Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current Parking Prices (as of 8/4/2019) at QuikPark LAX; same shuttle as Hyatt.

Valet $55 per night
Self Park with In/Out $48 per night
Overnight Self Park $28 per night

https://www.quikparklosangelesairport.com/reservations/
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:47 pm

So now timing is already March...

Any one still get 2500 points because of the club not ready?

Originally Posted by Peridot83
I stayed here last Friday. I also received the 2500 points for the closed lounge. The breakfast was amazing! Highly recommend the breakfast BahnMi.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Dia; Langham Voyager; Marriot & SPG Gold; UA Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by gcja

Stayed 27th Feb. Got the 2500 closure points.

Also, got a comp suite upgrade ^
Old Mar 6, 2017, 12:13 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Effective March 1st
another Hyatt brand assurance customer service devaluation
If a club lounge is closed you are out of luck no point bonus.
Hotels are no longer obligated except to say have a nice day better luck next time
That doesn't mean a hotel can't do something if they choose to satisfy an unhappy guest
Globs will have to do their extensive research to see if canceling a reservation makes sense prior to arrival and within the cancellation policy
if a hotel wont be able to fulfill on the expectation of a member that expects the value and enjoyment of lounge access with an operating club
during ones stay
YMMV!
Old Mar 6, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound

Effective March 1st
another Hyatt brand assurance customer service devaluation
If a club lounge is closed you are out of luck no point bonus.
Hotels are no longer obligated except to say have a nice day better luck next time
That doesn't mean a hotel can't do something if they choose to satisfy an unhappy guest
Globs will have to do their extensive research to see if canceling a reservation makes sense prior to arrival and within the cancellation policy
if a hotel wont be able to fulfill on the expectation of a member that expects the value and enjoyment of lounge access with an operating club
during ones stay
YMMV!
That sucks !
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver

No, but see post 599.

I'll be there Sunday, so will report back.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH Gold, WOH Globalist
Just checked out this morning after a two night stay. FD person told me that I will get 2500 points for lounge closure, and it should open in about two weeks. No suite upgrade.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
Does anyone know the difference between a Suite King and a Studio Suite King or perhaps stayed in both?

Suite King is larger (814 vs 620 sq ft) but cheaper to book which seems odd, wondering which is truly the 'better' suite. I do see a comment on p 35 that one of these has a completely separate bedroom vs open floorplan w/separation wall.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:21 am

Is the lounge open yet? Anyone been to it?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 5:39 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I'm checking in tonight for a two-night stay- if anyone has any questions about the property let me know! I called the hotel earlier this week and they said first week of May most likely for club lounge opening.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:34 pm

Stayed in march

And though lounge was closed was promised 2500 pt. I didnt ask for it, was offered, but so far never appeared. Got comp upgraded to suite from base corp king. Nice space, though we checked in at 11pm and left around 9am. Breakfast was great. Extensive buffet, off menu, anything youd like globalist. Rang up at around $18 i think (so if lounge was open breakfast would cost globalist discount to $18. Nice feature). Great place to start off, end stay in LA. Continuous shuttle to gate was helpful. Will definitely stay again.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:01 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
The 2500-point bonus for lounge closure disappeared on March 1 with the advent of the new World of Hyatt program. If someone promised 2500 points, it was through force of habit, as that bonus evaporated on March 1. The DN bonus will be sorely missed.
Originally Posted by cmjaffe
And though lounge was closed was promised 2500 pt. I didnt ask for it, was offered, but so far never appeared. Got comp upgraded to suite from base corp king. Nice space, though we checked in at 11pm and left around 9am. Breakfast was great. Extensive buffet, off menu, anything youd like globalist. Rang up at around $18 i think (so if lounge was open breakfast would cost globalist discount to $18. Nice feature). Great place to start off, end stay in LA. Continuous shuttle to gate was helpful. Will definitely stay again.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:45 pm

I thought that too, but it did post. I'll count that as a gift
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by cmjaffe
I thought that too, but it did post. I'll count that as a gift
Anyone else get the club closure bonus after March 1st?

No one mentioned the club lounge being opened during checkin when I inquired about breakfast so I'm guessing it still hasn't opened yet.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH Gold, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by mster
Anyone else get the club closure bonus after March 1st?

No one mentioned the club lounge being opened during checkin when I inquired about breakfast so I'm guessing it still hasn't opened yet.
I got the bonus for a stay early March. At check in, the FD person told me I would get points but it never posted. I had to call the hotel to get it processed.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:34 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by mster
Anyone else get the club closure bonus after March 1st?.
I stayed on March 1 and did not nor did I expect to. It's no longer a program benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.