Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Has anyone has luck finding C&P availability after initially striking out?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone has luck finding C&P availability after initially striking out?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Question Has anyone has luck finding C&P availability after initially striking out?

I had been hoping to use cash & points to stay at the PH Vendôme in Paris next March as part of my honeymoon, but there is no c&p availability there (or the Hodel du Lourve) for our dates (4 nights, Mon-Fri). I would prefer to do c&p for the qualifying stays, since I will hopefully be doing the Diamond challenge during the HM. I should be able to complete the challenge, but missing out on those 4 nights makes it much harder.

Has anyone ever had luck finding c&p space opening up after initially finding none? Since I have to call in to check if it's a lost cause I would rather not waste the time.

I emailed goldpassport and got a pretty useless non-answer that simply repeated back what I had told them (that there was no availability at the PHV and that c&p nights are capacity-controlled)
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Veritas1000
I had been hoping to use cash & points to stay at the PH Vendôme in Paris next March as part of my honeymoon, but there is no c&p availability there (or the Hodel du Lourve) for our dates (4 nights, Mon-Fri). I would prefer to do c&p for the qualifying stays, since I will hopefully be doing the Diamond challenge during the HM. I should be able to complete the challenge, but missing out on those 4 nights makes it much harder.

Has anyone ever had luck finding c&p space opening up after initially finding none? Since I have to call in to check if it's a lost cause I would rather not waste the time.

I emailed goldpassport and got a pretty useless non-answer that simply repeated back what I had told them (that there was no availability at the PHV and that c&p nights are capacity-controlled)
I've had luck and I am sure many others have too. People cancel reservations on a daily basis, including points and points + cash.

I am not sure why not having points + cash available makes it more difficult to complete the Diamond challenge. Hyatt is extremely generous and sixty days is quite a bit of time to stay 12 nights. If you're sincerely interested in completing the challenge and staying at the Vendome, paying outright is the most obvious solution to your dilemma.

Perhaps I'm the only one annoyed but it seems FT has recently been inundated with folks just doing the challenge for the benefits without any intention of staying at Hyatt again. Ugh. I see the Diamond benefits being reduced and/or the challenge being eliminated all together very shortly.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
You are right on!
Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Andrea Waters
Perhaps I'm the only one annoyed but it seems FT has recently been inundated with folks just doing the challenge for the benefits without any intention of staying at Hyatt again. Ugh. I see the Diamond benefits being reduced and/or the challenge being eliminated all together very shortly.
I'm sorry if that was the impression I gave. True, I don't travel constantly for work but I really enjoy staying at Hyatt and had wanted to actually make the status challenge to keep Diamond status..and continue staying at Hyatt when I do travel.

Thanks for the encouragement, tough. I'll keep checking back for availability.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Andrea Waters
Actually it's getting so tiresome that I've reached the point that I hope the Diamond challenge will be significantly changed soon. It's also has an effect of some properties already, especially for using the Diamond upgrades.

To the OP, simply keep trying occasionally even though there are no guarantees on C+P availability and availability for some properties might not even be loaded yet for 2015. And use the Diamond Challenge as long as it's there, plenty of others have done so already :-).
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:25 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by RTW1
Actually it's getting so tiresome that I've reached the point that I hope the Diamond challenge will be significantly changed soon. It's also has an effect of some properties already, especially for using the Diamond upgrades.

To the OP, simply keep trying occasionally even though there are no guarantees on C+P availability and availability for some properties might not even be loaded yet for 2015. And use the Diamond Challenge as long as it's there, plenty of others have done so already :-).
+1 on both counts. FWIW, points and cash will continue beyond the end of 2014 but availability may not be loaded yet. The goal is to have this option bookable online sometime late 2015.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum,
I struck out for C+P this Christmas at Grand Hyatt Macau in April and scored yesterday and they let me use a DSU.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goldenargo85
I struck out for C+P this Christmas at Grand Hyatt Macau in April and scored yesterday and they let me use a DSU.
Awesome!

Thanks for the info everyone - I've had success with the other locations during the trip booking C+P, but I'll keep checking for info.

Also - does anyone know any tricks to bypass the automated prompts to go straight to a person? I always have to talk to one anyways, and I always have to repeat the info I already told the system. Saying things like "representative" and pressing 0 don't seem to do anything.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by Veritas1000
Awesome!

Thanks for the info everyone - I've had success with the other locations during the trip booking C+P, but I'll keep checking for info.

Also - does anyone know any tricks to bypass the automated prompts to go straight to a person? I always have to talk to one anyways, and I always have to repeat the info I already told the system. Saying things like "representative" and pressing 0 don't seem to do anything.
I always get a person immediately calling the Platinum Line.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Called several times and Andaz Maui recently opened January 2015 for C&P. DSU also able to be applied.

Also for DSU, I also call back every few weeks if not initially available.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:47 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Andaz Napa opened up C&P perhaps a week in advance for one of the nights we wanted - not the other one which remained points only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.