Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by sensei
Unfortunately, this is one of the few properties that doesn’t allow TSU/point suite upgrades at all. So I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

With Andaz Tokyo and HR Kyoto not accepting any suite upgrade of any kind, that is about 20% of the properties in Japan, and from my point of view, I would not consider 20% "few".
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Only 12 full service Hyatt hotels out of hundreds world-wide have this restriction, so that is only a few. Every other Tokyo Hyatt offers confirmed suite upgrades.

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
With Andaz Tokyo and HR Kyoto not accepting any suite upgrade of any kind, that is about 20% of the properties in Japan, and from my point of view, I would not consider 20% "few".
Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by sensei
Only 12 full service Hyatt hotels out of hundreds world-wide have this restriction, so that is only a few. Every other Tokyo Hyatt offers confirmed suite upgrades.
I did not intend to contradict you, I was only lamenting that it is a rather high percentage of my local Hyatts. Kyoto in particular has always felt a bit irksome with their designation as a "resort" in addition to their unavailability of suite upgrades, Now Tokyo Andaz seems to have practically eliminated all award bookings, at least for anything remotely advanced...
Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did not intend to contradict you, I was only lamenting that it is a rather high percentage of my local Hyatts. Kyoto in particular has always felt a bit irksome with their designation as a "resort" in addition to their unavailability of suite upgrades, Now Tokyo Andaz seems to have practically eliminated all award bookings, at least for anything remotely advanced...
Yup. Resort with no pool.

But I do like the place.
OsakaWino likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

And all to avoid giving 4pm checkouts to Diamonds and Globalists? Hardly a resort.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
And all to avoid giving 4pm checkouts to Diamonds and Globalists? Hardly a resort.
It also allows them to opt out of guaranteed availability (or did WoH discontinue that? can't remember). As you say, there is nothing resort-like about HR Kyoto.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tearex
Seeing as they're playing games with award availability with the standard room, I was prepared to pony up for the new suite redemption options. Just hit midnight in Tokyo - start going through the website, and the award redemption page specifically errors out (cash page is working fine).

Call Hyatt reservations and they're telling me they're not accepting points, period, for my date (last week of March, ie, cherry blossom peak), even though premium suite shows availability - management has turned it off.

Guess I'll try again when US hits midnight, but I'm not hopeful.
As always, Andaz Tokyo is specifically exempted from offering suite upgrade eligibility.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 3:17 pm

Too bad. their suites look awesome
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Always a creative Christmas tree from Andaz Tokyo.
scented, hailstorm and tearex like this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine
Always a creative Christmas tree from Andaz Tokyo.
Made of origami.

Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Any recent Globalist experiences on upgrades? I'm on a points booking in a couple days in their entry level twin beds room and am just looking for an upgrade / change to a king bed room although a suite upgrade could work as well
Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by reigndrop
Any recent Globalist experiences on upgrades? I'm on a points booking in a couple days in their entry level twin beds room and am just looking for an upgrade / change to a king bed room although a suite upgrade could work as well
email the hotel and unless it is pretty close to being sold out they will almost definitely confirm an upgrade for you to a king room with view, likely tower view if available

although a very select few have received a suite upgrade here, it is rare
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Can someone PM the GM e-mail address? I had a horrendous experience with the concierge for some exceedingly basic requests. (Not as bad as my experience with the MO last year, but it's close.)
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
Trying to book April 16-18.
Do they open up the award rooms last minute?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by xmzzn123
Trying to book April 16-18.
Do they open up the award rooms last minute?
I think you should make alternate plans. I've been trying to book awards during that time period for months and its been blocked out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.