Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Why not the PH in Tokyo?
In order to use the Club Access Award, there needs to be... a club lounge

(As most will know, there isn't one at PHT).
Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Why not the PH in Tokyo?
There's a club lounge at Park Hyatt Tokyo?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

wrong post...
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by brodes
Question about scoring a comp upgrade at the Andaz Tokyo next week:

I am explorist status and wife is Discoverist. I can either book using points + cash from my account or Chase free sign up night certificate from my wife's.

I've heard that they upgrade rather easily. Will either one make a significant difference as far as chances for upgrades next week?
Probably not a significant difference, but you can add both names to a reservation and have the hotel notate the secondary GP - sorry WoH - number. At least in the past, in this case Diamond benefits would be applied if diamond were sharing a room booked in another person's name.

But, as we well know, things are not necessarily that straightforward and customer friendly as they used to be. Nevertheless this hotel IS flexible. Another idea would be to pay to upgrade to a higher category if they offer that, and then hope for an even further upgrade based on status.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
I stayed recently and did not receive an upgrade as Glob (better rooms available on App). Perhaps as it was my first stay there. Great property though i must say, one i will miss when the Hyatt years are over starting 2018.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by banzani
I stayed recently and did not receive an upgrade as Glob (better rooms available on App). Perhaps as it was my first stay there. Great property though i must say, one i will miss when the Hyatt years are over starting 2018.
Not even a view room?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Maybe I don't understand the subtle differences here but i can't fathom any room without a view. I had booked a park view and we were looking at the Imperial Palace, so i assumed this was what we booked.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:39 pm

Why not the PH in Tokyo?
Because PHT doesn't have a lounge?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by banzani
Maybe I don't understand the subtle differences here but i can't fathom any room without a view.
The room categories, in order of best to worst:

(various suites)
Park View
Park Deluxe
Park
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
The room categories, in order of best to worst:

(various suites)
Park View
Park Deluxe
Park
It would seem you're thinking of the PH. And since the poster you quoted had a view of the Imperial Palace I believe they were talking about the Andaz, where the categories other than suites are, in ascending order:

Andaz King/Twin
Andaz Bay/Park/Tower View King/Twin
Andz Large King
Andaz Tower View Large King

I have no idea what kind of "view" the standard rooms might have.

On the topic of upgrades, due to the small number of standard rooms I think there is a good possibility of getting upgraded to a View room, but die to the small number and also popularity of the Large rooms, upgrades to those, especially for non-Globs are much less likely.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
It would seem you're thinking of the PH. And since the poster you quoted had a view of the Imperial Palace I believe they were talking about the Andaz, where the categories other than suites are, in ascending order:

Andaz King/Twin
Andaz Bay/Park/Tower View King/Twin
Andz Large King
Andaz Tower View Large King

I have no idea what kind of "view" the standard rooms might have.
You are correct. Too much PH talk in this thread lately.

As for the view, the difference between 47th and 50th floors is pretty minuscule, so the only difference I can see is in what direction you want to face.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
As for the view, the difference between 47th and 50th floors is pretty minuscule, so the only difference I can see is in what direction you want to face.
I've always wondered about the view from the standard rooms. As I pretty much focus only on P&C rates here, there is of course a fair chance we'll eventually end up in a standard room.

If I'm not mistaken, when they first opened I thought they were charging more for a Tower View room, but every time I've looked for some while now the Bay/Park/Tower View rooms have all been priced the same, although the Tower View rooms seem to sell out first, with the Park View rooms the last of the 3 to sell.

They do of course still differentiate in rate between the Large King and the Tower View Large King.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by brodes
Question about scoring a comp upgrade at the Andaz Tokyo next week:

I am explorist status and wife is Discoverist. I can either book using points + cash from my account or Chase free sign up night certificate from my wife's.

I've heard that they upgrade rather easily. Will either one make a significant difference as far as chances for upgrades next week?
I wouldn't at all say that this property upgrades easily. First of all, no one can use TSUs/DSUs here as their suites are too expensive to go into the upgrade pool. Some people report getting a larger room, but the best I've had has been a room with a view of Tokyo Tower. I'm a Diamond/Glob, although not as frequent of a guest at this property as some people here.

Like elsewhere in Japan, I would expect Andaz Tokyo to follow the rules precisely. Explorererists and Discovererists aren't entitled to upgrades.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by nollbit
Because PHT doesn't have a lounge?
Andaz doesn't have a club lounge either.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I would expect Andaz Tokyo to follow the rules precisely. Explorererists and Discovererists aren't entitled to upgrades.
Maybe you should re-read the rules.

Per WoH T&C, Explorists are entitled to best available non-suite room.

At Andaz Tokyo that is the same upgrade that Globs are entitled to, although presumably, and rightly so, they give preference to upgrading Globs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.