Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 10:10 am

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
Can someone tell me why PH Vienna is sold out of points rooms for New Year's Eve ("NYE")? Is there a minimum award stay (like PH Paris has 3 days min)? Rates seem obscene and even with 5 days booked it's not available. I am assuming there is some NYE symphony. I did not expect Vienna to be a destination for NYE. Curous,
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:52 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
VIE is a YUUUGE destination for New Year’s Eve. Balls all over the city and at least six open-air concerts
Jerkstore likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
nuf said
Old Jul 20, 2020, 7:32 pm

Anyone stay here recently? Looking at last week of August.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 3:17 am

I was staying here last week. Everything was opened except the living room and lounge. The bank was opened for a la carte breakfast and dinner (maybe lunch as well). Breakfast was in my opinion the same as before, very good in term of quality. It was funny to see that the quantity was less during the weekend compared to weekday. Room service with limited options but still very good in my opinion. Breakfast could be taken at the Bank or room service.

I was upgraded to Park Suite a day before from standard room. All in all, PH Vienna provided a very good service despite the current situation.
MarkP24 likes this.

Last edited by iD6868; Jul 21, 2020 at 3:33 am
Old Jul 21, 2021, 4:55 am

We (2 adults 1 teen) will use a TSU for the Park suite. Any experience with the rollaway cost? I have come across info such as 60 euros per night, as well as free rollaway. Has anyone had any experience?
Old Oct 3, 2021, 5:03 am

Completed a stay here recently. Overall stay was good. Would stay here again.

Used a TSU. No further upgrade given beyond park suite. Didn’t really check or ask as a room was ready arriving early AM. Good enough for me. Appreciated the big bottles of water they left in room and they would give smaller plastic bottles in lobby if you ask.

Breakfast was good. It was the same everyday but lovely. Took it at the Bank. I liked the fig mustard jam. Reminded me of wasabi. They have the open champagne bottles in the bottle during breakfast. The hot food items you can order are various eggs and buttermilk pancakes.The lounge and other places mentioned in an earlier post that were closed are still closed.

Spa was open but book early if you want treatment as they were mostly booked.

Location is obviously fantastic and easy to walk around in the center. The CAT from the airport is closed. Purchase a ticket at the airport to the U1/3 Stephanplatz, ask the obb staff to validate the ticket when purchasing. There is one transfer. it’s about a 5-7min leisurely walk to the hotel once leaving the train station. About euros 4.80 per person for ticket.

The hotel provides on-site complimentary rapid antigen test and PCR for 59-89euros (higher price for faster result). The antigen test was good enough for me (for my return flight) and it’s useful for 24hours in terms of eating restaurants and such in Vienna. The company handling it said I could take it everyday if I wanted. Passed on that.
The hotel does not mandate masking wearing while on premises. They did ask for our vaccination proof when checking in.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Only hiccup is I had to ask for one item (is complimentary) 3 times over 2 days. And all 3 times I was at the front desk when I asked.

Checkout was uneventful. I was able to use my Hyatt card thru Applepay on checkout as I had left the physical card at home. The bonus credit card points did come through properly.
zip10001 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 1:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just wrapped up a three night stay. Close to perfect. Used TSU to confirm into Park Suite. Property was fully booked but did not feel it. Breakfast was outstanding, so much better than the offerings at StR Rome, where we were prior four nights. The staff here are fantastic - an all too rare blend of competence and warmth. One of the absolute gems of the Hyatt system. Look forward to returning soon.
59Impala, MarkP24 and zip10001 like this.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 9:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Review for a stay completed in August.

Booking & Check In
Booked directly on hyatt.com on points for a Standard King. I received an email from the property a few days before which resulted in a confirmed suite upgrade to a Park Suite (standard suite -- cash rate would’ve been $960/night for the suite). Upon arrival, check-in was straightforward and delightful, they recognized Globalist and explained breakfast benefits clearly (room service is covered except for delivery fee).

Hotel & location
As many have commented, the hotel is gorgeous inside and out. They did a lovely job maintaining the opulence of the bank while making it a perfectly functional hotel. The hotel is right in the heart of Vienna, with pristine city walkways, cafes, restaurants, shops, beautiful churches, and so much more. It’s a delightful area to just wander around all day and into the night.

One small tip, don’t overlook the glass elevator near the restaurant. It was rarely in-use, and more convenient than the main elevator bank.

Room
The suite was plenty spacious and perfectly functional. The bed was a bit firm for our liking, but they added a topper that made it very comfortable. The decor was a smidge over-the-top compared to other PHs, but it was still a very good room overall. The A/C was also excellent, among the best I’ve ever seen in a European hotel, which was a relief given that there was a bit of a heat wave when we visited. Sadly we didn’t have much of a view given the windows being far back from awning which made looking down onto the street rather hard. Another small note, the deep-soaking tub was button operated and filled faster than most.

The only problem with the room was that we could hear our upstairs neighbors quite a bit. In fact, one night they seemed to be hosting a get together and people were walking around and occasionally scooting furniture until well past 1am. I did ask the front desk for some assistance, which I know is tricky in the middle of the night, but their main suggestion was to switch to another room. It was nice they were willing to do so, but I wasn’t really in the mood to pack and unpack again. Fortunately the noise died down by 1:30am. My annoyance was furthered a bit because the front desk also didn’t seem to really believe me, they tried multiple times to suggest it was thunder. In fact, when I ran into other staff the next day they also apologized for the thunder (lulz -- I’m an imperfect human, but I’m fairly confident I can distinguish chairs scooting across hardwood floors from thunder).

Service
Aside from the room noise, our main interaction with staff was getting breakfast in the restaurant. Service there was exceptional, fast and efficient. Turndown service was also seamless, and a couple times we got takeout that didn’t include plasticware, but housekeeping happily provided utensils.

One last note on service, we needed a Covid PCR test, and fortunately there’s a clinic attached to the hotel. It was fairly easy to stop by and get our sample taken. They offered two pricing tiers for results speed. Results were delivered on time via email.

Conclusion
If it weren’t for the one night of restless sleep this probably would have made it my favorite PH hotel. In any case, the stay was still delightful overall, and I would likely stay here again should we ever find ourselves in Vienna again.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 8:46 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by manu08
One last note on service, we needed a Covid PCR test, and fortunately there’s a clinic attached to the hotel. It was fairly easy to stop by and get our sample taken. They offered two pricing tiers for results speed. Results were delivered on time via email.
Note that antigen test - which works for return to US - is free, with test results available in less than an hour.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by manu08

One small tip, don’t overlook the glass elevator near the restaurant. It was rarely in-use, and more convenient than the main elevator bank.
well this was really the only elevator option to access the SPA. The other elevator from the lobby did not work and I asked a staff member if they could help me with the elevator to get me down there. They said it doesn’t seem to be working, I will let maintenance know. Nothing came of that as it still did not work for the remainder of my stay.

Originally Posted by Kacee
Note that antigen test - which works for return to US - is free, with test results available in less than an hour.

20mins. And you can take it every day, should you choose to do so for whatever reason.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by nas6034
20mins.
It took just under an hour for ours. And staff made an error entering both of our birthdates, which made it impossible to retrieve our certificates, so we had to rush back from the Prater before they closed in order to iron everything out in time for our flight the next morning. Not the hotel's problem or fault, but just a heads up. I'd advise leaving some extra time if you're taking the test to meet a travel requirement.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 9:03 am

It took just under an hour for ours. And staff made an error entering both of our birthdates, which made it impossible to retrieve our certificates, so we had to rush back from the Prater before they closed in order to iron everything out in time for our flight the next morning. Not the hotel's problem or fault, but just a heads up. I'd advise leaving some extra time if you're taking the test to meet a travel requirement.
That's fair. I took it on a Monday for my Thursday flight (outside the 72hrs but is "3 days prior to the flight". Wanted to get it over with. I do recall writing in the actual birth month to avoid that confusion because e.g., 07/04 could be July 4 or April 7 depending on where in the world you are. Not necessarily saying that was the issue with you.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by nas6034
I do recall writing in the actual birth month to avoid that confusion because e.g., 07/04 could be July 4 or April 7 depending on where in the world you are. Not necessarily saying that was the issue with you.
The issue was an incompetent staffer (not PH Vienna staff, but whatever agency handles the covid testing).

I wrote out month (e.g., "October") for exactly that reason. Staffer turned 27 into 26 (for me) and 25 into 22 (for gf). No logical explanation, just flat out incompetence. She had not only the clearly filled in forms, but our passports as well.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Just wrapped up a three night stay. Close to perfect. Used TSU to confirm into Park Suite. Property was fully booked but did not feel it. Breakfast was outstanding, so much better than the offerings at StR Rome, where we were prior four nights. The staff here are fantastic - an all too rare blend of competence and warmth. One of the absolute gems of the Hyatt system. Look forward to returning soon.
Have you stayed at Hotel Imperial and be able to compare? I had to cancel Hotel Imperial (MB points and SNA) for December 2020, will have to decide for December 2022 (yes it's a long way off but that's planning for Christmas Markets, which are closed for 2021 again).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.