Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel lying about availability so you can't use points

Old Jun 20, 14, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Read the T&C. It's a standard room at the standard rate. I'm presuming that the minimum stay for EUR 1,968 isn't standard and thus, the hotel isn't "lying" and OP can book at the rate offered or not.

There are tons of these threads where people simply won't accept that for a very few special events, think Super Bowl in the US, it's expensive because there's demand.
Old Jun 20, 14, 1:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by saranyc View Post
Oh look another shill... It's sad how people like corporations walk all over them without even saying anything.
No it's childish behavior like yours that's one of the joys of the internet.

Special events means special prices for hotels, I'm pretty sure that there is a GP package on offer that's why no "standard room" is available. But go ahead, sue them ;-).
Old Jun 20, 14, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
Read the T&C. It's a standard room at the standard rate. I'm presuming that the minimum stay for EUR 1,968 isn't standard and thus, the hotel isn't "lying" and OP can book at the rate offered or not.
By that definition any time the rate rises you can say it's a nonstandard rate and have a blackout date.
Old Jun 20, 14, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Please see:

1. Hyatt Gold Passport may, among other things: change earning ability, withdraw, limit, modify or cancel any award, cancel or change partner awards, increase the Hyatt Gold Passport point requirement to redeem any award, change hotel award categories, modify or regulate the transferability of Hyatt Gold Passport points or benefits, add hotel award blackout dates or limit the number of rooms available for award redemption at any or all destinations.

This is contradictory, but it is their out, particularly when there are no rooms available for sale in any category online.
Old Jun 20, 14, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RTW1 View Post
No it's childish behavior like yours that's one of the joys of the internet.

Special events means special prices for hotels, I'm pretty sure that there is a GP package on offer that's why no "standard room" is available. But go ahead, sue them ;-).
So they have blackout dates... Love how you use the T&C against people when they help the hotel and don't use the T&C when they would hurt the hotel.
Old Jun 20, 14, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Thought you were going to leave it to others?

Right, that gives them the ability to change the terms and conditions to add blackout dates whenever they want. As it stands now I would read #3 in the T&C as it currently is stated.
Old Jun 20, 14, 1:41 pm

I'm a masochist.
Old Jun 20, 14, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mary2e View Post
I'm a masochist.
Yeah, as a Hyatt diamond you'd have to be
Old Jun 20, 14, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post

There are tons of these threads where people simply won't accept that for a very few special events, think Super Bowl in the US, it's expensive because there's demand.
Here's the link to it... and the hotel's out...

3. Hyatt Gold Passport Free Night Awards apply when standard rooms are available at the Hyatt Daily Rate. Standard rooms are defined by each hotel and are not subject to blackout dates. Hyatt Gold Passport Free Night Awards cannot be redeemed for packages.
The Hyatt daily rate for this property one week before the race is 329 euro, and it is available as a reward for 20k points per night. This is the Hyatt daily rate and is not discounted.

The OP said a room was offered for more than 600 euro per night during the race. That is not a standard rate, nor is it the Hyatt daily rate.
Old Jun 20, 14, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

And if you look in the winter the daily rate is 200 Euros. By your logic the rate you quote could be blacked out as well.
Old Jun 20, 14, 1:53 pm

Only if it is not listed as the Hyatt daily rate. In your case, it is not.
Old Jun 20, 14, 1:54 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

This thread is all personal commentary, I'm locking it.

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt

Search this Thread
Search Engine: