Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by antonius66
Uhh probably because selling them at 2,3,10x the normal value is a much better business decision than giving them to you for 15 or 20k points? It's a business not a charity. I am all about expecting loyalty benefits to be honored and calling out companies when they abuse the relationship, but frankly I have to say if you are expecting award nights during the Olympics I think you are being beyond absurd. I would use a different term but I don't want to get hit with some moderator nonsense. Just patently absurd.
i guess i should have specified that i am willing to pay upward of $1,000 per night per room and was not talking about award points.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by suite2suite

i guess i should have specified that i am willing to pay upward of $1,000 per night per room and was not talking about award points.
Since rates at the Andaz for a base level room can be about 70,000 yen per night (plus tax, etc.) on some dates, a thousand dollars a night might not be enough during the Olympics even if the property isn't contracted out to VIPs.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 12:29 pm

Andaz is in fact bought out for Oly and Para games. You need to be a sponsor or go thru organizing committee to get a room allocated.
caliform likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Unless you really like sports, I would stay away during this time. Tokyo will be a nightmare.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

New subway station opening for Toronomon Hills
Direct subway access coming before the Summer Olympics.
lamont2718 and bhrubin like this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Aventine
New subway station opening for Toronomon Hills
Direct subway access coming before the Summer Olympics.
Considering that they have been working on this station for more than a year now, the available photos and video do not show a lot of progress. Typical for current construction in greater Tokyo.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Considering that they have been working on this station for more than a year now, the available photos and video do not show a lot of progress. Typical for current construction in greater Tokyo.
definitely beats the NYC 2nd Avenue work!
Old Aug 31, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When the DC Metro was being built, workers seemed to be digging holes at the same intersections for several years.

.....and then we have the subway system in Shanghai, where available subway maps cannot keep up with the new lines that are being opened.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
email the hotel and unless it is pretty close to being sold out they will almost definitely confirm an upgrade for you to a king room with view, likely tower view if available

although a very select few have received a suite upgrade here, it is rare
Anyone know the right email address to use to request an upgrade to a king room with the Tower view (as a Glob)?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by andreiz
Anyone know the right email address to use to request an upgrade to a king room with the Tower view (as a Glob)?
I've always received prompt and efficient responses from [email protected]
andreiz likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 5:09 am

I've always received prompt and efficient responses from [email protected]
Thank you. Emailed and they promptly responded that they don’t upgrade award stays, instead they will offer a cash upgrade at check-in. Is this typical of this property?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 5:19 am

I've always been given one automatically at check in, preassigned to me.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 7:27 am

Thank you. Emailed and they promptly responded that they don’t upgrade award stays, instead they will offer a cash upgrade at check-in. Is this typical of this property?

Sounds like whomever replied is not well trained or did not know your a Glob. They are not required to upgrade you in advance but any upgrade on arrival (which you are guaranteed unless they are sold out) is complimentary. I’ve never been a “offered” a cash upgrade from any Hyatt....
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:37 am

I suspect that there might be a slight language miscommunication.

Just a guess, but I think they might mean that they will not guarantee an upgrade and if you would like to lock in an upgrade it is possible as a cash upgrade. This is well within the WoH T&C.

Nevertheless, this is a departure from their policy in the past (the management level staff has changed and I noticed many economies on our last stay in May of this year).

At the moment, I think I would request a "clarification", and see if you can get anyone better. Other than that, I would demand the upgrade if it was showing online for the entire length of your stay. Unfortunately, properties can be very stubborn and stingy regarding such upgrades.

Good luck
Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:35 am

I suspect that there might be a slight language miscommunication.

Just a guess, but I think they might mean that they will not guarantee an upgrade and if you would like to lock in an upgrade it is possible as a cash upgrade. This is well within the WoH T&C.

Nevertheless, this is a departure from their policy in the past (the management level staff has changed and I noticed many economies on our last stay in May of this year).

At the moment, I think I would request a "clarification", and see if you can get anyone better. Other than that, I would demand the upgrade if it was showing online for the entire length of your stay. Unfortunately, properties can be very stubborn and stingy regarding such upgrades.

Good luck
Yes, I understand they can't guarantee it. Just emailed back asking if a Tower View room is available upon check-in, whether they would upgrade me. We'll see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.