Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by josephstern
I haven't stayed at the Park Hyatt Tokyo. Might try it out next time.
I wasn't super impressed. Part of me wonders if all the rates in japan are going up because of the olympics and other world sporting events that will be occurring there.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Red259
I wasn't super impressed. Part of me wonders if all the rates in japan are going up because of the olympics and other world sporting events that will be occurring there.
The Olympics are only exacerbating an existing trend.

Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:32 pm

Does the Andaz do the thing the Japanese hotels do by not releasing all their rooms for booking until 90 days to six months out? I'm looking at the fall and not seeing award availability for many dates. I see you can book some higher end rooms but wondering if Andaz is holding back some standard rooms or those are all booked already.
I bet all the award rooms will magically appear after March 18.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:04 am

Magically, there is now some availability in late March (or maybe cancellations, but I kind of doubt it). There are some minimum stay games - I had to book 3 nights, then call reservations to reduce it down to two.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hailstorm
The Olympics are only exacerbating an existing trend.

The other side of this is that new hotels tend to be constructed before major events, such as the Olympics, SuperBowl, USA political party Presidential conventions, etc. so that often hotel prices tend to go down before and after the special event, for example the Rio Olympics for prices (although before the Barcelona Olympics, hotels were expensive but empty as there reportedly was some contract provision that rates during the Olympics couldn't exceed the average rate--or more likely, some formula based on the average rate--charged in the year or two leading up to the Olympics).
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:54 pm

So those who stayed here. Was it worth it or should I just stay at Tokyo HR?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sharpfish
Depends what kind of experience you want to get out of your trip.
hailstorm likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
This is one of my favorite Hyatt properties, we always stay here when in Tokyo.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by sharpfish
I like it way more than the Tokyo HR. I was not a fan of the Tokyo HR (although there is a metro station right outside the door which is nice. That being said I had low level hyatt status at the time, so if someone is going to get upgrades at the HR that may be a factor to consider.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I like it way more than the Tokyo HR. I was not a fan of the Tokyo HR (although there is a metro station right outside the door which is nice. That being said I had low level hyatt status at the time, so if someone is going to get upgrades at the HR that may be a factor to consider.
I've only ever gotten a Deluxe room facing the park as a Globalist. I think Andaz Tokyo treats Globalists WAY better than the HR.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aventine
I've only ever gotten a Deluxe room facing the park as a Globalist. I think Andaz Tokyo treats Globalists WAY better than the HR.
Agreed that HR Tokyo was the stingiest in terms of upgrades in my experience.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:00 pm

Are Hyatts allowed to implement peak blackout dates? Because this is the response I got from the Andaz Tokyo,

"Thank you very much for your message. At this time, there is unfortunately no award availability past mid-March due to the peak season. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]"
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bejis00
Are Hyatts allowed to implement peak blackout dates?
Hyatt T&C says yes.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Hyatt T&C says yes.
Its disappointing properties are allowed to do this when they still have standard rooms available.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Its disappointing properties are allowed to do this when they still have standard rooms available.
Yes, but that's the reality of the program terms. Other programs (like HH) might make all standard rooms available for redemption without blackout dates or capacity controls, but properties there can still play games by arbitrarily creating subcategories for their standard rooms ('deluxe' for a marginally larger floorplan, 'view' for a slightly higher floor) while charging little if any premium over the "standard" room yet effectively taking them out of award inventory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.