Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Sounds wonderful! Did you use a TSU? Thinking about staying next year.
Yes -- I booked 2 nights at cash-and-points, was able to apply the DSU/TSU to that booking, and then I (much) later added the free glob night as the last night. After doing that, I emailed the hotel to ask if they could link the bookings and they made it clear that it was no problem. (I didn't do the two-reservation thing as an intentional workaround to the rule that you can't use a TSU on a free night award -- I actually had intended only to stay two nights at first, but then was able to take an extra day off.)

Breakfast was fabulous this morning, on par with PH Beijing, PH Seoul. Not as many menu/made-to-order options as PH Saigon but the quality of the made-to-order egg dishes was very high.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 6:36 pm

I was at the hotel for a three-night stay during the last weekend of July. Used a TSU to upgrade the P+C booking to a Suite, and upon check-in, was further upgraded to a Park Suite with View.

I echo all the wonderful comments about this hotel, and this is now one of our favorite Park Hyatts in Europe (if not the world). Wonderful service throughout, even from the Concierge in arranging hotel and activities bookings prior to my arrival.

Breakfast at the Bank Restaurant was wonderful.

Will definitely be back here in the future.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
I echo all the wonderful comments about this hotel, and this is now one of our favorite Park Hyatts in Europe (if not the world). Wonderful service throughout, even from the Concierge in arranging hotel and activities bookings prior to my arrival.
Agree, this is a fantastic property. Will be there next weekend myself.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:19 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
I was at the hotel for a three-night stay during the last weekend of July.
There were at least 3 FTers in the hotel last weekend. I had the pleasure of meeting platbrowguy. Too bad we didn't know you were also there. It would have been a pleasure.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
There were at least 3 FTers in the hotel last weekend. I had the pleasure of meeting platbrowguy. Too bad we didn't know you were also there. It would have been a pleasure.
I took a break and did not check Flyertalk during my holidays in Europe. Sorry to have missed you all!
Old Aug 7, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ceebee100
Any other hotels that we know of where they no longer offer complimentary room service breakfast? I know for a fact when I was there a couple of months ago, PH Washington DC and PH Toronto offered it. There were reports that the Hyatt Regency Nice also offered it.

If anybody stayed at any of these since March 1, it would be interesting to see if it's still offered at these hotels among others.
I know I'm necro-posting...

but PH Beaver Creek still did in-room breakfast as of June.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes
I know I'm necro-posting...

but PH Beaver Creek still did in-room breakfast as of June.
I was told at check in that room service breakfast was no longer a complementary diamond benefit at PH Milan in March and PH Zurich in May. I also inquired about it at the GH Berlin in July (nope), but unlike the others, I don't recall if they previously offered it as a benefit.

I was offered room service in Vienna in August (2016) but did not take them up on it because the Bank is spectacular.

Last edited by BobR; Aug 8, 2017 at 10:24 am
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BobR
I was told at check in that room service breakfast was no longer a complementary diamond benefit at PH Milan in March and PH Zurich in May. I also inquired about it at the GH Berlin in July (nope), but I don't recall if they ever offered it as a benefit before WOH.

I was offered room service in Vienna in August (2016) but did not take them up on it because the Bank is spectacular.
It was a Diamond benefit but they stated in the T&C now that it isn't. Some properties will offer it as a grandfathered benefit to frequent guests.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It never was a generic Diamond benefit... just something that specific properties offer.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 2:20 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
P+C+TSU=Best Hotel Award Redemption Anywhere

Just finished up a fantastic weekend stay. What I find particularly impressive (and unusual) here is how staff manages to deliver 5* service without arrogance or pretense.

Had a massage in the spa and dinner at The Bank, and recommend both highly. Top quality at fair prices.

If Hyatt had more properties like this one, I would have found a way to maintain Globalist.
PortlySpartacus likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: Skymiles Platinum / Alaska MVP Gold 75K
My wife and I just had an incredible 5 night stay at the Park Hyatt Vienna. Highly recommended. It is easily the most beautiful hotel we have stayed in.

The hotel itself is absolutely stunning both inside and outside. Every night when we would return from dinner and stand in the square outside the hotel, we'd marvel just at the storybook beauty of the hotel and the surrounding churches and buildings. On-top of that the young staff is really charming and down-to-earth at the front desk, in the spa, and in the restaurants. The pool in the old vault is pretty cool too. The only weakness we found was the TV which had basically every single Gulf TV station and only a handful of English stations. But who goes to Vienna to watch TV?

It was actually my wife's first time returning to the city she was born in 30 years ago and I'm so happy we were able to stay here (we used 2 free nights on my Hyatt Card and 75k Chase UR points to book). Just an amazing stay.
bigguyinpasadena likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL
Had a nice 4 night stay recently, I do have a few concerns.

The property is amazing, the rooms are good and overall the hard product is top tier. However, the hotel lacks in the soft product.

I am at the lowest status so was not expecting an upgrade, so it wasn't a big deal. Rooms are nice and big. The concierge was very helpful with dinner reservations. I didn't dine at the property so cannot comment on the cafe or restaurant.

Now the critical parts. The front desk staff, the doormen, the staff just outside the restaurant area are very nonchalant. Even exchanging simple pleasantries seems to be too much to ask. Very rarely they acknowledge any guests walking by. One evening I came in after it was raining and had gotten a little wet in the rain, got stares instead of any concerns about being out in rain. However, I did notice that the rich Arab types were getting fawning attention.

Housekeeping was good, however kept knocking while I was showering at 10am on a Sunday morning even though I was not checking out that day. And one night left behind cleaning supplies in the room.

The shower gel seriously smells nasty, don't know why they went for such a strong citric smell. I used it once and went out and bought another one from a store nearby.

At a rate of 500 eur plus taxes, the soft product is not at par.

Aside, the staff at the Ritz and Palais Coburg were a pleasure!
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by krdvg
Now the critical parts. The front desk staff, the doormen, the staff just outside the restaurant area are very nonchalant. Even exchanging simple pleasantries seems to be too much to ask. Very rarely they acknowledge any guests walking by.
I can't believe you're talking about the same property. Two stays this year, some of the friendliest staff I've encountered anywhere. The front desk agent who checked me in last stay couldn't have been more charming, suggested several off the beaten track things to do in the area. The doormen always welcomed me with a smile and brief, but pleasant conversation. I honestly don't think there was single instance during my three night stay last month where staff did not say hello to me in the public areas. The only minor criticism I have is that the breakfast staff can be a bit lackadaisical. Dinner was a completely different story, with excellent service (and excellent food at very reasonable prices).

The shower gel seriously smells nasty
Blaise Mautin. I really like it . . . much prefer a citrus scent to something sweet and perfumey. But toiletry preferences are obviously highly personal.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by Kacee
I can't believe you're talking about the same property. Two stays this year, some of the friendliest staff I've encountered anywhere. The front desk agent who checked me in last stay couldn't have been more charming, suggested several off the beaten track things to do in the area. The doormen always welcomed me with a smile and brief, but pleasant conversation.
Don't know why it was off for me. Maybe cause I don't have status or booked the lowest room category or looked weird as a solo traveler hehe. I would always smile, say hi, but got a warm response less than half the times.

Would definitely like to stay again since the location is very good and rooms are nice, but not going to be in Vienna again any time soon.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:55 am

Don't know why it was off for me. Maybe cause I don't have status or booked the lowest room category or looked weird as a solo traveler hehe. I would always smile, say hi, but got a warm response less than half the times.
Sorry to hear you had a poor experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.