Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2018, 4:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Travellingwithbaby
How long are all of you that have used TSU's at this hotel booking in advance? I won't get mine until close to the end of this year...(impatiently waiting)... I just booked a 5-night P&C stay here for June. What are the chances I will be able to apply one? Thank you!
No specific prediction for your situation, but this property has a large number of base level suites and is one of the easier TSU redemptions. The fact that they typically cost over 1000 Euro per night also helps for purposes of TSU upgrades.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United 1K, Virgin Atlantic Gold,
Does anyone know if P&C shows up closer to the actual date of stay?
I am looking to stay there the end of September / beginning of October.

I am a Globalist if that makes any difference.

Thanks much
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
To upgrade using a TSU, what suite inventory needs to be available? If a Park Suite is not available, but a Park View Suite is available, can you still use the TSU at this property?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Hi,

Free night at 25K x4
Points and Cash at 12.5k plus 127 EUR x4 = 508 EUR plus 50K
4 nights with 4th night free via Prestige is 1147 EUR

What should I do, and why?

Thanks for advice.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Platinum, UA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by KL808
Hi,

Free night at 25K x4
Points and Cash at 12.5k plus 127 EUR x4 = 508 EUR plus 50K

What should I do, and why?

Thanks for advice.
I would do option 1, free nights. Park Hyatts are the some of the best values in using points. save your cash on some great dinners.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by LA2CDG
I would do option 1, free nights. Park Hyatts are the some of the best values in using points. save your cash on some great dinners.
But this specific redemption is less than US $0.015 per point, which in my opinion is a terrible redemption. So is cash and points, where 50K saves only 639 euro.

I tend to use points only when I get at least $0.025 per point.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by KL808
That's exceptionally cheap for this property.

What you should do depends on whether you want to burn points to save cash, or vice-versa. As noted above, this is not a particularly high value redemption. I personally won't redeem Hyatt below 1.5 cents per point.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Thanks guys, Im gonna go the paid route.
CloudCoder likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
The suites there are amazing you might look to see if your rate is eligible for the 6K per night suite upgrade award. If not, see how much extra it would be.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:10 pm

I recently stayed at the PH Vienna. I booked with P+C and used a TSU to upgrade to a Park suite. Check in was interesting where they take you up to your suite and do the check in there. Not sure if this is typical as I have never had this experience at any of the other PHs I have stayed at. Good security measure of requiring key to access your floor on the elevator. Also after getting off the elevator, there is a separate door that requires your key to access the hallway that leads to the guest rooms.

The suite is nice, although the bedroom is fairly small. They have electronic light switches and blind and shade controls. Air conditioning worked well to cool the room adequately. The bathroom and closet are fairly large. Separate bathtub and showers as expected. Closet light is activated based on motion sensors.

The Bank restaurant at breakfast can be quite hectic with slow service. So expect some mayhem or else you may be disappointed. Breakfast food option was adequate and you can order eggs, pancakes, french toast, etc. The buffet was ok, without being outstanding. I was not as impressed with the breakfast. There are other PHs with much better breakfast.

Concierge was not very helpful and limited in his knowledge. But this has generally been my experience with concierges at most PH properties.

Housekeeping was quite good and they changed towels and provided additional amenities at evening turn down service.

Overall PH Vienna is located centrally near the main shopping district. If you want to take the U-bahn, it is a short walk (5min) to the nearest station. Taxi or car service is recommended for trips to/from the airport as the rates are reasonable.

It is a decent Park Hyatt, but not one of their best properties.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Time traveller
The suite is nice, although the bedroom is fairly small.
Perhaps in your suite. The suites vary considerably in size and layout.

The Bank restaurant at breakfast can be quite hectic with slow service. So expect some mayhem or else you may be disappointed. Breakfast food option was adequate and you can order eggs, pancakes, french toast, etc. The buffet was ok, without being outstanding. I was not as impressed with the breakfast. There are other PHs with much better breakfast.
I found the breakfast here excellent. There are more extensive buffets in Asia, but the quality is outstanding.

It is a decent Park Hyatt, but not one of their best properties.
Many will disagree with this statement.
beachfan, luvFclass and 59Impala like this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Perhaps in your suite. The suites vary considerably in size and layout.

I found the breakfast here excellent. There are more extensive buffets in Asia, but the quality is outstanding.

Many will disagree with this statement.
People have different experiences at a specific hotel. I am sure you had an excellent experience at this property and I am happy that your stay(s) was/were spectacular. Your comments on my stay report are noted.

The good thing about this forum is that we can each share our own experiences and our opinions. We can agree to disagree as no one person's experience will be the same as another's...

Many people claim that this is the best Hyatt property that they have stayed. I am happy for them. I just do not share that opinion. It is not the worst nor the best Hyatt IMO. For a P+C stay with a TSU, it was a great "value" stay. But if I were paying €500+ per night cash, I would probably look at other hotels. Just my 2c.
francophile and Kacee like this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Surprised at the comments on breakfast. I thought quality was great, variety wonderful and service excellent.

My bedroom in the suite was normal sized and the overall size was large with a large bathroom and large dressing area/closet as well as large living/dining area.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Why is this the best Hyatt? It feels almost as bad as (if not worse, in fact way worse hardware wise and equally bad service wise) than the NYC PH. There is no body lotion in the bathroom! And why only one glass in the bathroom and single vanity?

We had a very turbulent time checking in and ended up taking almost 2 hours. There was no upgrade for FHR and no acknowledgement of benefits. The 1 king 'deluxe' room is really depressing with recessing walls (due to its position in the attic) but only with very tiny windows on two sides, so we are sleeping facing a giant inclining wall. (This is not a points redemption stay - we paid full freight of 500 Euros!)
FDA kept saying 'will talk to my manager' but why don't just let the manager see us? We disliked our room so much (to a point it's not even about upgrades) we actually asked if we could voluntarily downgrade and switch with someone else in a base room, they still kept shrugging their shoulders (claiming everybody is checked in at 5pm - really??). Instead of offering something on the spot, they just slipped in a handwritten note hours later (it was signed anonymously) offering two drinks, but only problem is we don't drink! Social media team sent a message asking what's happening only to reply 'well I'm not working this weekend'

Additional issues include dirty glasses in the minibar, a broken LED light that runs along the length of the bedroom making the room even darker and getting attitude when requesting it fixed (initially told 'it can't be done' then 'if you keep it on it will remain on forever' - both lies), I can keep going.

The restaurant where we had dinner in was also mediocre and we left our main plates largely unfinished - very imbalanced flavors and tastes. 110 EUR for a fully cooked (when requested medium) burger, a truffle risotto that tasted anything but truffle, a soup and an app - no drinks. I can pay high prices but I expect quality food (ie at the Conrad Rangali. Or Hyatt-wise the BDT at PH DC.)

Last edited by G-CIVC; Nov 23, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Why is this the best Hyatt? It feels almost as bad as (if not worse, in fact way worse hardware wise and equally bad service wise) than the NYC PH. There is no body lotion in the bathroom! And why only one glass in the bathroom and single vanity?

We had a very turbulent time checking in and ended up taking almost 2 hours. There was no upgrade for FHR and no acknowledgement of benefits. The 1 king 'deluxe' room is really depressing with recessing walls (due to its position in the attic) but only with very tiny windows on two sides, so we are sleeping facing a giant inclining wall. (This is not a points redemption stay - we paid full freight of 500 Euros!)
FDA kept saying 'will talk to my manager' but why don't just let the manager see us? We disliked our room so much (to a point it's not even about upgrades) we actually asked if we could voluntarily downgrade and switch with someone else in a base room, they still kept shrugging their shoulders (claiming everybody is checked in at 5pm - really??). Instead of offering something on the spot, they just slipped in a handwritten note hours later (it was signed anonymously) offering two drinks, but only problem is we don't drink! Social media team sent a message asking what's happening only to reply 'well I'm not working this weekend'

Additional issues include dirty glasses in the minibar, a broken LED light that runs along the length of the bedroom making the room even darker and getting attitude when requesting it fixed (initially told 'it can't be done' then 'if you keep it on it will remain on forever' - both lies), I can keep going.

The restaurant where we had dinner in was also mediocre and we left our main plates largely unfinished - very imbalanced flavors and tastes. 110 EUR for a fully cooked (when requested medium) burger, a truffle risotto that tasted anything but truffle, a soup and an app - no drinks. I can pay high prices but I expect quality food (ie at the Conrad Rangali. Or Hyatt-wise the BDT at PH DC.)
OK, so, let's start with this:
- what happened at checkin to make it last *almost two hours*?
- How can a note be signed anonymously? Did someone sign "Anonymous"? That would be spooky.
- Was the 110 EUR price for this meal after the $100 FHR credit? If your burger wasn't cooked appropriately, why not say something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.