Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever checked out during a mattress run?

Old Apr 28, 14, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HYATT-Nothingness; Starwood-Nothingness; AA-Nothingness

Whoa! Never thought I would think this would happen. I checked into Hyatt Place ABQ Airport on Friday. Original booking was for FRI-MON. I showered in the room on Friday, stayed with family on Sat, Sun and thought I would call on Monday to check-out. I actually revisited the room back on the way to the airport, used the shower to freshen up for a flight. I called today and they only had me as 1 night stay (instead of 3) because housekeeping noticed I had not used the room on Saturday. When I visited Sunday (around 7pm) and showered, my key had worked ... I even made a maintenance call because the toilet was broken. Yet, today they only credited 1 night when I checked my account.

I called the hotel, they explained housekeeping thought I had checked out early and closed it out after 1 night (remember my key worked on Sunday, however). This is very strange.

I guess it's a good thing, but those 2 nights were part of my 'challenge' and I would be short considering it's almost the end of the month of the challenge. Anyone with any similar experience or with getting 'nights' retro qualified? I even have the original confirmation showing the 3 nights.
Old Apr 28, 14, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by AA_SPG_Fan View Post
Whoa! Never thought I would think this would happen. I checked into Hyatt Place ABQ Airport on Friday. Original booking was for FRI-MON. I showered in the room on Friday, stayed with family on Sat, Sun and thought I would call on Monday to check-out. I actually revisited the room back on the way to the airport, used the shower to freshen up for a flight. I called today and they only had me as 1 night stay (instead of 3) because housekeeping noticed I had not used the room on Saturday. When I visited Sunday (around 7pm) and showered, my key had worked ... I even made a maintenance call because the toilet was broken. Yet, today they only credited 1 night when I checked my account.

I called the hotel, they explained housekeeping thought I had checked out early and closed it out after 1 night (remember my key worked on Sunday, however). This is very strange.

I guess it's a good thing, but those 2 nights were part of my 'challenge' and I would be short considering it's almost the end of the month of the challenge. Anyone with any similar experience or with getting 'nights' retro qualified? I even have the original confirmation showing the 3 nights.
If you paid for three nights you should get three night's credit. It's none of their business where you were overnight.
Old Apr 28, 14, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AA_SPG_Fan View Post

Call the hotel. If they charged you for only one night, I'm sure they'd be happy to take your money for the full three nights and give you stay/night credit (especially when you explain that you did use the room for all three days).
Old Apr 28, 14, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lawyertalk View Post
Call the hotel. If they charged you for only one night, I'm sure they'd be happy to take your money for the full three nights and give you stay/night credit (especially when you explain that you did use the room for all three days).
After I wrote my OP, I called and they were more than happy to charge me for two more nights and even charged my card on the spot. No problem -- however, the new invoice they sent me still only shows the 1 night. Waiting to hear back from the GM about them crediting 'nights' rather than just my card. I worry that I will lose the night's credit if it cannot be retroactively be added. (Plus, I would lose the challenge and points from the Possibilities promo).

Last edited by AA_SPG_Fan; Apr 28, 14 at 5:17 pm Reason: clarity
Old Apr 28, 14, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Problem has been fixed -- GM contacted me and adjusted the bill/night credits. (However, my spring promo or Challenge 'credits' are still not posting -- waiting response for Concierge) Thanks for reading!

Last edited by AA_SPG_Fan; Apr 28, 14 at 10:53 pm Reason: update on missing promo credits
Old Apr 28, 14, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

No, I'm still there.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: