Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current Parking Prices (as of 8/4/2019) at QuikPark LAX; same shuttle as Hyatt.

Valet $55 per night
Self Park with In/Out $48 per night
Overnight Self Park $28 per night

https://www.quikparklosangelesairport.com/reservations/
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2016, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is the status of renovation? It looks like only three floors are renovated based on posts above. Yet booking page shows:

Our journey has begun. Through March of 2016 the hotel is experiencing a total transformation of both guest rooms and public space. During this exciting time of transition we will do everything we can to make your stay comfortable and memorable. We look forward to introducing you to the new Hyatt Regency at Los Angeles Airport in Spring of 2016!
Does that mean only rooms on lower three floors are available but they are all renovated rooms?
Old Apr 24, 2016, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TerryK
What is the status of renovation? It looks like only three floors are renovated based on posts above. Yet booking page shows:

Does that mean only rooms on lower three floors are available but they are all renovated rooms?
Lower floors were unrenovated and the only option available recently. I assume once several upper floors are done the will move to tenocating the lower ones...
Old Apr 24, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA Exp Plat, UA 1K MM, DL Plat Hyatt Globalist, MGM Noir
Originally Posted by TerryK

The Hyatt website lies. The renovations continue.

I am writing this from a renovated room on the eleventh floor. This place is still a hot mess. The renovation is far from complete and service is a hit or miss. Even the renovated rooms have missing or deficient items.

I will not be returning any time soon.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OnAMileHigh
The Hyatt website lies. The renovations continue......
I guess I should not have been too surprised.

Originally Posted by OnAMileHigh
...I am writing this from a renovated room on the eleventh floor.....
So they do have renovated rooms available. It is just not completed yet.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Checked in here last night. Got a renovated room on the 11th floor. Painting and other work is on going in the lobby so you get the fresh paint smell from the moment you enter the hotel. The one major annoyance is that the bathroom fan runs 24/7. It sounds is as if you are in a plane...so I guess they were trying to bring the flying experience to the airport. It is like there is a howling wind all the time.

There is a round white table which can double as a "desk" with ugly yellow chairs which are not very comfortable. They are giving 2500 extra points since the club lounge does not seem like it will be opening any time soon. So I can add this to my list of mattress run hotels.

As the Crown Plaza was mentioned above, there is a strike going on this morning with drums and protests so I would not recommend the Crown Plaza for the time being either if sleep is something you were hoping for during your visit.
Old May 5, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Is there any new information by when the renovations could be finished?
Old May 6, 2016, 12:44 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Is there any new information by when the renovations could be finished?
No earlier than July.
Old May 6, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Ok, will be going there in August. If things aren't done by then, I'll de-camp to Sheraton Gateway
Old May 6, 2016, 1:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Ok, will be going there in August. If things aren't done by then, I'll de-camp to Sheraton Gateway
Sounds like a plan, although some people here also like the (usually cheaper) Four Points, especially for its craft beer collection. There's also a Marriott and a Westin that's farther from the airport, plus a couple other Hyatt brands (HH, HP) not too far from LAX.
Old May 6, 2016, 10:37 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Some progress was made in the last week. The painting in the lobby area is done so a bit less mess around. Not all the chairs in the room are yellow. Some rooms have purple ones. The pool area probably won't be done until late summer. They opened another floor of rooms.
Old May 7, 2016, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Thumbs up I really like it !

Here now for one night and I must say I am very impressed with what they were able to do with the rooms.
It went from dumpy to design IMO and I love all the touches of color an a soft grey palette. I like the new bathrooms (no constant fan noise in my room as reported above)as well as the large table in lieu of a desk. Two chairs instead of one desk chair will be a real plus for couples traveling together. I also love the easy plug and play feature on the new entertainment center.

Breakfast in the dining room was great ( Mexican Benedict off the new menu) the buffet has returned but it is rather limited. service in the bar and in the restaurant was great. While it will be nice when the Regency club opens (They are talking about late summer for the opening)I will miss having breakfast in the restaurant.

Check in could not have been friendlier. I am guessing this is just a temporary set up while work on the lobby continues.

Last edited by bigguyinpasadena; May 8, 2016 at 9:06 am
Old May 8, 2016, 7:48 pm

Programs: La Quinta Elite IHGSPIRE HH Diamond BW Diamond Hyatt Diamond
I can echo everything BigGuy wrote. I just finished a week long stay here. My table had two yellow chairs. I was on the 11th floor with a view of the airport. No airport noise but the bathroom fan was constantly on but it didn't bother me.
Some might think the bathroom is small but I think it was fine. Rain shower and handheld shower. Very good water pressure, magnifying mirror attached to wall next to sink, sliding glass shower door (no curtain).

The giant TV was quite impressive. It has Bluetooth so you can listen to music via your phone/tablet. Tons of outlets to keep everything charged. All the Starbucks Verona you can drink with the coffee maker. Mini Frig in room has a glass door. Housekeeping has bottles of Aquafina whenever you need. The WiFi worked great. The room also had a sofa in the corner.

They say the top four floors are now open. Very impressive décor. No more 1980's style. Another floor should be open in a month. The gym is on the Penthouse floor overlooking the airport. PH not yet renovated but definitely worth checking out.

Victor the bellman is very helpful along with the rest of the staff. I never had to wait for the valet. Just text and my car was ready. The renovation is moving along.
Old May 9, 2016, 1:34 am

Does that mean Diamonds will no longer receive 2,500 pts bonus? Honestly, for layovers at this hotel, I'd rather take the points and stay in a crappy room. If the points are gone, I no longer have an incentive to choose LAX and this hotel as my layover.

Last edited by savekenny; May 9, 2016 at 2:12 am
Old May 9, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by gadberry
They say the top four floors are now open. Very impressive décor. No more 1980's style. Another floor should be open in a month. The gym is on the Penthouse floor overlooking the airport. PH not yet renovated but definitely worth checking out.
Just to be clear: Is the gym open and operational?

If so, what is it like? There is a 2015 Onemileatatime review that shows it as small and restricted.

Last edited by Biggie Fries; May 9, 2016 at 7:56 am Reason: Decided to spell "There" correctly.
Old May 9, 2016, 6:57 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by savekenny
Does that mean Diamonds will no longer receive 2,500 pts bonus? Honestly, for layovers at this hotel, I'd rather take the points and stay in a crappy room. If the points are gone, I no longer have an incentive to choose LAX and this hotel as my layover.
There was no club offering, at all, rather breakfast was provided in the main restaurant, so no 2500 points were offered.

due to reports of renovated rooms finally being available, I'm likely going to stay here before a morning flight later this week. I didn't mind the dumpy old rooms when the rates were cheap. But now its nearing $200 per night, which is pretty rich for the quality of the property in the midst of renovation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.