Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Bonus points for club lounge closed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thucanhho
T & C:

During periods of high demand access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge may not be available; therefore Diamond members will receive 2,500 bonus points per stay plus daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) for each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people.
Print Wikipost

Bonus points for club lounge closed

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2014, 1:59 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by XCstud
If we get bonus points for the lounge being closed, are the points coming directly from/being charged the hotel? Does it cost the hotel money for those points?
I have always assumed that it does.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:55 am

Programs: A3 G, HH G, Hyatt D, IHG G
Base on my mattress run for completing Diamond Trial, I stayed in the HR Santa Clara for 4 weekends since Late May. And funny things about the RC Lounge is:

The lounge is "closed" during weekends, but not actually shut. Diamond member can access to the lounge with key card (and you can grab bottle waters, cookies, coffee, tea inside, and sit down for some quiet moment, if there's no kids inside). Breakfast will be served at the buffet restaurant in ground floor, the staff will try to charge you, but during C/O you can ask the front desk to void the charges. Plus, after every stay, 2,500 points due to "Regency Club not available during stay" will be added to GP account.

Currently in South China, staying in a Hyatt Regency with "2,500 pts + 50 USD" per night redemption (BAR is 140 USD, so point + cash rocks).
Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Does anyone know if the Regency in Phoenix offers the bonus points for a closed club on the weekend? I've never done a staycation before and I'm looking to bulk up on some points for an upcoming trip and figured this might be an easy way to do so.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Originally Posted by skitch23
Does anyone know if the Regency in Phoenix offers the bonus points for a closed club on the weekend? I've never done a staycation before and I'm looking to bulk up on some points for an upcoming trip and figured this might be an easy way to do so.
If you're referring to the downtown Phoenix Hyatt there is no club lounge so it's highly doubtful you'd receive any bonus points for a closed (non-existent) club.

If you're referring to the Scottsdale resort at Gainey Ranch the club is usually open throughout the year so once again doubtful, though certainly more probable, any club closure bonus points would be obtained.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by Windward Side of Life
If you're referring to the downtown Phoenix Hyatt there is no club lounge so it's highly doubtful you'd receive any bonus points for a closed (non-existent) club.

If you're referring to the Scottsdale resort at Gainey Ranch the club is usually open throughout the year so once again doubtful, though certainly more probable, any club closure bonus points would be obtained.
I was referring to the one in downtown Phoenix. I just assumed it had a club as it was a Regency branded hotel even though I did not see it noted on the hotel's website. Thanks for clearing that up for me!
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:55 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by skitch23
I was referring to the one in downtown Phoenix. I just assumed it had a club as it was a Regency branded hotel even though I did not see it noted on the hotel's website. Thanks for clearing that up for me!
Actually I think that more domestic Regencys do not have an operating club than those that do.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:55 am

Another stay at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis and as usual the same confusion over the bonus points for the lounge being closed. This Hotel is by far the worst and the stingiest when it comes to Diamond benefits. Last time I ended up getting billed for breakfast when the lounge was closed, wasn't offered the bonus points, no points posted for the stay either (including the 1000 points) wrote to the GM and he basically said that cash & points stays aren't entitled to any points or benefits (I had never heard of that)! Took a couple of calls to the diamond line to get the situation somewhat resolved. This time around they flatly just said we don't offer the bonus points for lounge being closed on the weekends anymore! Incompetency or competency starts at the top and in this case the GM is certainly setting the standard...
Old Oct 12, 2014, 10:01 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Hyatt Regency Vancouver LOUNGE CLOSURE DATES

Here is the Winter 2014/15 Regency Club Lounge closure dates:

December 12-19 & January 12-April 6
Closed Friday evening service. Reopens for Monday morning breakfast service

December 19 - January 12
Full Lounge closure

Great time to collect those 2500 points!
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by luxury
Here is the Winter 2014/15 Regency Club Lounge closure dates:

December 12-19 & January 12-April 6
Closed Friday evening service. Reopens for Monday morning breakfast service

December 19 - January 12
Full Lounge closure

Great time to collect those 2500 points!
Thanks for the info. ^^ I've been hanging on to a BRG reservation there between Xmas and New Years just for such an opportunity.

(although I also have a BRG at the Sheraton nearby for less $$) Decisions, decisions...

Last edited by craigthemif; Oct 13, 2014 at 9:23 am
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:17 am

Guys, it certainly looks like things have changed from the way it used to be. YMMV but my queries about my experience at the Hyatt Indianapolis to the Gold Passport Concierge resulted in the reply below so I am guessing it is totally up to the discretion of the property and not a right to get the bonus points at least for weekend closures. With her permission I am posting the reply I received below:

Good Afternoon,
You do receive points and stay credit when you use points+cash. If you did not rec the credit please let me know and I will fix it. If the Regency Club is normally closed during your stay then you do not get the points for it being closed. As a diamond member you do get free breakfast.
I am sorry for the confusion, I hope this clears things up for you. Let me know if you have any more questions.

XXXX
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by CoolInIndy
If the Regency Club is normally closed during your stay then you do not get the points for it being closed.
Wha? This came from the Concierge on this forum?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:02 pm

Yes, the Hyatt Concierge on this forum...

Originally Posted by JunkDiver
Wha? This came from the Concierge on this forum?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:06 pm

So how makes the final call? GPC specifically stated that you get points if the lounge is closed.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:11 pm

I am guessing it would never hurt to ask for the bonus points but the official line seems to be that if the lounge is "normally" closed (i.e weekends etc) then no points...

Originally Posted by JunkDiver
So how makes the final call? GPC specifically stated that you get points if the lounge is closed.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
2 During periods of high demand access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge may not be available; therefore Diamond members will receive 2,500 bonus points per stay plus daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) for each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people.
This is nicely ambiguous. If you don't get into the lounge because it's full, you get the benefit. But it doesn't say that if you don't get in because it's closed you get anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.