 3, not the best of views despite request for a high floor, that said we were here just shy of 24 hours. Hotel has been renovated, definitely a modern feel which can be a bit bland. Room was very comfortable though. Lounge is very pleasant, evening hot food consisted of vegetable pot stickers and spring rolls, both were cold and lounge was definitely cold so slightly disappointing especially in comparison to similar lounges in Europe.. Great location though, we went to West Beverly Hills Friday evening for dinner, only 30 minutes away and today we went to Manhattan Beach for lunch, only 15 minutes away.

I requested a 4pm check out, which they gave complementary which was fantastic, shuttle bus runs every 10 to 15 minutes. We booked on points, all in all a pleasant stay,
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
I've stayed at this property three times this year, it's now my go to LAX area hotel (I love just walking between LAX and property to avoid the shuttle). I think it's nice enough inside. Hate that the rooms have no desks.
Markie, steve64, LIH Prem and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is the free drink policy (despite honor bar chits being out in the lounge) still in place? Sounds like an interesting and unique concept. Surprised to read about it!
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is the free drink policy (despite honor bar chits being out in the lounge) still in place? Sounds like an interesting and unique concept. Surprised to read about it!
I don't think it's an official policy. Perhaps the friendly attendants comping some folks. Or maybe like HNL where Globalists aren't charged.
As an Explorist, I was here last month and charged for my 2 glasses of wine as expected. I had the chit filled out on my table and as the attendant was walking around, he asked if I was ready to turn it in. $5 per glass from several selections of Hyatt's Canvas house brand. Nice selection of food for a USA lounge.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 2:11 am

Programs: HH: Diamond, WofH: Globalist, UA: 1k, Longterm member only post when I have something new to ask/say
Excellent stay in this hotel

Just finished a stay here - 3 rooms, for 3 nights each, Globalist, 3 adults and two children in the party. Checked in and was upgraded in two out of the three rooms to nice suites. Rooms were comfortable and, importantly to me, quiet. Spotlessly clean. Well-equipped. What really made this hotel though, was how great the staff were. Derek, in the executive lounge did the best job I've ever seen of keeping the breakfast buffet well stocked, cleaning the tables, getting bits and pieces various guests asked for, and being awesomely friendly and helpful *all at the same time*. Can't praise him enough. Every maid we walked past greeted us in a friendly way. Nice and helpful front desk staff. One minor snafu when a bellboy let himself into our room (while we were in it) with someone else's flowers and luggage (wish he'd left the flowers). Shuttle was fast and again, another friendly and helpful driver. Good location. This will be our go-to hotel in LA now (we always stayed at the Century Hyatt, now Condos). Highly recommend.
markko likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
I'm sorry but this hotel sucks. It's a modern looking Hyatt but imo it's a cheap modern with incompetent staff and uncaring managers. I was on the treadmill last year late at night and the lights in the fitness center shut off. They have motion sensor lighting obv and I guess me on a treadmill wasn't enough for the dumb unit to detect movement so POOF, off the lights went 20 minutes into my workout smh. I almost tripped and didn't want to stop my workout but I could barely see. I told the managers, they did nothing. There were some room issues too, wanted to leave a message with the GM and the staff wouldn't transfer me to the guy. Ended up checking out early and will never be back. Place is awful.

Last edited by mikebor; Dec 25, 2018 at 2:53 am
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
This is a really great property for convenience to LAX, saving all the hassle of getting to/from the airport. I typically arrive via UA and leaving T7 last time I timed the walk at just under 8 minutes, and a lot of that was waiting for traffic lights. From T7 (or that side of LAX) I'd recommend crossing World Way, then following it around before going by the 9/11 memorial to Sepulveda. There is also a very frequent airport shuttle (technically run by the adjacent QuikPark) that picks up from the back entrance of the hotel. I've only used this once, as I was departing via AA; an empty shuttle was waiting and the driver left as soon as I got onboard, so it was also no hassle at all. I also like having the 24-hour shop in the lobby selling drinks and snacks.

Airplane noise has never been an issue on my stays. The airplanes are definitely audible in the rooms, but it's quiet enough that I usually had to be listening for it even to notice it.

I will echo other FT'ers in that there's no excuse for this hotel not to have an actual working desk in the standard rooms. All that's there is a small round table, which is the exact opposite of what I'd think business travelers would want. The bathroom is also very small and on one stay the shower stall sliding door would not stay shut.

On my most recent stay was upgraded to the Studio Suite 1 King Bed. This is just a standard king room with a connecting door to a large conference-style room, so has the pitfall of having a hallway door into the bedroom so offers no noise insulation advantages over a regular room. The conference room has a large 6-person dining table and kitchenette on one side and a living area with couch and half bath on the other, separated by a wall with TVs. The living room side of that wall has a decent working desk on it as well. The conference room had another connecting door, which I assume is to a standard room with 2 queens, so they can sell this as either a 1 king or 2 queen studio suite (or I guess even a two-bedroom).

I usually stay at the Andaz West Hollywood since it's more proximate to what I typically visit LA for, but I definitely like this property. Not having to pad the travel time back to LAX is a real convenience.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by gengar
This is a really great property for convenience to LAX, saving all the hassle of getting to/from the airport. I typically arrive via UA and leaving T7 last time I timed the walk at just under 8 minutes, and a lot of that was waiting for traffic lights. From T7 (or that side of LAX) I'd recommend crossing World Way, then following it around before going by the 9/11 memorial to Sepulveda. There is also a very frequent airport shuttle (technically run by the adjacent QuikPark) that picks up from the back entrance of the hotel. I've only used this once, as I was departing via AA; an empty shuttle was waiting and the driver left as soon as I got onboard, so it was also no hassle at all. I also like having the 24-hour shop in the lobby selling drinks and snacks.

Agree, even using DL or AA which are even further into LAX (thus farther from hotel) I still just walk to/from, never more using the Shuttle - easy walk in nice weather.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:53 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Finishing up a nice three night stay here; my first since my last stay in May of 1991. The return to Hyatt, addition of a Regency Club and overall refurbishment are all welcome improvements. We arrived around 11 pm and decided to walk from T2. We had a lot of company on the walk; mostly airline crew and Uber passengers. FWIW, about three incoming shuttles passed us on the way. The traffic on the lower level of LAX is still horrible, especially with pickups and dropoffs occurring at the same time. I took the shuttle the next morning to T7 to transfer to a Hertz shuttle and that took about 20 minutes. The walk to/from T2 is about 10 minutes. I used the escalator in T1 to get up to departures level and walked the rest of the way up there to T2.

As an Explorist, the best they could do for me was a corner room on a high floor facing Sepulveda and 98th St (all of which I had requested) even though suites were available for booking. The view of Runways 24L and 24R are great and we have an unobstructed panoramic view of Westchester, Century City, Hollywood, and Downtown LA. As for the lack of a desk, my wife and I both worked remotely using our laptops and sharing the circular table wasn't an issue at all for us.

I used an Explorist Lounge Cert to get club access; we had light breakfasts each day and used it to get sodas and extra waters for our room. It wasn't the great food spread, but perfectly fine. We also got to meet Cairo, who lived up to his positive reputation.

There is two hour metered parking on 98th Street at a very reasonable rate of $1 per hour. The meters take credit cards, so it's very easy to do short-term parking there and walk to the lobby. Parking is free between 12am to 8 am so if you park after 10 pm and pay $2 until midnight, you can leave your car overnight until 8 am. I went down to the meter around 0745 and it let me pre-pay $2 to cover 8am-10am. On another night of my stay, I used my corporate Park-N-Fly rate to park there and then just walked across Sepulveda to the hotel. Both are better options than using QuikPark, IMO.

I love the convenience of being so close to the terminals and decent parking options; I would certainly stay here again.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 5, 2019 at 2:10 pm
Old Aug 6, 2019, 7:44 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Finishing up a nice three night stay here; my first since my last stay in May of 1991. The return to Hyatt, addition of a Regency Club and overall refurbishment are all welcome improvements. We arrived around 11 pm and decided to walk from T2. We had a lot of company on the walk; mostly airline crew and Uber passengers. FWIW, about three incoming shuttles passed us on the way. The traffic on the lower level of LAX is still horrible, especially with pickups and dropoffs occurring at the same time. I took the shuttle the next morning to T7 to transfer to a Hertz shuttle and that took about 20 minutes. The walk to/from T2 is about 10 minutes. I used the escalator in T1 to get up to departures level and walked the rest of the way up there to T2.

As an Explorist, the best they could do for me was a corner room on a high floor facing Sepulveda and 98th St (all of which I had requested) even though suites were available for booking. The view of Runways 24L and 24R are great and we have an unobstructed panoramic view of Westchester, Century City, Hollywood, and Downtown LA. As for the lack of a desk, my wife and I both worked remotely using our laptops and sharing the circular table wasn't an issue at all for us.

I used an Explorist Lounge Cert to get club access; we had light breakfasts each day and used it to get sodas and extra waters for our room. It wasn't the great food spread, but perfectly fine. We also got to meet Cairo, who lived up to his positive reputation.

There is two hour metered parking on 98th Street at a very reasonable rate of $1 per hour. The meters take credit cards, so it's very easy to do short-term parking there and walk to the lobby. Parking is free between 12am to 8 am so if you park after 10 pm and pay $2 until midnight, you can leave your car overnight until 8 am. I went down to the meter around 0745 and it let me pre-pay $2 to cover 8am-10am. On another night of my stay, I used my corporate Park-N-Fly rate to park there and then just walked across Sepulveda to the hotel. Both are better options than using QuikPark, IMO.

I love the convenience of being so close to the terminals and decent parking options; I would certainly stay here again.
Do you find as an Explorist (sounds like Exflorist) some Hyatt properties upgrading to suites?
Cairo is def one of a kind!
I don't think in all my decades with Hyatt I've ever seen a more dedicated guest friendly high energy team member trying to effortlessly please guests above and beyond
You go to other lounges and variety of hotel brands after a Cario experience at The LAX Regency Club and there is deadness in the room and typically team members asleep at the wheel
That is if you can even find them
The lounge has minimalist offerings but the smoked salmon is almost always terrific in the morning and some of the desserts are brought in @ night from European style French bakery and sometimes very good
The team has been very nice to me
My only complaint is that the Sheraton and a few other 4 star properties nearby can be 50 to 75 dollars less a night and offer amenity points at check in
and a choice of club lounge or breakfast in the restaurant for top tier elites so I don't go as much to the Hyatt Regency LAX as I use too
.Its still my favorite hotel at LAX hands down none the less but they have gotten a bit out of hand with pricing
Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How much is it worth to be able to walk to/from the terminal?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I love it - not exposed to the whims of shuttles nor the endless Century/Sepulveda backups

And I love the walk after a 6 hour t-con and before the reverse home

Great property all around IME (and have only been there as an Exp)
steve64 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

Quite a bit really. My last ride to LAX from Andaz West Hollywood took almost an hour and a half and I barely made my flight. As I mentioned in my past review, it's annoying to have to pad the travel time so much for the commute.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:26 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I love it - not exposed to the whims of shuttles nor the endless Century/Sepulveda backups

And I love the walk after a 6 hour t-con and before the reverse home

Great property all around IME (and have only been there as an Exp)
Is it a fully safe walk with traffic? I’ve always taken the shuttle

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.