Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2020, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd probably think of the HR or maybe this would be a good time to try the gorgeous historic hotel in Tokyo Station since there are virtually no benefits there anyway.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'd probably think of the HR or maybe this would be a good time to try the gorgeous historic hotel in Tokyo Station since there are virtually no benefits there anyway.
Agreed.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
The people running the gorgeous historic hotel in Tokyo Station have come to their senses and have shut it down for stays.
https://www.tokyostationhotel.jp/inf...aryclosed2020/

Seriously, stay home.
OsakaWino likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

All restaurants and bars are shut down until further notice.

https://www.andaztokyo.jp/restaurant...ews/detail/354
Old May 1, 2020, 7:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hailstorm
All restaurants and bars are shut down until further notice.

https://www.andaztokyo.jp/restaurant...ews/detail/354
Are they still doing room service F&B? If not, are hotel guests expected to "self cater" and buy stuff in grocery or convenience stores to eat in their rooms, for example for breakfast?
Old May 1, 2020, 7:32 am

Are they still doing room service F&B? If not, are hotel guests expected to "self cater" and buy stuff in grocery or convenience stores to eat in their rooms, for example for breakfast?
The hotel is closed until at least June 1, with some limited exceptions for long-term guests. There is no F&B service. Period. Full stop.
Old May 30, 2020, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Opening on Monday, June 1 and limited to accommodations and food at the Tavern.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Toranomon Hills Station, located beneath the Andaz Tokyo, will finally open this Saturday.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...head-june-1-7/
Old Sep 21, 2020, 7:32 am

Admittedly I haven’t been back to the Andaz since late 2018, but is that building blocking part of the view of the Tower Rooms new since 2018?

I only recall a new building popping up on the Imperial Palace/ North side, didn’t know there’s another one facing the Tokyo Tower!
Old Sep 21, 2020, 2:25 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Yeah, that's the Toranomon Hills Residental Tower. The one to the North of the hotel, Toranomon Hills Business Tower, was topped out last year-ish. Last time I was at Andaz (November) it was still going up.

https://www.mori.co.jp/en/projects/t...identialtower/
Central90210 likes this.

Last edited by SNA_Flyer; Sep 21, 2020 at 5:52 pm Reason: Corrected terminology.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
That residential tower seems taller than the business tower, which doesn't block the view from the rooms. Only the pool floor (on the 37th, I believe) is obstructed by the business tower. So much for the Tokyo Tower view. I've never much cared for it anyway. The only reason to go up the tower would be because it's the only place where it's not visible in the skyline.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 10:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Pickles
That residential tower seems taller than the business tower, which doesn't block the view from the rooms.
The Residential Tower is 215 m and the Business Tower is 185 m. Mori Tower is 247 m (or 255 m if the antennas, etc., are included).
Old Sep 21, 2020, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
The Residential Tower is 215 m and the Business Tower is 185 m. Mori Tower is 247 m (or 255 m if the antennas, etc., are included).
Actually a shrewd business move on the Andaz part to move the spectacular views to the Rooftop Lounge.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 12:18 am

Found this rendering online, looks like there won’t be much view to speak of from the Andaz in a few years time, with its north, south and west sides surrounded by new skyscrapers of differing heights.

Old Sep 22, 2020, 12:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Good news, now they can further monetize the remaining side that has views.
Central90210 and lamont2718 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.