Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Thank you BobB and Kacee for the taxi information. So we just pay according to the meter at the taxi. How much do people usually tip the taxi driver there?

Also would I be able to get some Euro from the ATM at the airport? I assume taxi only take cash.

Sorry these questions should have gone to the destinations form.
Old May 5, 2017, 4:28 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by milemission
Thank you BobB and Kacee for the taxi information. So we just pay according to the meter at the taxi. How much do people usually tip the taxi driver there?

Also would I be able to get some Euro from the ATM at the airport? I assume taxi only take cash.

Sorry these questions should have gone to the destinations form.
Hi, glad to help ^

I can't say if there is a fixed tariff in place for the airport to the inner city but I don't remember one so yes, unless someone corrects me, the fare is the meter reading and will likely be somewhere between 40 and 60 Euros one way for the car load. Kacee mentioned 48 Euro was his fare and that sounds about right as in the middle.

Tipping is a subjective subject but generally in Austria, service is included and staff are paid a full wage so don't need to make up their salary with tips like in some places. Generally, I would recommend that you tip only a very small amount, rounding up to the nearest Euro or one above that. (so generally 2 Euro or less for anything, taxis or otherwise. Obviously, if you are in a Michelin starred (or very nice) restaurant and wish to show your appreciation, you could tip above that but still nothing more than 10% would ever be done here IMO. Yo don't need to feel you have to tip at all either, this is quite acceptable as well.

I am not sure if the taxis take credit cards yet sorry, someone else will have to answer that, best to have cash in any case with you as some places don't take card (or at least they won't for very small amounts below 10 Euros in case you were used to doing that at home).

You certainly can get cash at an ATM at the airport and I do this myself personally as the banks get a much better rate than you ever will at an exchange counter elsewhere. You do need to remember that you'll likely pay a fee as well (from your own bank on your statement, not at the machine) so do consider this and try to take out a reasonable amount of money each time to avoid any flat fees adding up. There are ATMs in the main arrivals hall and there will be signs to direct to them.

Maybe worth mentioning as well is that you can get tickets for the trains or cash in the arrivals hall, not just in the baggage claim area where there is always a larger queue of people thinking that is the only place to get it, should you or others need it.

Hope this helps, enjoy your trip to this lovely, charming city!
Old May 5, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Thank you BotB for the valuable information!
Old May 11, 2017, 11:45 pm

Have anyone been charged for a roll-away bed as diamond/glob?
Old May 12, 2017, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by milemission
Have anyone been charged for a roll-away bed as diamond/glob?
Mine was free in a DSU room for 2 adults and one child. Cash and points payment, it was the biggest bargain stay of the year.

That was back in August.

Last edited by BobR; May 12, 2017 at 1:03 am
Old May 12, 2017, 9:22 pm

Thank you!
Old May 12, 2017, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by BobR
Mine was free in a DSU room for 2 adults and one child. Cash and points payment, it was the biggest bargain stay of the year.

That was back in August.
Thanks for the information.

Last edited by milemission; May 26, 2017 at 3:02 am
Old May 13, 2017, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by BotB
Hi, glad to help ^

I can't say if there is a fixed tariff in place for the airport to the inner city but I don't remember one so yes, unless someone corrects me, the fare is the meter reading and will likely be somewhere between 40 and 60 Euros one way for the car load. Kacee mentioned 48 Euro was his fare and that sounds about right as in the middle.

After going through customs there are several taxi counters offering a fixed tarif ride into the city. Should be €36.

Here is the plan to find one of them. All are in the same place next to each other.

Don't be irritated - the assigned driver will walk with you into the parking garage from where the drive starts.
Old May 13, 2017, 2:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BotB
Kacee mentioned 48 Euro was his fare
42 Euro; that was from PH to the airport.

It was about the same coming in.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Anyone have the email to the PH Vienna GM Monique Dekker? Thank you.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Anyone have the email to the PH Vienna GM Monique Dekker? Thank you.
you can just add a period between the two names and add at hyatt.com.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Currently staying here. This hotel is amazing. Park Suite's ceilings must be 18 feet high. Windows (fully!) open over the people-filled street below. Attention to detail is obvious in everything.

Bonus: There is no service charge (% or otherwise) at all for room service, and the prices are so reasonable. What a game changer. Have called to order things twice so far.

Used one "welcome to glob" free night + two cash-and-points nights. Total 254 euro + 25000 points for 3 nights in a ridiculous suite.

We just finished a stay at Schloss Fuschl (had rented a car in Salzburg), it was a nice 2-hour drive to Vienna, and then 30 minutes or so from the outer city into the Park Hyatt. Pulled up right in front to valet the car. Check-in was done in the suite.

Looking forward to the rest of the weekend ^
Old Jul 29, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Sounds wonderful! Did you use a TSU? Thinking about staying next year.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Sounds wonderful! Did you use a TSU? Thinking about staying next year.
This hotel is arguably the best place to use a suite upgrade.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 1:59 pm

It is definitely a very solid use of a DSU that is for sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.