Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[MGM] Vdara Hotel and Spa Las Vegas - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[MGM] Vdara Hotel and Spa Las Vegas - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 6:58 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
You need 25,000 tier credits to get to pearl level, which requires spending $1000 at MGM properties (hotel, restaurants charged to your room, etc.). You also earn tier credits for gambling but not as much. However, you don't get much at pearl level...basically just buffet line passes and free parking. Here's the Mlife FAQ page: https://www.mlife.com/en/faq.html
Old Aug 27, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by sam007
guys - another side question. How many nights are required or total spend to get to Pearl status? Wondering if I should simply credit the current stay to hyatt or to mlife (only do vegas for 4 nights every year)
If you're a US resident, you can consider getting the Mlife rewards mastercard. It has no annual fee and gives automatic pearl status and priority hotel checkin.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:35 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Just stayed here. Completely unimpressed with the property. Booked a regular room, got a regular room.
YMMV.
Why shouldn't you get what you booked, you don't seem you have any status with MGM or WOH, so.... huh???

Last edited by 59Impala; Aug 28, 2017 at 6:54 am
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
I stay here a lot. Matched to MLife Plat.
Always book the cheapest room and get upgraded to a corner suite due to Mlife Plat status assuming the room is not sold out.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:37 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Stayed at Vdara last month; Thu-Sun stay.

I booked while I was still mLife Plat to take advantage of the better discount. I called reservations a few times after booking to take advantage of rate drops and even though I reverted to Gold as part of the new Globalist mapping, they still grandfathered my higher status, which was nice. I booked the basic studio suite.

I used the mobile check-in which turned out to be a mistake as I was assigned a room on the 5th (!) floor. When I arrived around midnight I asked for an upgrade and was told none were available, even though I had seen better rooms online. Since it was late and I was by myself, I decided not to make a scene but did press for a higher room. After some discussion, I accepted a studio in the same class but with an ADA shower on the 37th floor. The agent mentioned to me the mobile check-in just grabs open inventory with no consideration of mLife status.

Room was fine for just myself and the small amount of time I spent in it. I faced south, looking at the Aria, Luxor, and Mandalay Bay. No issues with WiFi. Valet was always quick and friendly. I had sit-down brunch at the cafe downstairs one day and the food and service was great.

On my last day, Housekeeping came by around 1045 and knocked on my door (even though the DND light was on) and asked me when I was checking out; checkout is at 1100. I went down to the VIP desk and asked for and was given a late checkout of 2 pm without any issue. I also gave my Hyatt number at that time as I had forgotten to do that when I checked in. My points (with 30% Globalist bonus) posted about a week after I checked out.

Overall, still a fan of the property and staff, but a little miffed about the lack of room upgrade. I'll keep this in mind if I stay here again.
Markie likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 12:14 am

Programs: HYATT Globalist Alaska 100k
I am planning on a long term stay here over 30 days. They have a lowered rate for longer stays and waive daily resort fees,. Etc.

Has anyone done this AND got QN and points?

Last edited by Alexsth2011; Apr 22, 2018 at 12:17 am Reason: Typos
Old Apr 22, 2018, 10:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
If you stay longer than 15 days, you won't get QN for any of them. You should get the points, though.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:07 pm

@joe_miami Thanks for your kind reply.
Just curious,.. is it same with all other (real) Hyatt properties or is it just MGMs?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Alexsth2011
@joe_miami Thanks for your kind reply.
Just curious,.. is it same with all other (real) Hyatt properties or is it just MGMs?
I believe it's just for the M-Life properties, but any long-term stay negotiated with a Hyatt should explicitly address points and nights upfront (and in writing). There have been scattered reports of Hyatt and/or properties playing games when people are on any type of long-term rate/discount that wasn't booked directly on the Hyatt site.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:51 pm

I see. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
I realize I can split this into two regular stays of 14 nightsand my platinum rates and offer rates are actually somehow better than long term rate. Lol
So glad I asked here.

Anything up to 14 nights (15 days) should be fine, right? Booking two stays at mlife.com bridged by one short weekend at Ceasars.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Alexsth2011
I see. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
I realize I can split this into two regular stays of 14 nightsand my platinum rates and offer rates are actually somehow better than long term rate. Lol
Your Platinum rate, including the resort fees, is lower than the long-term rate without the resort fees?

Anything up to 14 nights (15 days) should be fine, right? Booking two stays at mlife.com bridged by one short weekend at Ceasars.
As long as there's at least a one-night break, you should be okay, assuming there aren't any other M-Life rules I don't know about.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:42 pm

@joe_miami
Positive. By more than 20%, possibly because I am taking a break on Fri~Mon at Ceasar's Palace.
Constructed 10night + 3night elsewhere + 14night
With 20% more promo, I think I will be pretty happy.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 10:31 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I just spent 3 nights at the VDARA. had booked 2 rooms.

both rooms posted to my account after 3 days, but only 1 room has the Globalist 30% bonus.
Interestingly, the 20% bonus for the "Las Vegas" promotion was added to 1 room as well.

I just now wanted to claim the Globalist and Bonus Points for the other room, and I noticed that the 20% bonus from the 1 room has disappeared again.

anybody else have similar issues? does only 1 room get the Globalist bonus and extra 20% bonus? I will make a claim with WOH... and see what comes back.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:33 pm

I had two rooms in two different occasions last month. I saw only one room getting 20% bonus and didn't care too much about it but now that I read the your post, I wonder why I didn't earn bonus points for second room, too.
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...mgm-bonus.html
I don't see offer being good only for first room here, either.

BTW, I do not see this 20% bonus on my account online when I expand individual stays but total points earned seem to reflect it.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 12:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Any trip reports from recent stays?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.