Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2016, 11:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Why not look at the website......?
hint: they are called twins (just like anywhere else) ;-).
Old May 29, 2016, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by RTW1
Why not look at the website......?
hint: they are called twins (just like anywhere else) ;-).
Oh god, I'm an idiot. I thought that I had looked through the entire website, but I guess I didn't scroll down far enough when looking at standard rooms. There are indeed Park Twins. ^

Thanks for the help!
Old May 29, 2016, 11:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No problem... happens to all of us :-).
Enjoy, it's a great property to use points.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by travelexpert
My choices for one night in June are PH (I am GP Diamond), Intercontinental (Spire Ambassador), Hilton Plaza (HH Diamond) or Le Meridien (SPG Gold)?

Flight in is just after midnight, flight out following day at 9 pm so will have full day to tour Vienna.

Which should I pick?
A couple of weeks ago I stayed in 3 of those: PH (as Diamond), LM (PLT), IC ( Gold ). The PH is great: lovely property, nice suite upgrade( but internal 'view'), great breakfast FOC that could not be spoiled by the bizarrely inept server, ; LM, great suite, very cheerful and slightly 'hip' atmosphere; IC ( ok but dated and nothing special for me as a Gold). All three are well located (PH and LM) the better for walking sights, IC right opposite Stadtpark U Bahn). Hilton: no idea but if there is only one in Vienna it must be the property at Wien Mitte ( ie extremely convenient for the airport train, direct line).
Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:18 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
There's no executive lounge right? Am I supposed to get some points when that happens? I thought Hyatt offers points when lounge is closed.

Thanks
Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:28 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by italdesign
There's no executive lounge right? Am I supposed to get some points when that happens? I thought Hyatt offers points when lounge is closed.

Thanks
You only get points, when there is a lounge, and it's closed.
Park Hyatts typically do not have lounges (there are some exceptions, like PH Hamburg, PH Melbourne). So points are not given.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

There's no executive lounge right?
There's no in-house Starbucks either, better stay somewhere else .
Old Jul 9, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
There's no in-house Starbucks either, better stay somewhere else .
I'm sure you're joking, but for those who do want Starbucks, there is one a few blocks away.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:03 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by GarlicFlyer
I found this staff at this hotel to be surly, particularly the front desk. I won't stay again.
Finished a three-night stay here and service (including but not limited to the front desk) was uniformly excellent. Only minor complaint I would have was that the quite excellent and new-looking machines in the fitness centre had no obvious option to switch to English, which made cardio more difficult than it needed to be. The machines are so impressive that I suspect that there must be a way to switch to English and/or imperial units, and instructions on that in the fitness centre would have been helpful.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 75K
I just finished up a 5 night stay here at the Park Hyatt Vienna. I booked using P&C + DSU which put me into a Park Suite View room. This property is simply AMAZING. It's probably one of the best non-resort hotels I've ever stayed at (topping PH Vendome, PH Zurich, Conrad Tokyo, PH&GH Tokyo).

The room itself is very modern and has keypads that controls the temp, lights, and curtains. It was a very fancy setup. The location is also is really good as it's walking distance to all the major Vienna historic sites and shopping areas. There's also a U-Bahn(subway/tram) station close by. I did use Uber from the airport to the hotel (since we were travelling with an infant), but walked or took the tram while in the city.

There's a fancy glass elevator that goes to all the floors and a very nice fitness room and pool/sauna/spa. By the changing rooms, there's a waterfall and ice bath shower, showers, sauna, and dry room.

For the Diamond breakfast, there is an extensive buffet, plus you can order items from their placard menu (things like pancakes, waffles, egg florentine, scrambled eggs with truffle, omelettes, etc.) and also drinks (cappuccino, macchiato latte, espresso, etc.)

I did not run into an service issues that people mentioned in this thread. Everyone we interacted with at the hotel was very attentive and helpful. This property really impressed me!
Old Jul 17, 2016, 5:04 pm

2 nights on C&P + DSU. Very good in general, but allow me to be a spoiled brat for a moment and say there is room for small improvement. Requesting a 2nd bed, only a modest twin bed was provided in living room, no pullout couch, which made me long for the ultra comfortable queen size pull out couch from Fairmont Pacific Rim junior suite. Also there was no way to synchronize the living/bed room TV sound to the bathroom, as several Hyatts in Asia can (HR TST, GH Taipei). Also the lack of a lounge was not ideal.

Breakfast service was slow and indifferent. Otherwise service was excellent.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:50 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Also the lack of a lounge was not ideal.
Park Hyatt typically do not have lounges. There are exceptions (HAM, MEL).
Old Jul 18, 2016, 2:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

but allow me to be a spoiled brat for a moment and say there is room for small improvement. Requesting a 2nd bed, only a modest twin bed was provided in living room, no pullout couch. Also the lack of a lounge was not ideal.
When you have false expectation you will be disappointed.....
Old Jul 18, 2016, 5:44 pm

When you have false expectation you will be disappointed.....
Or pleasantly surprised.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 7:57 pm

Programs: Spire Ambassador, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist
breakfast question

I think I know the answer to this question, but I'm going to ask anyway. I just booked 3 nights using cash and points for july 2017. I am currently a Hyatt Diamond, but as of Feb 2017 I will go back to being a Platinum. Will I get a free breakfast when staying here next summer or I am out of luck because of the time of stay I will only be a platinum.

Thanks for the response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.