Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2014, 6:22 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by flo_147
They just got 84 new routers this monday and the internet should now hopefully work perfectly fine in all rooms
Any recent experiences with the internet? I only travel with wifi devices so poorly performing internet is a big downer....

FDW
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Any recent experiences with the internet? I only travel with wifi devices so poorly performing internet is a big downer....

FDW
FDW, I had intermittent trouble with it. It was fast and reliable, then unable to connect, then fast and reliable again, followed by spotty and slow during a three night stay.

It seems that they are aware of the issues and are working on it. They sent up a box of chocolates when I inquired about it.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt

FDW
When I had problem using their mostly slow internet for VOIP, they authorized free international phone calls directly from the phone in my room.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:29 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jarusoba
When I had problem using their mostly slow internet for VOIP, they authorized free international phone calls directly from the phone in my room.
Originally Posted by ellyrambo
FDW, I had intermittent trouble with it. It was fast and reliable, then unable to connect, then fast and reliable again, followed by spotty and slow during a three night stay.

It seems that they are aware of the issues and are working on it. They sent up a box of chocolates when I inquired about it.
All good things to know.. I like chocolate for sure... but hopefully by October they will have things sorted out....

FDW
Old Oct 6, 2014, 2:22 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
WLAN worked fine.

Very nice hotel and rooms. Very good FD staff, but invisible GM. No welcome letzter

Pool and pool room rather could. Nice sauna, which is unfortunately separated.

Good breakfast but service issues during breakfast.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Two day stay in August, upgraded C&P to a nice Park Suite. Hardware wise I think this Hotel could become one of the best hotels in Europe.

Service had a couple of very serious blunders in particular on the housekeeping and front desk side. Restaurant service was great as was the breakfast.

No issues with the internet.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:03 pm

Here now and this hotel is so beautifully modern. No issues with the internet and will check out breakfast later. Very impressed with all the digital features.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:37 am

Any recommendations for eating options nearby?

Thanks.
Fdw
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Any recommendations for eating options nearby?
I could think of maybe 50. Seriously you are right in the center of Vienna. I would discuss it with the concierge if you want a more up to the minute recommendation.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
I could think of maybe 50. Seriously you are right in the center of Vienna. I would discuss it with the concierge if you want a more up to the minute recommendation.
I've actually already discussed it with the concierge. After mentioning what I like is good simple fresh foods and not too fancy they proceeded to suggest the realism and chateaux 2 Michelin star restaurant. So I'm looking to FT for advice on what's good close to the PH Vienna. I know that not everything appeals to everyone but I would love some advice from the community I tend to trust the most.

Fdw
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:36 am

I've actually already discussed it with the concierge. After mentioning what I like is good simple fresh foods and not too fancy they proceeded to suggest the realism and chateaux 2 Michelin star restaurant. So I'm looking to FT for advice on what's good close to the PH Vienna. I know that not everything appeals to everyone but I would love some advice from the community I tend to trust the most.

Fdw
We really enjoyed our dinner at Walter Bauer, arranged by the PH concierge. It was a ~10 minute walk from the hotel.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 1:46 am

Fdw
FDW,

Thank you for often helping this community.

There are many restaurants within walking distance, 3-10 minutes. The Huth restaurants are very good - there are 2 of them, side by side, about 10 minutes walking distance from the hotel. One specializes in Austrian food, the one in Italian (the third I believe is a grille). Good hearty food and highly recommended.

http://www.zum-huth.at/
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by IncyWincy
FDW,

Thank you for often helping this community.
I try to help where I can but unfortunately my knowledge is severely lacking in comparison to some of the gurus here. So unfortunately that makes me more of a taker than a giver here. Still I try to help out where I can. I do tend to trust FT leaps and bounds over tripadvisor.

There are many restaurants within walking distance, 3-10 minutes. The Huth restaurants are very good - there are 2 of them, side by side, about 10 minutes walking distance from the hotel. One specializes in Austrian food, the one in Italian (the third I believe is a grille). Good hearty food and highly recommended.

http://www.zum-huth.at/
Thanks I will check it out.

Originally Posted by ellyrambo
We really enjoyed our dinner at Walter Bauer, arranged by the PH concierge. It was a ~10 minute walk from the hotel.
Looks promising. Ill ask the concierge about it.

We had dinner at labstelle last night on a FTer (LM225) recommendation. Definitely a solid modern farm to table eatery. About 750 m from the hotel.

Fdw
Old Oct 22, 2014, 5:07 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

about it.

We had dinner at labstelle last night on a FTer (LM225) recommendation. Definitely a solid modern farm to table eatery. About 750 m from the hotel.

Fdw
Glad you enjoyed! And glad to see the internet seems to be working
Old Oct 22, 2014, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I've actually already discussed it with the concierge. After mentioning what I like is good simple fresh foods and not too fancy they proceeded to suggest the realism and chateaux 2 Michelin star restaurant.
Wow, that doesn't sound like a good concierge. Maybe try asking at another nearby hotel. Sorry, but I'm not good at recalling the names of the local restaurants. I only know how to get to them on foot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.