Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current Parking Prices (as of 8/4/2019) at QuikPark LAX; same shuttle as Hyatt.

Valet $55 per night
Self Park with In/Out $48 per night
Overnight Self Park $28 per night

https://www.quikparklosangelesairport.com/reservations/
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:12 am

0/4 upgrades at this property. No mention of anything despite check-in on birthday. No regency club lounge made me feel this property don't care for elite members as they care more about Delta Crew Members.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by anchor79
0/4 upgrades at this property. No mention of anything despite check-in on birthday. No regency club lounge made me feel this property don't care for elite members as they care more about Delta Crew Members.
Delta is more important to them! It's what we will see more and more in the future from these "reflags" It's all about adding "rooms" thus revenue.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by anchor79
No mention of anything despite check-in on birthday. No regency club lounge made me feel this property don't care for elite members as they care more about Delta Crew Members.
They could have said something about your birthday... but I don't get that so many people have any expectations about such a non-event. Get over it or celebrate it at home :-).

And for the lounge.... you get a restaurant breakfast, which balances things for most. It's still going to be an airport hotel....
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
They could have said something about your birthday... but I don't get that so many people have any expectations about such a non-event. Get over it or celebrate it at home :-).

And for the lounge.... you get a restaurant breakfast, which balances things for most. It's still going to be an airport hotel....
So how many visits have you made to this property ?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Twice... but never on my birthday. What's your point?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:47 am

Twice... but never on my birthday. What's your point?
To know or understand the posts that many of us have made about this reflag one needed to have stayed here. No offense intended
Old Jun 7, 2017, 12:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
It's your family's job to celebrate your birthday; not the hotel staff, who may well be meeting you for the first time when you check-in.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by JackE
It's your family's job to celebrate your birthday; not the hotel staff, who may well be meeting you for the first time when you check-in.
you know I do have to weigh in on this issue. If one has status with a hotel chain I do think it is nice of them to recognize your birthday if you happen to be staying with them on you're birthday. Yes JackE I would prefer to be home with my family but

I was in Alaska on a birthday and when I got back to my room there was a tray with fruit and a small bottle of red wine with a Happy Birthday card from the hotel personally signed. NOW THAT was a pleasant surprise and only fortified my view of Marriott. If a hotel chain gathers information such as birthday then it's for a purpose.

So yes if your a FF with that chain they have collected your information you check in on your birthday then damn a Happy Birthday is in order!
Old Jun 7, 2017, 8:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm not sure how easy it is for hotel staff to see a birthday on a reservation. I would assume not, plus when the look at your ID they don't check the birthday unless they suspect you're either underage or not eligible for a special senior rate you're trying to use.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
People really (frequently) give their real birthday for data collection other than some kind of financial validation (like credit or banking)? I can see no reason for a hotel (that doesn't give a significant, like a free room, gift) to know my real birthday.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Now back to the hotel.

I'll be staying there a couple of times over the next weeks; had the Regency Club opened?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by serfty
Now back to the hotel.

I'll be staying there a couple of times over the next weeks; had the Regency Club opened?
You can safely assume that the club will be open at some point before DL finishes its overhaul of terminals 2 and 3 at LAX.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
You can safely assume that the club will be open at some point before DL finishes its overhaul of terminals 2 and 3 at LAX.
seems about right ...

I wonder how it would have been if they were still forking over 2½K points for every Globalist.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 1:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

A lounge is probably not paying for itself... so the lack of any compensation they have to offer makes delaying it an even easier option.

But as I've said before, I rather have a decent breakfast than a subpar US club.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:34 am

A lounge is probably not paying for itself... so the lack of any compensation they have to offer makes delaying it an even easier option.

But as I've said before, I rather have a decent breakfast than a subpar US club.
Agreed and what i posted earlier. Personally I rather see the clubroom not open and breakfast downstairs. Lounge breakfast ranges from uneatable to really good at Hyatt's if you want good food go offshore. Marriott is the only chain that has consistency in the breakfast offerings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.