Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I get Tokyo Tower view rooms at the Andaz but never Glob (and earlier HGP Diamond) recognition beyond that, although I generally have been getting nice tables at breakfast so maybe that counts too more than my pleas not to be seated near families with kids.

HR gives lounge access of course, but I wouldn't describe its location as having a metro station right outside the door.

Maybe I need to try the PH or the GH but I'm not thrilled by either location.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I get Tokyo Tower view rooms at the Andaz but never Glob (and earlier HGP Diamond) recognition beyond that, although I generally have been getting nice tables at breakfast so maybe that counts too more than my pleas not to be seated near families with kids.

HR gives lounge access of course, but I wouldn't describe its location as having a metro station right outside the door.

Maybe I need to try the PH or the GH but I'm not thrilled by either location.

HR is literally connected to the Oedo Line.
bigshooter likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Ok, I guess I just went to the station by the hotel bus and walking back upon my return to get to the lines I needed. Now I remember seeing signs to that station, but the routes weren't very useful to me.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

If anyone is in-house on 3/22, the artist and designer behind the elevator washi paper displays will be conducting an Andaz Salon session.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's cool - the paper art is pretty interesting and impressive.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Super impressive. One of my favorite bits of design (though there are many!) in that hotel.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Hyatt T&C says yes.
I was quite shocked to read about this so I looked up the T&C on WOH and found this:
Standard-Room Free Night Awards: Standard-room Free Night Awards may be redeemed only when standard rooms are available at the Standard Rateat the selected hotel or resort. Standard-room Free Night Awards are not subject to blackout dates at Hyatt hotels and resorts. (Redemption of Standard-room Free Night Awards at participating M life Rewards destinations may be subject to blackout dates.)
Correct me if I’m wrong, Andaz Tokyo is not allowed to black out Free Night Awards dates. If they are playing games by not offering their standard rooms at all, this warrants an email sent to Hyatt’s CEO.
MattEvan likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by bejis00
Are Hyatts allowed to implement peak blackout dates? Because this is the response I got from the Andaz Tokyo,

"Thank you very much for your message. At this time, there is unfortunately no award availability past mid-March due to the peak season. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]"
Actually, I picked a few random dates in April and I do see Free Night Award availability for my dates, at the old Cat 6 rate, too. Doesn’t even require 2 nights or more..
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Central90210
I looked up the T&C on WOH and found this:Correct me if I’m wrong, Andaz Tokyo is not allowed to black out Free Night Awards dates.
Correct. That's why you'll see some Hyatt properties play games with rates, making base level rooms only available as part of a package, and thus not offering them as awards. Standard rooms available at hotel -- Hyatt says GP rooms 'not available'
Old Mar 10, 2019, 8:09 pm

Is there a Chief Concierge at the Andaz Tokyo? I know that they have a separate concierge email now, however, I have yet to receive a reply for about 5 days. I'm not sure if their having email issues or they've been slow with the responses lately--it wasn't this slow last year.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by soojin
Is there a Chief Concierge at the Andaz Tokyo? I know that they have a separate concierge email now, however, I have yet to receive a reply for about 5 days. I'm not sure if their having email issues or they've been slow with the responses lately--it wasn't this slow last year.
Yes, there is a person titled "Chief Concierge" there. For my stay late last year, he responded to me through the generic hotel host e-mail address (to be fair, within 3 days).

Personally, I'm glad they ignored you. I would have preferred they ignored me rather than what they did, which is actually mess up my exceedingly simple requests.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by gengar
Yes, there is a person titled "Chief Concierge" there. For my stay late last year, he responded to me through the generic hotel host e-mail address (to be fair, within 3 days).

Personally, I'm glad they ignored you. I would have preferred they ignored me rather than what they did, which is actually mess up my exceedingly simple requests.
Yikes, I'm sorry to hear that. Their concierge seems to really be hit or miss.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:11 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Ok, I guess I just went to the station by the hotel bus and walking back upon my return to get to the lines I needed. Now I remember seeing signs to that station, but the routes weren't very useful to me.
You can connect to Shinjuku station from Tochomae and get to any line you're looking for. I decided it was just easier to walk most of the time, but did connect once or twice. The first time we actually missed the entrance outside the HR, but we were also full of Chu Hi.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Anyone else follow this property on Instagram? They sure seem to have no issue handing out free suites to "influencers" like candy
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by invalyd
Anyone else follow this property on Instagram? They sure seem to have no issue handing out free suites to "influencers" like candy
Their Instagram Stories is just an influencer show-off channel now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.