Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 15, 2015, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Am headed to Vienna next summer to attend my alma mater's 60th anniversary of their Vienna school program (no I did not attend 60 years ago! ). I'm staying at the Marriott, but have some friends who are probably going to redeem points for their stay at the Hyatt since pricing is so expensive the week we'll be there (think there's a medical conference in town). They asked if I knew much about the VIE PH & I told them I'd check this forum & report back. I'll let them know the hard product is great & the soft product can be spotty, and hopefully it will have improved by next summer.

Cheers. Sharon
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:03 pm

Is this hotel navigable for a guest in a wheelchair? It appears that there are multiple sets of stairs from the street entrance to both the restaurant and to the lifts for the rooms. Is there a hidden elevator somewhere behind reception or something? Also, there doesn't appear to be any sort of ramp in the front. Anyone who has been there and can recall? I e-mailed the hotel, but the answer was difficult to understand, except it sounds as though the pool area is not accessible.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 6:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by lkar
Is this hotel navigable for a guest in a wheelchair? It appears that there are multiple sets of stairs from the street entrance to both the restaurant and to the lifts for the rooms. Is there a hidden elevator somewhere behind reception or something? Also, there doesn't appear to be any sort of ramp in the front. Anyone who has been there and can recall? I e-mailed the hotel, but the answer was difficult to understand, except it sounds as though the pool area is not accessible.
There is another elevator that you can catch from the lobby level that is to the left of the front desk. I would ask for a room on this side of the hotel. It would be a hike to the other side of the hotel to catch the elevator to the spa/pool. I do not know of a way to get to the BANK without stairs. I do not recall a ramp.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by thucanhho
There is another elevator that you can catch from the lobby level that is to the left of the front desk. I would ask for a room on this side of the hotel. It would be a hike to the other side of the hotel to catch the elevator to the spa/pool. I do not know of a way to get to the BANK without stairs. I do not recall a ramp.
There is an elevator for Bank at the back of the restaurant. It's directly opposite the hostess stand.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:02 am

Any idea, why it is fully booked on November 26-27th?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:44 am

Thanks very much for the answers above. Very helpful.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Hyatt Platinum and will be staying here for 5 nights between Christmas and New Year with my family- wife and college- aged son & daughter. Appreciate any tips or insights into ways stay can be made better. Also does being Hyatt Platinum imply anything like upgrades, etc?

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by christine
Any idea, why it is fully booked on November 26-27th?
Found out myself, a fashion event on the 26th and a hotel conference on the 27th.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by manstein58
Hyatt Platinum and will be staying here for 5 nights between Christmas and New Year with my family- wife and college- aged son & daughter. Appreciate any tips or insights into ways stay can be made better. Also does being Hyatt Platinum imply anything like upgrades, etc?

Thanks in advance
Unlikely they will upgrade you. Never say never though. Gold Passport won't bring you any further on this. Maybe re-book under a Virtuoso or FHR rate? This way you will enjoy benefits that equal Diamond status: free, well, included breakfast; upgrade; late-check out + extra.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 3:50 pm

Wheelchair access at the Park Hyatt Vienna

Originally Posted by lkar
There have been a few replies to your post and most seem somewhat inaccurate so I will try to address them sequentially.

Is this hotel navigable for a guest in a wheelchair? There are two low steps at the main front entrance. We are dealing with strollers not wheelchairs but the doormen are very helpful. I wouldn't be concerned actually getting in the building.

There are two elevators past the check-in desks on the left as you head in that access floors 1 through 4. These elevators also give you direct access to the Bank restaurant.

"There is an elevator for Bank at the back of the restaurant. It's directly opposite the hostess stand." - inaccurate.

The elevator from the lobby enters on the front left side of the Bank restaurant at the breakfast buffet level. The majority of the seating is two steps down or via a gently sloped ramp. So access to the Bank restaurant isn't an issue once you are in the hotel.

The elevator to the 5th and 6th floors and spa in is a different location down the hall from the above described elevators. The fitness center is handicap accessible but I don't think the pool/sauna is - steps down to the changing rooms and then steps back up to the pool.

An alternate option is to enter via the Pearl restaurant on the right side of the hotel as you face the main entrance. The elevator goes up to the same level as the Bank restaurant and then up just slightly higher to the Living Room. From the Living Room there is a door that opens to the glass enclosed elevator that goes to all room levels and the spa so technically you can access the hotel and various restaurants without encountering any stairs. The doors are, however, all relatively heavy and none have automatic openers.

Last edited by speedytimmy; Nov 30, 2015 at 7:52 am
Old Dec 1, 2015, 10:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by christine
Found out myself, a fashion event on the 26th and a hotel conference on the 27th.

I was here in July and was blown aware by the Ambassador suite. I returned 11/25-11/30. When I read that they were sold out for these 2 nights, I did not hope for any further upgrade than that provided by the DSU. I was shocked to be put back in the same room. I am not a huge fan of Austrian food and was happy with their breakfast spread. They even remembered from my July visit that my daughter had a nut allergy.

My wallet with passport, ATM, and all CC was stolen at Rathausplatz Christmas Market 14 hours before my flight back to the US. They gave me cash so I can get another passport and charged it to my credit card (one that was stolen and cancelled after they charged.) I have never been in such a situation and felt that was well beyond what one can expect, even for a 5 star.

I am not one to have high expectation for 5 star hotels. I want service to be in the background and there only if I needed it. PH Vienna, once again, delivered and made me very happy to be a Hyatt Diamond.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:26 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Stayed there last weekend. Nice upgrade to Diplomatic suite with great service this time. The service at breakfast time was great this time.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:06 am

Thanks speedytimmy -- much appreciated. I got a reply from the hotel that basically said the hotel is barrier free except for the pool, which seems to be what you're reporting as well, albeit with much detail. Thanks again!
Old Dec 20, 2015, 7:22 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Currently in the midst of a 6 night stay. Have to agree the physical plant is stunning. What a delight to stay in a suite that has actually had some thought put into comfort, praticicality as well as design.

Housekeeping ranges from perfect to abysmal. One day housekeeping appeared to consist of taking away (not replacing) dirty towels and glasses, emptying the rubbish and calling it a day. Housekeeping also removed one of my keys from the slot at the door, not just removed from the slot but removed from the room. Minor issue but I view having an active key taking from the room as a potential security risk.

Minor requests are always answered in the affirmative but nothing actually happens. For example I've been trying for three days to get some glasses taken from the minibar replaced. Yet despite always being told they are on the way nothing happens - how can any hotel not handle such a trivial request? Do they expect me to drink gin and tonic from a white wine glass like barbarian?

I'm using a DSU so it would certainly be ungrateful to formally complain given how trivial my minor requests are compared to the cost/value ratio and the quality of the room.

Haven't had any need to use the concierge, but they managed to organise the transfer from the airport ok.

Diamond breakfast was offered in the Bank Restaurant or as a 33 Euro room service credit which is the equivalent cost of the Buffett breakfast and the cost of the full room service breakfast.

Of course given the beauty of the hotel and rooms would be happy to return, the room really is perfect.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 7:59 am

I have to say I echo most of those comments from my most recent stay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.